Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric (553 Views)

Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? / Rivaldo Says Ronaldo Is More Humble Than People Think, Because Of This Action / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by flex04(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
In football, it is better to do your talking on the pitch than in the media- whether new or old. This seems to be the takeaway from last night’s World Cup semifinal in which Croatia defeated England 2-1 to reach their first ever final and set up a classic final with France in Moscow on Sunday.

However, the English people as a whole might have been the source of their team’s downfall as Croatia’s captain Luka Modric has come out to explain how the attempts to lampoon Croatia before the match by the English press actually spurred them on to defeat ‘The Three Lions’.

Speaking after the match he said to ITV:

“We proved everything differently that people … especially English journalists, pundits from television, they underestimated Croatia tonight and that was a huge mistake.

“All these words from them we take, we were reading and we were saying ‘OK, today we will see who will be tired.’ As I said, they should be more humble, and respect opponents more. That’s it.

“We showed again that we were not tired, we dominated the game physically, mentally in all aspects. We should have killed the game before extra time, but this is an amazing achievement for us, a dream come true.

“After such a long time we are in the final, the biggest success in Croatian sporting history. We have to be proud.”

There you have it our English friends, try to be humble and the thing might just come home and #ItsComingHome can be #ItHasComeHome.

Source: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by ukukaegbu(m): 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
Pride goes before a fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
grin myd44 lasticlala oya make u do fast push am for front page
Re: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by Digriz(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Tell them,i hate British people because of their pride,always feeling 1st class even to other Europeans. I just wish Belgium will push them downward to nothing on Saturday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by aroundnaija: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
To the nikka above....

But they are first class obviously...

Stop the hate!
Re: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by dlaw70(m): 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
Croatia is taking this cup home.i bet with my gf p+sy
Re: England Should Be More Humble – Luka Modric by Kulas: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Since Belgium my supporting team did not make it to the final. I hereby #IStandwithCroatia

(1) (Reply)

If You Have An Active Bet365 Acct / My Daily Prediction / UEFA Nations League Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.