Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum (39997 Views)

Open Grazing: Stop Crying More Than The Bereaved - Falana Tells FG / Nigerians Blast President Buhari For Saying He Came Into Office In 2005 In Ekiti / Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Racoon(m): 8:57am On Dec 08, 2020
'I cannot cry more than the bereaved' - Nigerians blast Zulum for comments on Borno security

- Zulum's comments about the security situation in Borno has attracted strong criticisms from a large segment of Nigerians on social media

- The governor was quoted to have said the security situation in Borno has improved under the Buhari administration

Borno state governor, Babagana Zulum, on Sunday, December 6 said despite the recent killing of at least 43 rice farmers in the state by the Boko Haram terrorists, the security situation in the state has improved under the Buhari administration.

The governor made the comment in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital when he received northern elders from the Arewa Consultative Forum led by the chairman of the forum’s Board of Trustees, Ambassador Shehu Malami, and the forum’s executive chairman, Audu Ogbeh.

A statement from the Borno state government seen by Legit.ng, quoted the governor as saying:

“The fact is that despite the recent happenings in Borno state, the security situation in Borno state and indeed that of the entire north-east sub-region is still far better under Buhari, and this is based on records.”

The comment of the governor seems to have infuriated a large segment of Nigerians on social media, with many calling the governor a hypocrite over his stance.

Others accuse the Borno governor of playing politics with the security situation in his domain, instead of speaking truth to power.Some others feel the governor is just being careful, so as not to spoil his relationship with the federal government.

Chijiоke Ekwulu wrote on Twitter:

“So Professor Zulum, wants intelligent Nigerians to believe that the security situation in his state is better under Buhari. This will be my last time discussing any security situation in Borno state. I cannot cry more than the bereaved.”

Judith Saleh wrote:

“I am beginning to think, those attacks on Zulum are staged managed to gain popularity.”

Sodiq Tade wrote:

“Masari would cry of insecurity, go back to Katsina to negotiate with bandits, and praise Buhari for being a good leader. Zulum would rush to the incident scene, pose for one or two emotional pictures with the dead bodies, and come back to the Media to hype Buhari. The Template!”

Umar Sa'ad Hassan wrote:

“Zulum is one of the best performing governors in the north. El Rufai too.While it's easy to identify El Rufai's flaws as bigotry and hypocrisy (loyalty to anywhere belle face), Zulum's is a sheepish loyalty to Buhari even at the risk of his own life. Both men aren't desirable leaders.”

Meanwhile, a northern group, Unity in Diversity Forum, on Monday, December 7 challenged indigenes of northern Nigeria to assist the authorities infinding solutions to the mounting insecurity in the region.

The group's advice was contained in a communique it issued and seen by Legit.ng after a round table discussion themed: Survive or Surrender: The Northern Nexus in Abuja.

In a related development, the Democratic Coalition of Nigeria (DCN) on Monday, November 30, alleged that some members of the opposition have continually initiated moves to undermine the sovereignty of Nigeria through the sponsorship of violence across the country.

The group, in a statement seen by Legit.ng said that the wave of violence across the country is the handiwork of those that are hell-bent on truncating democracy in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1390475-gov-zulum-fire-security-situation-buhari-improved-buhari.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Racoon(m): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2020
Sodiq Tade wrote: “Masari would cry of insecurity, go back to Katsina to negotiate with bandits, and praise Buhari for being a good leader. Zulum would rush to the incident scene, pose for one or two emotional pictures with the dead bodies, and come back to the Media to hype Buhari. The Template!”
Governor Zulum simply acted reckless & irresponsible with this utterance.It simply tells how people change when they are in position of leadership.

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:03am On Dec 08, 2020
Pity who pities a fool,
Just as Buhari said Abacha didn't steal a dime, this is the modus oparandi of these Fulani and their allies

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by helinues: 9:04am On Dec 08, 2020
As expected... Same Zulum they once praised

Like Zulum like Umahi like Wike

Pattern dey

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Freestainworld(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2020
They will kill him one day then he will realize his level of stupidity.

36 Likes

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Racoon(m): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2020
“Most men can survive adversity but if you want to test the character of a man, give him power.” -
Abraham Lincoln.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by techmo(m): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2020
cool

That's a fact

4 Likes

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Amotolongbo(f): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2020
The fact is that one can’t be more catholic than the pope.
If the governor of Borno State, Zulum, has said the state is now more peaceful under Buhari, so it is. Let the state be.

