Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School (11178 Views)

EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School / #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos / Please Help Stop Exploitation Of Ekiti State University Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by ITbomb(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
80k don pay full year school fees for some people, na im una dey use pay for party
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by fr3do(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
CecyAdrian:

The woman claims her son was checked out of the school without issue after his exams but was called few days after to notify her of the said damage. What if her son was not among thos who carried out the crime. Because If you commit this kind of crime in boarding school, they notify your parents and are asked to pay before checking out of the school.

Why was it not done in this case? Something is not right

You think Mrs. Onwubiko would have parted with 187k if her son didn't damage anything?

The school is probably acting within their rights, is she can't keep up, she should find a cheaper school.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by CecyAdrian(f): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
fr3do:

You think Mrs. Onwubiko would have parted with 187k if her son didn't damage anything?

The school is probably acting within their rights, is she can't keep up, she should find a cheaper school.

It's not about the son damaging anything or not but the way the school is going about it. Moreova, I am only reacting to what was reported
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by Philipmems(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
post=69393090:

The woman claims her son was checked out of the school without issue after his exams but was called few days after to notify her of the said damage. What if her son was not among thos who carried out the crime. Because If you commit this kind of crime in boarding school, they notify your parents and are asked to pay before checking out of the school. 

CecyAdrian, kindly permit us to borrow your post to reply this bros here.
You've helped us to type what we wanted to.
Thank you.

why would he and his friends be singled out for this destructive behaviour? Teens lie a lot so they won't be punished. The reason the mom paid the alloted amount to the school for the destruction is because she knows there is a great possibly that he did it. Let us stop protecting bad behavior because it only gets worse.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by b4dawn(m): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2018
nawaooo
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by Nnamdiojukwu: 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Haba criminal everywere may God help us.
This is done by the foreigners in Nigeria,many Nigerians are in jail abroad for things like this,but they believed with the collaboration with the corrupt Nigerians they can be able to get away with it.
They have perfected a way to make sure they don't touch student school fees which they have already collected for the maintainance of the school,something has to be done,this is daylight robbery.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by Nnamdiojukwu: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2018
Philipmems:

why would he and his friends be singled out for this destructive behaviour? Teens lie a lot so they won't be punished. The reason the mom paid the alloted amount to the school for the destruction is because she knows there is a great possibly that he did it. Let us stop protecting bad behavior because it only gets worse.
So,if that happened, the plywood's I saw on the floor worth the amount?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by Nnamdiojukwu: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
fr3do:

Think straight, the woman never complained about the school fees,but the way they are going about the whole money thing,you already graduate, why force student to 80k for a prom party?
What has the school even do for the graduating students?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by fr3do(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
CecyAdrian:

It's not about the son damaging anything or not but the way the school is going about it. Moreova, I am only reacting to what was reported

It is a norm for students in primary and secondary schools to pay for things other than their tution and boarding, even in cheaper private and public schools.

It is only 80k here because of the caliber of school.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by DKM123: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2018
Teacher1776:
I don't know how this is my business. Ajegunle secondary is just by the corner. U said, mba. Your son can't mix up with riffraffs. U chose British K-leg int school. Anything u see there, manage it. Cos for those of us in Ajegunle secondary school, there is no way we can comprehend these financial figures you are quoting. 80k for prom?
Well, I guess your school has a PTA. Please take your case there. The chairman will understand. Or better still, u have a ministry of education in your LGA. Go to their office and complain.
Or just pay and keep quiet. There is clear evidence properties were destroyed. It even baffled me that in spite of all the high standard your children were exposed to in that school, they still condescend so low and acted like ordinary street kids, all in the name of celebrating graduation! Even those of us in Ajegunle secondary school do not celebrate our final exam in that manner. What we sometimes do is pour pure water on each others bodies. If we must destroy anything, we simply tore each others uniforms.
I am highly disappointed in those K-leg school kids.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Hey God! cheesy My ribs! I am officially tired of this nairaland. I can't, mhen! cheesy

So because she pays for her an expensive school, then she has no right to complain when she is being exploited. I swear, you no well!
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by CecyAdrian(f): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
fr3do:

It is a norm for students in primary and secondary schools to pay for things other than their tution and boarding, even in cheaper private and public schools.

