Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence (19564 Views)

David Hundeyin Releases Obafemi Hamzat's USA Naturalization Records / What Portable Did To Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Osun Today (Photo) / EndSARS: White Paper Not Known To Law — Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Ecstasy154(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2021
A group of aggrieved women, who claimed to have lost their loved ones during the October 20, 2020 Lekki Tollgate shootings, stormed the Ikoyi residence of Lagos State Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, in protest over the incident.

The protest followed claim of various inconsistencies identified by Lagos State Government in the report of of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on General Police brutality cases and Lekki incident investigation, led by Justice Doris Okuwobi, in the White Paper released.

The state government had earlier on Tuesday, released its White Paper on the report of Justice Okuwobi panel, rejecting the claim that nine people died at the Lekki Tollgate October 20, 2020.

Meanwhile, to express their grievance, the women group organised the protest led by Adetoun Onajobi, popularly known as Just Adetoun, one of the #EndSARS protesters Sanwo-Olu invited for a peace walk.

The women later dispersed, prevailed on to leave by the aides as the Deputy Governor, who said he was not available at the particular time.

A senior official in the office of the deputy governor, who spoke in confidence, said: “The protest actually took place.

“We were told by the aides at the residence, but the Deputy Governor was not around to receive them as he was at two different state’s assignments in Victoria Island and Ikeja.

The state government had earlier on Tuesday, released its White Paper on the report of Justice Okuwobi panel, rejecting the claim that nine people died at the Lekki Tollgate October 20, 2020.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/endsars-white-paper-bereaved-women-lay-siege-to-lagos-dep-govs-residence/

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by seunmsg(m): 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Meanwhile, to express their grievance, the women group organised the protest led by Adetoun Onajobi, popularly known as Just Adetoun, one of the #EndSARS protesters Sanwo-Olu invited for a peace walk.

Bereaved women protested and only the name of a popular pro-PDP lady who did not lose anyone was mentioned. So, who are these bereaved women? What’s the name of their lost loved ones? Why did they refuse to appear before the panel?

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by DawnStudios(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
Chai
Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Ammishaddai: 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
People were killed and this evil government is hiding it through intimidation and threats . But God who lives forever will surely visit those who are covering this matter with death

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Moferere: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2021
Shebi they asked the families of people who were killed to come forward

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by NewsForYou: 1:51am On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Bereaved women protested and only the name of a popular pro-PDP lady who did not lost anyone was mentioned. So, who are these bereaved women? What’s the name of their lost loved ones? Why did they refuse to appear before the panel?
They were initially scared but now that Sanwo Olu and Buhari are no more in power they finally decide to come out. You should clap for them.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by NewsForYou: 1:54am On Dec 03, 2021
Moferere:
Shebi they asked the families of people who were killed to come forward
I don’t know why they can’t just arrest all of them and have them identify their person. Or at least give a proof that they indeed lost someone that night.
Compensate anyone that lost somebody; pack the rest and lock them up.
Africans I think we are like Asians. Democracy is not good for us.
Ayo wa ti po ju.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by FreeStuffsNG: 2:10am On Dec 03, 2021
Oh oh! Those are the women Dr Olunloyo was referring to in her #419Massacre DjSwitch thread. She said one of the women told her that they were paid N5000 by a politician and activist she will name soon.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by LegendHero(m): 2:15am On Dec 03, 2021
NewsForYou:

They were initially scared but now that Sanwo Olu and Buhari are no more in power they finally decide to come out. You should clap for them.

Lol. I said the same thing on the former thread.

Only God know what suddenly happened that the people that were so damn scared of coming out about their children suddenly summoned courage and went to the government office to protest.

They have turned this thing to comedy.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by blackmantis: 3:28am On Dec 03, 2021
NewsForYou:

I don’t know why they can’t just arrest all of them and have them identify their person. Or at least give a proof that they indeed lost someone that night.
Compensate anyone that lost somebody; pack the rest and lock them up.
Africans I think we are like Asians. Democracy is not good for us.
Ayo wa ti po ju.

grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by nairavsdollars(f): 4:19am On Dec 03, 2021
Why didn't they go to the panel during its sittings?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by waldigit: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Bereaved women protested and only the name of a popular pro-PDP lady who did not lost anyone was mentioned. So, who are these bereaved women? What’s the name of their lost loved ones? Why did they refuse to appear before the panel?
Sebi you were at the panel now. You attended for a whole year since you don't have job. AI is highly needed in Nigeria. I will tell Elon Musk for you.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by yorubarere: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2021
waldigit:

Sebi you were at the panel now. You attended for a whole year since you don't have job. AI is highly needed in Nigeria. I will tell Elon Musk for you.
Lol, why then were they not mentioned in panel report as witness or petitioners? See bro, this lekki lies is turning to comic stuff cheesy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by NewsForYou: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2021
LegendHero:

Only God know what suddenly happened that the people that were so damn scared of coming out about their children suddenly summoned courage and went to the government office to protest.

