Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up (38970 Views)

Celebration In Kano This Night As People Chant 'Ganduje Barawo Dollar' / Ugwuanyi’s Indelible Footprints On Enugu’s Milliken Hill Road / Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Reconstructed Enugu Miliken Hill Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by badoxil(m): 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
this road no be for here oooo
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by omocalabar(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
oglalasioux:

That road was built in the 1920s. It was the only road into Enugu from Onitsha and Northern Nigeria till the 1970s. Don't worry. The road is stronger than you think.
The road looks tempting for speedsters like me..lolz
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
I really wish to serve at Enugu state.

3 Likes

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by iamhorny(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
Check out enugu from the hill top.
Fresh pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/4615101/never-seen-view-enugu-city#up
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by gaby(m): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
mybestlove:
I spotted an error on the road already without taking a second look. I think Nigerians need serious education on road safety.

Those white lines you see on the road aren't for fancy or to demarcate the lanes, it means a lot to the driver. Those lines tell where you can and where you can't overtake.

The straight white lines mean you can't overtake here while the broken white lines means you can overtake here. Applying the broken white lines on a curve is erroneous because you are telling drivers to overtake in a curve.

No mind them..auto drive don turn everybody to driver, they won't even know what it means...

2 Likes

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by LZAA: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=Babygiwa post=69342048]More[/quote
]
The same afonjas who were celebrating grafitti on streets and a bus stop are saying it's just a road, grin guess its true wen they say madness is not only wen u off cloth

2 Likes

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Anstone: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ogun should follow suit na... Àbí na to dey breed "agberos" Na Sabi ni?

Useless land with no ordinary bus pack, talkmore of a local airport
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Innobee99(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nice work but I only observed that d curves and sharp bends are way too much. Lives might be at risk.
God protect us all.... Amen

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by kodlins(f): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
The road has always been between a very big gully and a hill for years.
So it's not an erosion case

omocalabar:
Looks nice..but gully erosion will come for it soon,..protective measures shud be put in place

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by bigocean(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
mybestlove:
I spotted an error on the road already without taking a second look. I think Nigerians need serious education on road safety.

Those white lines you see on the road aren't for fancy or to demarcate the lanes, it means a lot to the driver. Those lines tell where you can and where you can't overtake.

The straight white lines mean you can't overtake here while the broken white lines means you can overtake here. Applying the broken white lines on a curve is erroneous because you are telling drivers to overtake in a curve.

i never knew this before now, thanks for the enlightenment
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by wink2015(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
Where are the road Ex-governor Emmanuel Uduaghan built in Delta state?

We can see that of Ibori even though Ibori is as corrupt as Uduaghan.

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by kodlins(f): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
It's a natural occurrence.

You all need to visit Milken Hill
Innobee99:
Nice work but I only observed that d curves and sharp bends are way too much. Lives might be at risk.
God protect us all.... Amen
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Edgarated(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
OP weldone but you but the aerial photos...
I'm proudly Enugwu Ngwo..
Na road to my papa and mama house be that. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Innobee99(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
kodlins:
It's a natural occurrence.
You all need to visit Milken Hill
Am not opposing it but just my little observation.
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by kodlins(f): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
That road us as old the colonial Enugu state

drlaykay:
Don't know what's beautiful there?
Looks like a death trap

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by selemempe: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
loveth360:
that is nigeria for you,
mind you nigeria dont have
road users rulers.just anywhere you see space put your vehicle dey go.

but is now left for you to know whether to put your finger in the fire or not.
sullivan chime's roads in enugu are well marked...wat mybestlove said its tru...but this is gburugburu issue not nigeria issue

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by colossus91(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
fast and furious comes to mind
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
mybestlove:

Thats correct.
However i feel the ignorant did it this way because they probably wanna save paints
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Enskynelson(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
This post shows how backward we are as a people. See as we are celebrating road construction in probably a State capital!

2 Likes

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by StudentsNG: 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
I am not here to discredit e-warriors that are doing their job. But someone should please help me beg them to remind their master, Ugwuanyim that Isi-uzo (precisely, Eha-Amufu Dev. Authority) is still part of Enugu State and ideally an extract of Nsukka. It is gross the scam this governor dished to this region by claiming to have constructed a road to Eha-Amufu via Umualor. He stood shamelessly to commission less than 5km of that project and press had it that Eha-Amufu has been connected. Lies are bad, especially when you lie to those who voted you.

A couple of decades ago, before the ugly civil war ravaged the area, one of the touchstones of Eastern pride bordering the northern part of the country was Eha-Amufu. Eha-Amufu is a home to the only Federal College of Education in Enugu State, a home to hardworking farmers and indigenes of Enugu State. DETAILS ABOUT THIS ICONIC TOWN IS HERE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eha_Amufu

Ugwuanyim should remember this people and help with a road. They are not asking for hospitals, schools, water, etc. Just provide access road, we can always find our way to get other things. Stop fixing only your home town and sending your e-warriors to come online to litter pictures of street lighting. A sane Governor shouldn't be doing that in a sane world. But what do I know?

PLEASE FIX EHA-AMUFU ROAD. #Peace!

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by EduColombo(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
Lilimax:
Lovely!
But that road is very creepy when plying it especially with those big gullies at both sides shocked
It has claimed several lives till date due to reckless driving ?
The Gillies are just on one side
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by OfficialAPCNig: 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Afflalo:
ibadan is still better than this crap
You mean the brown roof capital of the world is better than the most resilient city in the world?

Too much ewedu is really destroying something in your brain.

Cut down your intake and thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Ttipsy(f): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
it's cool for me!
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by obinto: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
mybestlove:

Correct observation but you are expecting a lot from Nigerians both the led and the leaders. The average Nigerian driver is not mindful of basic safety measures like overloading,good tyre threads, proper brake function, etc. Solid or broken lines on the road is the last thing on their mind. You can only educate someone with the right mentality and willingness to learn and apply.
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Lilimax(f): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
EduColombo:

The Gillies are just on one side
I cant even remember if gully was on one side alone or not cos it's been long I plied the route.
It was a creepy experience anyway shocked
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by sanmisaint(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
Even if it's 1km, I still like it
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Lorenzop: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
omocalabar:
Looks nice..but gully erosion will come for it soon,..protective measures shud be put in place

Do you know where that road is seated?....I can bet that road is older than your parents.....The road is firmly sitting on a solid rock....it has been there even before the civil war

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
drlaykay:
Don't know what's beautiful there?
Looks like a death trap
Absolutely! very dangerous, considering the careless Atitude of typical Nigerian motorists and their inadequate vehicles.
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
Accidents waiting to happen.
Re: See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up by oneclickng: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
Why can't Abia for once have a governor like him? God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reason Why I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari Reveal / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala With Frank Edwards / Adeleke To Directors: Accept Permanent Secretary Appointment And Get Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.