Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? (1630 Views)

Let's Learn Python From Scratch In 2024 / Who's Interested In Learning Python For Data Science (from Scratch) / ASP.NET MVC [C#] Php Laravel - Training From Scratch-apply now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by chukzm: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Do we have Nigerians that can build mlm website from scratch without giving it out to inidians and later be a resellers to Nigerians at expensive to fellow Nigerians
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by talk2hb1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
chukzm:
Do we have Nigerians that can build mlm website from scratch without giving it out to inidians and later be a resellers to Nigerians at expensive to fellow Nigerians
Wrong Question, the question is can you pay the competent developers when you meet one?
because all/most competent developers are being over paid by top notch firms

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by eazycash: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
chukzm:
yes! there is but the problem is always the payment and charge that comes with it. most developers in nigeria are wordpress masters and plugin users who claim to be developers.
for a professional developer! you must be ready to pay for it.
yes! there are Nigerians who can do that.
contact me if you need one.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
talk2hb1:

Wrong Question, the question is can you pay the competent developers when you meet one?
because all/most competent developers are being over paid by top notch firms
I love the question you posed to that dude.
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by webapi: 2:44am On Jul 13, 2018
eazycash:

yes! there is but the problem is always the payment and charge that comes with it. most developers in nigeria are wordpress masters and plugin users who claim to be developers.

There are wordpress developers and they are also called web developers. Creating a wordpress platform from scratch is more difficult than create a web app with laravel (i use both though) but my point is, not everyone that uses wordpress are non-developers... Facebook uses wordpress, does that mean the facebook team are non-developers? What matters is use the platform that suits your need.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by webapi: 2:47am On Jul 13, 2018
eazycash:

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by orimion(m): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
webapi:

There are wordpress developers and they are also called web developers. Creating a wordpress platform from scratch is more difficult than create a web app with laravel (i use both though) but my point is, not everyone that uses wordpress are non-developers... Facebook uses wordpress, does that mean the facebook team are non-developers? What matters is use the platform that suits your need.
Facebook using WordPress? Nothing you won't hear in this world. Does Google use joomla? WordPress developer, a software developer? Ha!

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by wane01(m): 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
webapi:

This is an atomic bomb..

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by webapi: 12:36am On Jul 14, 2018
orimion:
Facebook using WordPress? Nothing you won't hear in this world. Does Google use joomla? WordPress developer, a software developer? Ha!

You are so myopic and you've only proved to know nothing. Visit https://newsroom.fb.com. it is completely built on wordpress. Clickbank uses wordpress too so go back and do your homework.
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by webapi: 12:46am On Jul 14, 2018
wane01:

This is an atomic bomb..

It's no bomb... Most people don't know all facebook products and they don't really know how the tech world revolves. You use what fits your need and that is why i ask people that needs my service what language they prefer, and if you say you don't know much, then i will advice you go with CMS. Konga runs on magento, it's also CMS and if you understand magento, you will know it's as simple as using woocommerce. Jumia runs on yii which is also CMS. So everyone uses what fits their needs. I've seen most php developers mess up people's job and the end up using CMS to complete the job

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 14, 2018
webapi:

The problem is that your statement about "Facebook uses (sic) WordPress" is very ambiguous. Facebook newsroom is powered by WordPress (because that's what it excels at, news!) not Facebook (the product)

2 Likes

Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by webapi: 2:39am On Jul 14, 2018
DanTheGeek:

The problem is that your statement about "Facebook uses (sic) WordPress" is very ambiguous. Facebook newsroom is powered by WordPress (because that's what it excels at, news!) not Facebook (the product)

The person i directed my mention to made a point and said there are no developers and most of them are wordpress masters. Which is why i said you using wordpress doesn't mean you are not a developer. I'm sure if it were Nigerians they will expect facebook to create it's news platform with it's own self created CMS. Yes facebook is capable but they still went for what suits their needs.. That is my point. Not everyone that uses wordpress is less of a developer... Click bank uses wordpress and they are one of the biggest digital e-commerce platform. Just use what fits your needs...
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by wane01(m): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2018
webapi:

It's no bomb... Most people don't know all facebook products and they don't really know how the tech world revolves. You use what fits your need and that is why i ask people that needs my service what language they prefer, and if you say you don't know much, then i will advice you go with CMS. Konga runs on magento, it's also CMS and if you understand magento, you will know it's as simple as using woocommerce. Jumia runs on yii which is also CMS. So everyone uses what fits their needs. I've seen most php developers mess up people's job and the end up using CMS to complete the job
I won't argue much with you .. Am not a web developer
#AdiĆ³s
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
webapi:

How can u say that facebook is using wordpress...
Are u mad ? Is ur brain paining u ?
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by webapi: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
Budex40:

How can u say that facebook is using wordpress...
Are u mad ? Is ur brain paining u ?

You are a daft.. Visit https://newsroom.fb.com./ is facebook news platform and it runs on wordpress... You know nothing so i won't exchange words with you. Clickbank.com also uses wordpress... Fool like you.
Re: Do We Have Competent Programmer From Scratch In Nigeria? by bet9ja(m): 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
I am currently working with an Organization own by an Indian as a Software Developer. I am not a fan of WordPress but the fact remains that it is the most popular CMS that powers over 30% of websites in the world. Like it or hate it, I can't have a queue of massive projects and i will be expected to code each project from console.log("Hello world"wink; What is important is the ability to extend the functionalities of wordpress by writing custom functions in your child-theme.

That said, In less than 6 months, I have built over 60 websites with custom design for SMMEs and i can tell you that majority of those project are built with Wordpress. The debate between Wordpress and other CMS is another discussion. Wordpress is more than installation and drag/drop as people always say.

Sample of an online store project i did for a personal client. https://yeyeoge.co.za

As a matter of fact, anyone can install the theme but they can never get the design/information architecture and functionalities of the site. As a Software Developer, I use what is best for the job.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Professional Code Reuse In Php / Create A Beautiful Android Weather App Using Openweathermap API / Why Is Heroku Not Setting My Cookie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.