Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

France Vs Croatia: Antoine Griezzman Slams Chelsea And Thibaut Courtois - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France Vs Croatia: Antoine Griezzman Slams Chelsea And Thibaut Courtois (344 Views)

Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training / Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

France Vs Croatia: Antoine Griezzman Slams Chelsea And Thibaut Courtois by Gisthoodng(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
Antoine Griezzman has slammed Chelsea and Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois after he accused France of playing 'anti-football' in Tuesday's semi-final match.

France advanced to final with a vital 1-0 win against Belgium, secured by Samuel Umititi's header in the second half.

Belgium dominated the opening face but failed to breakdown a very stubborn France team, protected by die-hard defensive Midfielder N'Golo Kante and Co.

After the match, Courtois was one of the Belgium players who critised France for their style of play.

He said: 'it's just an anti-football team.

'Their Striker players 30metres from his own goal.

'France needs a corner and does nothing more than defend.
'I would have preferred to have lost against Brazil in the quarter-finals, at least that was a team that wanted to play football'

Courtois's Club and International teammate Eden Hazard said: ' I prefer to lose with this Belgium than with that France.

But Griezzman, who is likely to partner Olivier Giroud in attack on Sunday in Moscow, reminded Courtois that Chelsea, under their now former manager Antonio Conte, were hardly famed for free-flowing attacking football.

He said: 'Does Thibaut Courtois think that at Chelsea he plays Barcelona football? I don't care how, I want a second star to be on this shirt. That is all.'

Source: http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/france-vs-croatia-antoine-griezzman.html

cc; Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Roma To Rival Chelsea For Leon Bailey / Aleksandr Golovin Has Signed A Deal With AS Monaco / Gotv Boxing Night 15: Joe Boy Retains ABU Title As Oyekola Wins N1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.