Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved (1775 Views)

EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence / Open Grazing: Stop Crying More Than The Bereaved - Falana Tells FG / 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by Odingo1: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
Igbos leave Yoruba people to their choice.
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by SouthEastFacts: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2018
hammer6F:
southeastfacts

this is the moniker, i was talking about from my thread. Patrioticooduan

In the mix below, one of them is admin disguised, take note.
That guy is something else. Keep ignoring him.
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by pazienza(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
hammer6F:
However, Pazienza, there is brotherhood in the middlebelt directly above Alaigbo Eastward.

Igala and Co are open for dialogue, we must draw dem closer.

Leaving dem afar is wat led to the Civil war error of mistaking us as foes.

Everyone is open for dialogue, even the devil himself.
You should always dialogue with everyone, including the devil, but you must always be brutal with your assessment of your partners interests and yours for only then can you find points of mutual interest to work on.

Igala (In Kogi) is tied to the caliphate via religion. Like the Yorubas, they are divided between Islam and Xtianity.
They are Northerners. Don't for once think you have more in common with them, than the Hausa-Fulani do.

No one mistook Ndiigbo for foes. Igalas simply aligned with people with similar regional interests as them, during the war. They are not children for you to leave or pick up, they are a formidable group with a mindset of their own, and a whole lot of idiosyncrasies that come with that mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by Patrioticooduan: 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Ok.

Next!
Listen to your brother pazienza. He happens to be one of the most intelligent ibos on nairaland, though there are few of them.
Leave Yoruba people with their politics. Face your Northern brothers. You guys have been twin brothers since Azikwe's time.
Leave Yoruba people alone!
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by SouthEastFacts: 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
OsuEbonyi:

You are living under a brown roof because your gully land is uninhabitable, barren and unproductive.

Your mofo forebears were still hoping from trees to trees unclad when those buildings were erected..
You just gave the verdict.

Igbos are more progressive than yorubas.

Case closed.

Next!
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by potoX: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

An average Igbo man don't give a shi.t about what happened in SW.

Few Igbos were only interested because it has core Christian population and Fayemi might represent a threat to that.

Yoruba Christians just like the Northern Christians are endangered species and it is unfortunate the former does even realise that.

From a strategic point of view, I have always wanted APC to win Ekiti but my human side doesn't want that.
You are a liar and a sore loser too. Everyone on this forum knows you ibos championed PDP's candidate in the last Ekiti election and you lost. The very same way you will lose again next year. You guys are just pathetic, refusing to accept that you are just nothing but the inconsequential 5%
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by SouthEastFacts: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Listen to your brother pazienza. He happens to be one of the most intelligent ibos on nairaland, though there are few of them.
Leave Yoruba people with their politics. Face your Northern brothers. You guys have been twin brothers since Azikwe's time.
Leave Yoruba people alone!
Ok!

Next!
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by hammer6F: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
pazienza:

Everyone is open for dialogue, even the devil himself.
You should always dialogue with everyone, including the devil, but you must always be brutal with your assessment of your partners interests and yours for only then can you find points of mutual interest to work on.

Igala (In Kogi) is tied to the caliphate via religion. Like the Yorubas, they are divided between Islam and Xtianity.
They are Northerners. Don't for once think you have more in common with them, than the Hausa-Fulani do.

No one mistook Ndiigbo for foes. Igalas simply aligned with people with similar regional interests as them, during the war. They are not children for you to leave or pick up, they are a formidable group with a mindset of their own, and a whole lot of idiosyncrasies that come with that mindset.

Directly above the East, do u mean there is no way to build bridges with the very few directly above the SE/SS, not all of dem? i.e. Igala, Idoma, Tiv and Junkun/Mambila directly above us?

These group are no friends of the caliphate. They are sworn enemies.
Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by pazienza(m): 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2018
hammer6F:

Directly above the East, do u mean there is no way to build bridges with the very few directly above the SE/SS, not all of dem? i.e. Igala, Idoma, Tiv and Junkun/Mambila directly above us?

These group are no friends of the caliphate. They are sworn enemies.

We should be building bridges with everybody, even the devil himself, in areas of mutual interest.

Those groups are no friends to Ndiigbo, anymore than they to the Caliphate.

Don't for once assume they are more inclined to an alliance with you, anymore than they are to the Caliphate.

You can't go about making absolute unfounded statements like saying they are sworn enemies to the caliphate, as that is not true. They simply have areas they disagree.

I'm disappointed that you lots are still applying Ojukwu formula in modern times, despite having the advantage of hindsight Ojukwu never had.
I'm truly disappointed. We should be doing better. We must rise above this emotional ways of doing things. We must be strategic in thinking, lest we repeat past mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Congrat Fayemi: We Can't Cry More Than The Bereaved by hammer6F: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2018
pazienza:

We should be building bridges with everybody, even the devil himself, in areas of mutual interest.

Those groups are no friends to Ndiigbo, anymore than they to the Caliphate.

Don't for once assume they are more inclined to an alliance with you, anymore than they are to the Caliphate.

You can't go about making absolute unfounded statements like saying they are sworn enemies to the caliphate, as that is not true. They simply have areas they disagree.

I'm disappointed that you lots are still applying Ojukwu formula in modern times, despite having the advantage of hindsight Ojukwu never had.
I'm truly disappointed. We should be doing better. We must rise above this emotional ways of doing things. We must be strategic in thinking, lest we repeat past mistakes.

I see your point. Play it safe.

With that said, as it stands today, I am not keen on the entire middlebelt but would like to have some kind of relationship with the ones directly above us and the SS.

We share a border with them, at least for security reasons if nothing else.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Bloody Clash Between Police, Protesters, In Yola / I Pity My brother Tambuwal, He Has Made The Worst Decision Of His Life -Wammakko / Minimum Wage: Gov. Umahi Threatens To Resign?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.