It is only 80k here because of the caliber of school.

So it's okay to pay even when the student opted out?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by fr3do(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
CecyAdrian:

So it's okay to pay even when the student opted out?

Some events require that all students pay, if you don't show up, its your loss.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 4:26am On Jul 16, 2018
I read this piece with keen interest and have some observations and objections.

Clearly, the images show that the despicable act of vandalism was committed, and the students must have done this the day they completed their final year exam. Did I read you well when you said “mere renovation” required where such costly pieces of furniture have been destroyed? Do you know the cost of the furniture you’re seeing in the images? So a fellow parent could have referred to the destruction of such furniture shown in the images as “knocked wardrobes and door”. Please don’t pamper your child, and don’t’ ruin his life. Apparently, you couldn’t say your child was not involved, you are only saying they couldn’t prove it and that the money charged was too much. If I were the school, I probably would do more and even ensure the children don’t get good testimonials, references or recommendations from the school.

The article claims that the school waited till the day of graduation before serving such notices of vandalism on the parent. How then was she able to pay the vandalism fee before the day of graduation because paragraph 7 clearly shows that they were denied entry to school on the day of graduation because of N80,000 (for prom), not because of the N185,700? Paragraph 9 says a parent shows to Irukkanews “copies of the letter of vandalism and accompany [sic] pictures [which were] sent to her by the school. Were those documents given to the parent at the gate on graduation date? Did she pay at the gate that day (an evidence of payment date may clear this).
Meanwhile, the attached letter was dated 11th June and the letter indicates that vandalism happened on 7th June. The attached letter also shows that parents were to pay on or before 22nd of June. Could it be that the parent actually got the letter earlier and paid the vandalism fee earlier but only decided to complain on the day of graduation which must have happened between 9th and 14th July (which is the time most schools did graduations and prom) because the child wasn’t allowed in.

On the cost of prom, the school decides what to charge for it. You don’t expect to have a buffet at Oriental hotel for N10,000. Did you expect them to charge N8,000? Your child has actually graduated the day he finished his exams, prom or no prom, and didn’t need to participate in any ceremony. You probably should have stayed away from any other event since you didn’t pay for such.

The school we enroll our children in is our choice. Who wouldn’t go for lunch or dinner in Oriental hotel if they could afford it? If I have chosen to take my children to the eatery around my house for dinner I wouldn’t blame, abuse, envy or habour animosity or jealousy towards another man that took his own children to Oriental, Protea or Sheraton. Choice is it.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 4:43am On Jul 16, 2018
post=69393090:

CecyAdrian, kindly permit us to borrow your post to reply this bros here.
You've helped us to type what we wanted to.
Thank you.

If they did it without anybody knowing, investigations would have to be done which might have taken some days. How about "if you commit this kind of crime in boarding school, they notify your parents and are asked to pay before" graduation?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 4:48am On Jul 16, 2018
post=69389609:
............she also wondered why an astronomical sum of N1,300,000 should be paid by the students for a mere renovation of a knocked, wardrobe and door, even if the damage was actually committed by their wards.

HABA!!

Excuse me!!! the pictures you posted say it all except that the parent's sense of judgement is skewed. How could you say fixing this requires this mere renovation. Don't be an "ota aje" (enemy of good things).
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 4:55am On Jul 16, 2018
CecyAdrian:

I don't get. So the school can bill anything they feel like because the child was involved. Did you read the part where it said the kid checked out of the hostel without any issue? How come they are pinning these damages on them without prior notice. What if some other set of students did the damage?
The mother is only asking the school to prove it, not that the child never did it. I hope the child would not set his mom's vehicle ablaze one day out of annoyance. The mom knows the kind of child she has. And the mom lies too. I challenge the mom to post a copy of when she paid the 187,500 for you to know she was not notified on graduation day as claimed. Checks revealed graduation day was 14th July
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 4:58am On Jul 16, 2018
UncleSnr:

The school took advantage of the situation. I remember when I was in the Seminary, the whole class was suspended for the action of a few students, the reason was that we were all accomplice to the crime (we are responsible for the actions of others).
Also, when my younger sister was in secondary school, if you are caught outside the school without a signed exeat card, you are to bring close to (if not more) 30blocks and 2 bags of cement.

