Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

The 2nd Amazing Way, Deep Breathing Can Lengthen Your Days On Earth! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The 2nd Amazing Way, Deep Breathing Can Lengthen Your Days On Earth! (402 Views)

You Are The Luckiest Woman On Earth If Your Husband "Joystick" Is Still Active / #coronavirus: See How Much Each Breathing Machine ICU Ventilator Costs / The Amazing Ways, Deep Breathing Can Lengthen Your Days On Earth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 2nd Amazing Way, Deep Breathing Can Lengthen Your Days On Earth! by DJurry(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2018
REDHubâ„¢ | #HumSiologySeries | Part 2

Tell me something! Let's assume you were offered an irresistible amount of money, say $900 million, tied to a special job that will require you to work endlessly, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for an indefinite number of years.

Would you accept the proposal or you'd be busy thinking about how insane that employer is?

Frankly, there is an employee doing this job for you, right now! A worker that has been doing it, since you were born and will continue to do it, even though you fail to pay him, his dues!

Who the heck is this mysterious laborer? Simple! Your beating heart, just beneath your chest!

When I sat my butt down to properly study the physiology of the human heart, I was short of words! What an intelligent design by our "Creator"! Being an organ about the size of your clenched fist, it's composed of a perfect network of muscles, triggered by smart, "pacemaker" cells to pump your blood, 24/7; cells which don't need your permission to work!

This partly explains why open, heart surgeries are often successful! The heart can still beat, smartly, when detached from the human chest! It also explains why the leading cause of natural death in the 21st century is heart disease, simply due to a "tired heart" that stems from years of neglecting the Elements of Nature, the body cries for daily!

Now, let's come back to you! Do you know that one of the numerous ways you can care for your "selfless" heart, which pumps the "river of life" to every other organ-system, is through Deep Breathing?

Simply put, deep breathing is vital in improving the performance of your cardiovascular system!

This system is basically made up of your heart (the central pump) and countless miles of blood vessels (the pipes). And blood vessels, leaving the heart, carry nutrient-rich blood that feeds the trillions of active cells in you.

Now, it's well-known that the heart normally pumps at an average pressure of 120 millimetres (mm), as shown on the clinical sphygmometer; a force that is equivalent to 30 feet, in practical terms, which is almost half the length of a lawn tennis court!

However, what isn't widely known is that at the junction where nutrients diffuse to your cells, in exchange for toxic by-products, the pressure drastically drops to about 17mm! And
it falls even further as this toxin-laden blood enters your veins, the pipes that return blood to your heart.

Now, when you breathe in, deeply as well as breathe out fully, something amazing happens!

Just before I reveal it, I must note that within your chest, lies two lungs with your heart, in between. And within your abdomen, lies numerous organs such as the liver, stomach, kidneys amid others. And a wide sheet of muscle, known as the diaphragm, seperates your chest organs from those below!

So, while you breathe in, deeply, this diaphragm contracts more and pushes downwards, your abdominal organs. This push "squeezes" the various veins in your abdomen, leading to more blood, returning to your heart, above!

And when you breathe out, deeply, your abdominal muscles press in your organs and consequently, those veins, returning even more blood!

So, "kini big deal" if more blood returns to your heart? Two key benefits, there are!

Foremost, blood returning to your heart carries toxic carbondioxide (CO2), which must be eliminated quickly (see reasons, in Part 1). Hence, more returning blood means more CO2 will be kicked out, via your lungs!

Secondly, more returning blood means more vital Oxygen (O2) can be absorbed from your lungs. What this means is that more O2, amid other nutrients, will be delivered to your "hungry" brain amid other organ-systems that keep you alive!

I regard the brain as hungry because this squishy organ that is barely 2% of your body mass, consumes more nutrients (especially O2) than most organs in the body. And if blood flow is reduced, even for few seconds, brain cells begin to die, which culminates into issues from depression to stroke!

So, it's obvious that another amazing way, deep breathing can help you feel better and lengthen your life is by making more blood available for your heart to redistribute to where its wastes will be removed and its nutrients, consumed!

The good news is that REDHub now has a novel tool to help you easily make a habit of Deep Breathing and consequently enable you live a longer, stronger and happier life!

To learn about it, click the "red health lover" link, in my signature below!

Now, I look forward to putting a health thread soon, about another amazing way, deep breathing can lengthen your life.

If you don't want to miss this broadcast nor others I share with my inner circle of RED Hubbers, kindly visit: http://m.me/RedHealthLover.

Here's Part 1: https://www.nairaland.com/4605890/amazing-ways-deep-breathing-lengthen#69192905.

Live Longer, Live Stronger!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Disorder / Living With HIV? Facts You Should Know / Serious Nausea During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.