But if he now comes out to tell us stories that touch later, “yi o se eriibu o” (he will be unfortunate o)

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Na de code of HausaFulanisKanuri Muslims of the North be dat naa..!
BuhariAPC know what they are doing with terrorism..!
It's working....! It's taking about 75% of all Southern resources of oil money, VAT, taxes, NCC, Customs, and Ports revenues to the HausaFulanisKanuri Muslims North for free to buy peace and stability incurred by some Islamic idiots..!!

The bloodshed and kidnappings are just small collateral damage to pay for jumbo largesse which no business or nation in the world can offer them
Buhari has even upped the game by 'Fulanizing' nearly all of Federal government system....

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by peacekante: 9:09am On Dec 08, 2020
But is the governor lying? I don't understand this backlash from these guys against the governor in his honest appraisal of his state security condition.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by PureMe01: 9:09am On Dec 08, 2020
All those who have been hailing zulum up and down about how different he's from other politicians,you can now see for yourself....all na scam.
Na still dem dem grin

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by jchioma: 9:10am On Dec 08, 2020
Zulum fall im hands by that comment, many of his supporters were aghast by his sheepish coloration of a serious situation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Racoon(m): 9:11am On Dec 08, 2020
jchioma:
Zulum fall im hands by that comment, many of his supporters were aghast by his sheepish coloration of a serious situation.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Gabriel004: 9:15am On Dec 08, 2020
cheesy
Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by adadike(f): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2020
helinues:

Pattern dey
So when he goes wrong, we should not call him to order? Your own ' abobaku ' is second to none.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2020
helinues:

Pattern dey

You only speak because you or any of your family is not amongst the dead.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Fahdiga1: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2020
Zulum fall my hand. He has shown that he shouldn't be trusted. he is like every other politician. Yoruba people are highly disappointed in him

6 Likes

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by abduljabbar4(m): 11:33am On Dec 08, 2020
Racoon:

Governor Zukum simply acted reckless & irresponsible with this utterance.It simply tells how people change when they are in position of leadership.

Bitterness has eaten too much out of you. You guys thought Zulum was against PMB that's why you guys started celebrating him.

The bitter truth is that Boko Haram of 2015-2020 cannot be compared with the Boko Haram of 202-2015 under Jonathan's clueless leadership. Bombings used to occur almost every week and across all the states in northern Nigeria. In fact, there was a time when almost 50 blasts happened in just one day and in one state (kano).

The kidnappings and banditry is where Buhari has failed but I would pick it over what used to happen in the past. Indeed, we do not miss GEJ. Get over it

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by twutin1: 11:38am On Dec 08, 2020
Arrewa people are very bone headed. Nothing enters their brain. Their language is blood. I pity them if Nigeria turns into a meritocracy.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by abduljabbar4(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2020
helinues:

Pattern dey

They think everyone is joining them once they speak against insecurity. They just hate the fact that Boko Haram is not as strong as it was.

Somebody even welcomed me to the "club" yesterday when I criticized Buhari for not doing enough against banditry. Supporting someone doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he does but ipobians don't understand this. If they like someone, they will worship him and support everything he does and if they don't, they would criticize him even if he builds a roof over their homes

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Denique(f): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2020
Once upon a time revered Governor Zulum! shocked
Amotolongbo:
The fact is that one can’t be one catholic than the pope.
If the governor of Borno State, Zulum, has said the state is now more peaceful under Buhari, so it is. Let the state be.

But if he now comes out to tell us stories that touch later, “yi o se eriibu o” (he will be unfortunate o)
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by AroleOduduwa2: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2020
All politicians are the same, their interest comes first. Zulum for me has been playing to the gallery, too many scripted move.

8 Likes

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by yeyeboi(m): 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ok
Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Dominion202: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
The Ediot is praising Bubu in order to gain he attention more.
Major problem abt this politicians is they like comparing.
What does he mean by the security under Buhari is better than

Abeg make people no pity this man again joor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by Lovelies1: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hmmm

Only God knows

1 Like

Re: 'I Cannot Cry More Than The Bereaved' - Nigerians Blast Zulum by kenzysmith: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Zulum is just targeting presidency but I prefare him to tinubu PDP should give him the ticket and power they return

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Buried In Akwa Ibom After The Supreme Court Verdict (Photos) / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari / Sultan: Something Worse Than Boko Haram May Emerge In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.