It is called deterrent.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 5:01am On Jul 16, 2018
post=69393435:

You've said it all my sister.
Some people refuse to read and assimilate.
Thank you.

I read and assimilated, and here are my observations:

Clearly, the images show that the despicable act of vandalism was committed, and the students must have done this the day they completed their final year exam. Did I read you well when you said “mere renovation” required where such costly pieces of furniture have been destroyed? Do you know the cost of the furniture you’re seeing in the images? So a fellow parent could have referred to the destruction of such furniture shown in the images as “knocked wardrobes and door”. Please don’t pamper your child, and don’t’ ruin his life. Apparently, you couldn’t say your child was not involved, you are only saying they couldn’t prove it and that the money charged was too much. If I were the school, I probably would do more and even ensure the children don’t get good testimonials, references or recommendations from the school.

The article claims that the school waited till the day of graduation before serving such notices of vandalism on the parent. How then was she able to pay the vandalism fee before the day of graduation because paragraph 7 clearly shows that they were denied entry to school on the day of graduation because of N80,000 (for prom), not because of the N185,700? Paragraph 9 says a parent shows to Irukkanews “copies of the letter of vandalism and accompany [sic] pictures [which were] sent to her by the school. Were those documents given to the parent at the gate on graduation date? Did she pay at the gate that day (an evidence of payment date may clear this).
Meanwhile, the attached letter was dated 11th June and the letter indicates that vandalism happened on 7th June. The attached letter also shows that parents were to pay on or before 22nd of June. Could it be that the parent actually got the letter earlier and paid the vandalism fee earlier but only decided to complain on the day of graduation which must have happened between 9th and 14th July (which is the time most schools did graduations and prom) because the child wasn’t allowed in.

On the cost of prom, the school decides what to charge for it. You don’t expect to have a buffet at Oriental hotel for N10,000. Did you expect them to charge N8,000? Your child has actually graduated the day he finished his exams, prom or no prom, and didn’t need to participate in any ceremony. You probably should have stayed away from any other event since you didn’t pay for such.

The school we enroll our children in is our choice. Who wouldn’t go for lunch or dinner in Oriental hotel if they could afford it? If I have chosen to take my children to the eatery around my house for dinner I wouldn’t blame, abuse, envy or habour animosity or jealousy towards another man that took his own children to Oriental, Protea or Sheraton. Choice is it.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 5:04am On Jul 16, 2018
CecyAdrian:

Is it right then?

Absolutely. Evil actions must not be encouraged. evil children become evil adults. Stop the dangerous tide
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 5:06am On Jul 16, 2018
Earthbound:
But there's usually caution fees added to the school fees incase of issues like this. If you have never damaged school property, you can lay claim to that money after graduation. Back in secondary school, 20k per term was the caution fee.

Also prom at Oriental? Really? Talk about misplaced priorities.

It's a matter of choice; a child goes to the village for holiday, another child goes to London. Affordability
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 5:11am On Jul 16, 2018
DKM123:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Hey God! cheesy My ribs! I am officially tired of this nairaland. I can't, mhen! cheesy

So because she pays for her an expensive school, then she has no right to complain when she is being exploited. I swear, you no well!
My brother, what do you call exploitation? Coca cola 50cl is N100 in some corner shops; in some eateries, it is N150; in some hotels, it could go for N300. Is that exploitation?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by Teacher1776(m): 5:40am On Jul 16, 2018
DKM123:

In these austere times when some parents cannot even buy ordinary exercise book for their kids in public schools, some parents are paying 1 point something million for school fees. Shouldn't such kids be trained in a way that differs from the rugged street kids? They damaged those properties because they believe their parents can pay the cash to renovate them.
Well i didn't say she couldn't complain. All I said was that we can't comprehend her here. She should channel her complaints to appropriate quarters like PTA chairman or ministry of education
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by CecyAdrian(f): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2018
borijomi:

My brother, what do you call exploitation? Coca cola 50cl is N100 in some corner shops; in some eateries, it is N150; in some hotels, it could go for N300. Is that exploitation?

Seems like you are a rep from the school, welcome though but you came late to the Party, how so?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2018
CecyAdrian:

Seems like you are a rep from the school, welcome though but you came late to the Party, how so?

