Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino (21527 Views)

Buhari Receives Gianni Infantino (FIFA President) In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup / 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: The Five Best World Cup Games To Watch... (2) (3) (4)

Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by TeamSimple(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
Korea/Japan was the best . South Africa was the most colorful .

2018 tournament with teams coming to play defensive football .
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by phemmyfour: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
solochris:
I agree with him, this has been completely different from what we used to see
Especially seeing him admist different presidents
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by rollybest(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
will2lead:
get urs now
What is the name and price
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by IbnAbdullah1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
brixton:
Off course that’s the case with every World Cup tourney! Who remembers Korea/ Japan 02 and the many shouts of technological stadia?

Based on surprises and the level of officiating, I say this world cup puts others in the dark.
Technology wise Japan Korea takes the cake.
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by sprints1: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Tonymegabush1:
The next edition will b much more better
u mean FIFA World Europa Cup
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by sprints1: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
I think Korea Japan 2002 was good same with Germany 2006 France 1998 also great..US 94 was good but u see south Africa 2010 and Brazil 2014 those ones na confederation cup Russia 2018 started well but along the line became boring so I still give it to Korea Japan because of some games like Senegal France turkey Senegal, south Korea italy, Uruguay vs Senegal too don't mind me laying too much emphasis on Senegal but there games were the most exciting to watch in the world cup then....Russia 2018 looks exciting because most of the teams have only average players with no bench except the likes of France, belgium, Brazil the rest na rubbish even Croatia are lucky to have modric and rakitic otherwise they would av been eliminated by that yeye england
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by golddeejay(m): 12:05am On Jul 14, 2018
Iffa hear. Tournament with no outstanding team. England just strolled to the semifinal and started feeling themselves. Even the two finalists sef na paverage teams normally. Though I give it to Crotia, they achieved more than expectation.

Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by brixton: 3:04am On Jul 14, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Based on surprises and the level of officiating, I say this world cup puts others in the dark.
Technology wise Japan Korea takes the cake.

Well there’s always been a surprise in each World Cup I have followed, this one didn’t carry any surprise except for maybe Croatia and England? Officiating would have been okay but I will disagree based on the shame officiating we saw in Argentina-Nigeria match.
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by theDEVILisHERE: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2018
Learnstuffs:
This is an insult to Korea/Japan 2002.

Korea/japan 02
That's one of the worst if not the worst World Cup ever

So much bad officiating/fraud in that distasteful tournament

Russia is one of the best if not the best
At least VAR is now part of d game
Re: Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino by IbnAbdullah1(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2018
brixton:

Well there’s always been a surprise in each World Cup I have followed, this one didn’t carry any surprise except for maybe Croatia and England? Officiating would have been okay but I will disagree based on the shame officiating we saw in Argentina-Nigeria match.

You are simply being emotional, the referee that officiated our match against Argentina was truthfully on top of the game. All the calls he made were spot-on.
If you are going to use that "penalty incident" to say this world cup has not being top-notch in terms officiating then it means you are not being fair in your judgements.
Humans are bound to make mistakes,but the World Cup has got to be the best based on what I have witnessed from previous world cups.
The VAR really helped in many ways honestly.
Your opinion though..

Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award / World Cup-bound Referee, Facundo Tello Shows 10 Red Cards In Argentina Cup Final / Rivers United Best Nigerian Club In 2017, Rank Higher Than Crystal Palace,