Do you know if you tell iPob that rain pour every time god cries. Do you know they will believe you?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by NewsForYou: 8:28am On Dec 03, 2021
DJ switch is the cause of all these problems. IPob you need to start looking into the kind of news you swallow. People like me is in doubt as to how critical you can think.
For example. You believe Buhari was dead and you believe there was a massacre. And anybody that has a contrary opinion you insult them.
Are we no more in democracy? Do you know that DJ switch wasn’t granted Asylum like she claimed? Do you know she never went to Canada as she claimed? Do you know everything she said has been confirmed to be false. I hope when she’s picked up you people don’t start shouting witch hunting because it’s only fair that she answer for all the damages she caused all over Nigeria.
Be wise and start making right choices. Also start processing what you believe in. Most people I’ve argued this lekki shootings with all think I’m insane for thinking there was no massacre but I don’t need anyone to spoon feed me with information. If you tell me something. I use my brain and analyze.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by waldigit: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:

Lol, why then were they not mentioned in panel report as witness or petitioners? See bro, this lekki lies is turning to comic stuff cheesy

Take your position on issues based on what you are emprically privy to. Just because some people said no name was mentioned, that is it. That's why I asked the questions. Who was at Lekki? Who was at the panel hearings throughout? Who has gone through the 300 plus pages of the report? Not even Lai Muhammed. I took my position on Lekki based on my personal findings. I have inside source who confirmed it. I was at LASUTh the day victims from Lekki were taken there. I have a relative working there who confirmed what I saw to me. This informed my position. Always develop skills if finding out the truth so that you can be a smarter person.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by yorubarere: 8:59am On Dec 03, 2021
waldigit:

Take your position on issues based on what you are emprically privy to. Just because some people said no name was mentioned, that is it. That's why I asked the questions. Who was at Lekki? Who was at the panel hearings throughout? Who has gone through the 300 plus pages of the report? Not even Lai Muhammed. I took my position on Lekki based on my personal findings. I have inside source who confirmed it. I was at LASUTh the day victims from Lekki were taken there. I have a relative working there who confirmed what I saw to me. This informed my position. Always develop skills if finding out the truth so that you can be a smarter person.
Hearsay as well. cheesy
You guys don't get tired on these lies.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2021
There were a lot of business men and women that are still in agony because of the loss they suffered aftermath of that propaganda.
I doubted it the very first day the news of massacre came out because I've witnessed police brutality in those days in stadium where people always scamper for safety and you will see blood stain on people and the environment will even described the situation to some extent.
There is no doubt that people got wounded due to stampede during running but there was no massacre

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by waldigit: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2021
yorubarere:

Hearsay as well. cheesy
You guys don't get tired on these lies.
Of course you have the truth which you got by the edge of your bed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by omenkaLives(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

The "massacre" just has to be real by force by force.

What I sense in all this is that pdp have all their hopes for 2023 built on #LekkiLies. It is the reason they just cant seem to come to terms with the reality that nothing close to a massacre took place.

I wish the reporter had asked one of the "bereaved women" who lost her loved one at Lekki toll gate to mention the NAME of the loved one she lost. Na there foul nyash for open patapata.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2021
[s]
omenkaLives:
The "massacre" just has to be real by force by force.

What I sense in all this is that pdp have all their hopes for 2023 built on #LekkiLies. It is the reason they just cant seem to come to terms with the reality that nothing close to a massacre took place.

I wish the reporter had asked one of the "bereaved women" who lost her loved one at Lekki toll gate to mention the NAME of the loved one she lost. Na there foul nyash for open patapata.
[/s]
hush

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by omenkaLives(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2021
LegendHero:

The government lost a great opportunity here. They should have called the protesters into a hall, called the press, and asked them to identify/name the loved ones they lost.

That would have put this whole sham to rest.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by bigdammyj: 10:05am On Dec 03, 2021
Noted
Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by psychologist(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2021
Shame on kemi
Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 03, 2021
PDP tactics, so it is now they remember their children? Where is the pictures on the placard?

The people behind this fake lekki agenda made two mistakes

1. They put their plans into the hand of children of hate when they know they are more dumb than a rock and not organised

2. They underestimated the thinking prowess of Yoruba

The Yoruba are now waking up to reality

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Everything is politics to you people
Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by christistruth01: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2021
These Actors need to go and find other Customers

Lagos has had enough of them

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Mvena(f): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2021
Me I no just dey understand this thing again

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2021
Good one
Re: EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence by Unibener: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2021
RIP to the dead but let's stop forcing this fake propaganda
People wey die no reach three.
No evidence anywhere, no names or pictures of the dead.
Our Government should compensate those dead.
In this country we don't value life at all.

All of us no geh sense

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Cabinet: SWAGA Expresses Displeasure Over Exclusion Of Its Members / President Buhari Signs Independence Celebration Register / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.