I actually wished i could be hired as the school's rep. If they did, the child won't get any good recommendation from the school. The child might even have to stay back for other punitive measures. My dad or mom wouldn't have done what the parents are doing. Rather, if established that i was involved in any way ( remotely or directly) i would serve additional punishment at the home front for disgracing the family and bringing their names into disrepute. Give your children proper training. @CecyAdrian: I could see that you're conciliatory to the evil act and that's why i fear for the future of this country. If a child could so destroy private properties, you could imagine what would be done to public properties.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by VeeBabs(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
They ALL play the same tricks. Caleb British is not the only one.

A similar thing happened at GreenSprings School, Lekki. They waited until the NIGHT before the Valedictory Service to inform parents of allegations (and bills) of misconduct.

I know because I am familiar with one of the affected parents. Funny part is that the accusation levelled against her son was about a misdemeanour dating back WEEKS.

This young man was supposed to be the VALEDICTORIAN. He was asked to prepare for his valedictory speech, but the night before the Valedictory Service, he was told that he would NOT be allowed to give the speech because of the misconduct (which they magically forgot until the night before the event).

In his stead, a girl, whom they had secretly asked to prepare a parallel speech all the while, was invited to the stage to give the valedictory speech. You can imagine the humiliation that boy felt.

Impunity is the order of the day.

This is Nigeria.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by VeeBabs(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
borijomi:

I actually wished i could be hired as the school's rep. If they did, the child won't get any good recommendation from the school. The child might even have to stay back for other punitive measures. My dad or mom wouldn't have done what the parents are doing. Rather, if established that i was involved in any way ( remotely or directly) i would serve additional punishment at the home front for disgracing the family and bringing their names into disrepute. Give your children proper training. @CecyAdrian: I could see that you're conciliatory to the evil act and that's why i fear for the future of this country. If a child could so destroy private properties, you could imagine what would be done to public properties.

@Borijomi, you are already doing a good job as unappointed PR rep for the school. Expect an offer letter in a jiffy.

There are two clear issues in this matter, which you are failing differentiate

1. SOME CHILDREN WILFULLY DAMAGED SCHOOL PROPERTY. If those photos are authentic, someone must pay for them. The identities of the culprits is the main issue here.

2. THE SCHOOL REVEALED THE MISDEMEANOUR IN A MALICIOUS MANNER. Why wait so long to disclose the case? I have no problem with the charges, but waiting till so late before springing a surprise accusation is, to me, an effort to embarrass the parents and their wards.

The amount in question is not the main issue. I agree with you that the bill was inflated possibly to serve as a deterrent to such behaviour. But it is the timing that I consider unfair.

Besides, why make parents pay for a graduation party that ought to be optional?
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by borijomi: 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
VeeBabs:

@Borijomi, you are already doing a good job as unappointed PR rep for the school. Expect an offer letter in a jiffy.

There are two clear issues in this matter, which you are failing differentiate

1. SOME CHILDREN WILFULLY DAMAGED SCHOOL PROPERTY. If those photos are authentic, someone must pay for them. The identities of the culprits is the main issue here.

2. THE SCHOOL REVEALED THE MISDEMEANOUR IN A MALICIOUS MANNER. Why wait so long to disclose the case? I have no problem with the charges, but waiting till so late before springing a surprise accusation is, to me, an effort to embarrass the parents and their wards.

The amount in question is not the main issue. I agree with you that the bill was inflated possibly to serve as a deterrent to such behaviour. But it is the timing that I consider unfair.

Besides, why make parents pay for a graduation party that ought to be optional?

Thanks for your comment; i honestly appreciate your objectivity. Everything i said is based on what i read from the documents posted by only one party (the complainant). Unfortunately, we may not hear from the other party here. But the parent is not proving to us that she wasn't informed earlier.
On "why pay for a graduation party that ought to be optional", we're saying the same thing: in as much as it was optional, and in as much as the child did not pay, the child shouldn't have gone to the party or any event associated with the payment. As simple as that.
I don't know how the school revealed the case other than from the letter posted by the school dated about 4 days after the act. On "why wait so late" the family could have been incommunicado. Perhaps the school called them and they failed to ignore. Anything could have happened; i bet we do not have the facts yet as this is one-sided. Commenting otherwise is somewhat prejudicial. But when you have your private property destroyed wantonly, trust me, you will want to get justice because it hurts.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by CecyAdrian(f): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2018
borijomi:

Thanks for your comment; i honestly appreciate your objectivity. Everything i said is based on what i read from the documents posted by only one party (the complainant). Unfortunately, we may not hear from the other party here. But the parent is not proving to us that she wasn't informed earlier.
On "why pay for a graduation party that ought to be optional", we're saying the same thing: in as much as it was optional, and in as much as the child did not pay, the child shouldn't have gone to the party or any event associated with the payment. As simple as that.
I don't know how the school revealed the case other than from the letter posted by the school dated about 4 days after the act. On "why wait so late" the family could have been incommunicado. Perhaps the school called them and they failed to ignore. Anything could have happened; i bet we do not have the facts yet as this is one-sided. Commenting otherwise is somewhat prejudicial. But when you have your private property destroyed wantonly, trust me, you will want to get justice because it hurts.

Let me answer some of t questions you asked that were answered in the Op's post that you have refused to acknowledge.

The child did not attend the Prom. According to the write up, he wasn't interested and so the parents did not pay, but because he did not pay for the Prom, he was refused entrance on the day of graduation not Prom party. Prom party held at Oriental hotel, graduation held in th school.

How could you say the parent's were incommunicado? You are really trying to hard to justify this wicked act. The Parents that came to pick their ward from school was incommunicado? But they suddenly were not when the letter needed to be served.
Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by lade4life: 5:25am On Jul 18, 2018
CecyAdrian:

Let me answer some of t questions you asked that were answered in the Op's post that you have refused to acknowledge.

The child did not attend the Prom. According to the write up, he wasn't interested and so the parents did not pay, but because he did not pay for the Prom, he was refused entrance on the day of graduation not Prom party. Prom party held at Oriental hotel, graduation held in th school.

How could you say the parent's were incommunicado? You are really trying to hard to justify this wicked act. The Parents that came to pick their ward from school was incommunicado? But they suddenly were not when the letter needed to be served.

Nigeria will not get better until we begin to be reasonable and until we even understand simple English or better still begin to master and communicate in our local languages (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo). I now understand what the problem is with most of us. You said "The Parents that came to pick their ward from school was incommunicado? But they suddenly were not when the letter needed to be served". So the parents were served? The fact that the parent came to pick the child never meant they could have given the parent the letter the day the parent came to pick the child if they had not even discovered any vandalism act by then. Why report a hitherto undiscovered crime? Is that sensible? Assume, assume assume: a parent comes to pick a child and is waiting at the reception, and then the child, about leaving, thinks of quickly inflicting maximum damage which he executes. Then he joins the parent at the meeting point, and off they go. Minutes later vandalism discovered, investigation begins. Investigation concluded days after, parent was contacted. If parent is reached, letter is served. Parent chooses either to discuss with school or not. If parent fails to show up, school may decide on another line of action. Objectivity requires that you look at both sides of the story; not for us to be bias

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by lade4life: 6:07am On Jul 18, 2018
CecyAdrian:

You don't have to castigate the person commenting for airing his own view; that's being objective. I might as well say you're bias

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School by Wells1010: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
Children are the most golden that we have. And we always want all the best for them. You must always remember that everything is laid from a very young age. Most attention should be given in the first five years. And of course a lot of parents miss this moment. It is in these years that the first qualities of the child are manifested and they need to be directed in the right direction. I have been interested in this topic for a very long time and of course one site https://assignment-helpers.co.uk helped me, where I ordered several articles on this topic. And on the Internet, I came across the shocking Exploitation Of Parents At Caleb British International School, because I always believed that this school is one of the best in the country. And I read that many parents were forced to pay for the admission of the child, although the child must take all entrance exams for free. But if this is also the case for the Eastern schools, it is necessary, of course, that the state’s representation in the person of the Ministry of Education intervenes in this matter. And if you want to read more articles on this topic, go to the site that I wrote in this text!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniben Students Sign Here / A Fire Outbreak In UNIUYO Udi Hall Of Residence / IPPIS: FG Says Lecturers Enrolling, Despite ASUU’s Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.