Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 (58944 Views)

Punch Cartoon About Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 / Ekiti Governorship Election: #FayoseChallenge Goes Viral On Twitter (Photos) / Kayode Fayemi Wears Bullet Proof Vest Under His Buba For Campaign. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by hush15: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2018
gentlegenius:
In 2014, a PDP president, Jonathan was in power. Ekiti was ruled by APC. During the election in Ekiti, Jonathan sent massive military presence to Ekiti. Some APC chieftains were arrested a night before the election. Through this little help from the PDP president, PDP won in Ekiti.
In 2018, the president is APC while PDP is ruling Ekiti. Buhari has paid back fayose in the same coin Jonathan paid the APC in 2014. There was huge military presence in Ekiti, PDP chieftains were arrested a night before this election. Now Fayemi and APC are celebrating their victory, but what next...

The drama hasn't come to an end yet.

...Jonathan was voted out of office in 2015 after helping PDP to win Ekiti in 2014.
In the same way, Buhari will be voted out of office in 2019 after helping APC win Ekiti in 2018.

This will still not be the end of this drama.

... After Jonathan lost in 2015, the APC president that took over, appointed Fayemi who lost in Ekiti in 2014 as minister.
By the time buhari lost next year's election, the PDP president that will take over will certainly appoint Prof Eleka or perhaps Fayose as minister.
This is where the pattern will be completed.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of politics we play in Nigeria.
Sadly, This is where we find ourselves.

Well, am not surprised at the stubbornness of ekiti people. The real loser here is not Fayose or Eleka, its the people since they have allowed Federal might to prevail.

Anybody who understands nigerian politics knows that a governor who just have one tenure to go is not a listener to the people and doesnt really have much to offer. He does just want he wants and try to impose his will on the people and its a bitter pill they have to swallow cos they really cant do anything till 4years after and thats if their opinions are allowed to matter.

Ofcourse, Federal Government might have won the elections for Fayemi, but am more interested in what nigerians cant see from this election. This election will have a big implication on Osun elections, i just hope Davido's uncle is up for it but furthermore is the bigger impact on general elections next year. Nigerians have lost a crucial right to a free and fair election and association that they themselves dont realize. And honestly, moving forward, i wont pity any one because nigerians are the bane of themselves. We allow evil to prevail despite knowing thr implications. I really dont expect anything to change going forward. By letting APC win in ekiti state, we have encouraged and inspired so many things. We have encouraged herdsmen. We have encouraged intimidation and impunity of the presidency and its security apparatus, we have encourage abuse of constituted authorities and so many more because by their upper hand, ekiti just told them they are satisfied with the way they operate. In a few weeks, Fayemi will dissolve all LGA chairmen and APC will take over. I hope Adeyeye is happy though i dont see his gain. He wont be and can never fall in line to be governor again as long as APC is in charge.
Also, i wont forget to hold PDP responsible also.they just allowed another state to fall off their grip. They dont realize the effect on their outcome 2019. Rather than rally behind Fayose and give their best shot, they went to meet Obasanjo that they could speak with later. PDP's chance at the general polls i must admit is getting smaller and smaller and what ever coalition the form would be a huge waste.

You cant help win ekiti state that PDP is strong already. You want to canvass for national.joke of the century. APC controls all of north and southwest, is it the southeast and southsouth that will gather so much vote to oust that?
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by undeniableGrace(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2018
At last now we can rest from all the Drama. Alas, another telemundo is about to commence to indict Fayose and confne him in an apartment in Jail. Any how it goes, it shows that who has the Federal might has the day in any election in Ekiti and sadly the State bequeated as the fountain on knowledge is now market of would be sellers of voters conscience. History has recorded this. What ever they get in the next 4 years will be perfect for them. Good luck to you people of Ekiti State

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Dreadful: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2018
The go get your PVC gang how market? Y'all now ashamed abi?? Hahahahaha.. Una never see rigging. 2019 own go worse pass!! Hohohohohohoho

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2018
gaby:

You are very right my brother. Exactly how not paying workers salary for an upward of 8 months is undemocratic.

Everything get k-leg, an to manage any one wey get one small straight leg out of the two.
grin grin let's be managing one small straight leg until it breaks one day, instead of creating or demanding for two strong straight legs.

And i Agree, Not paying workers for 8 months isn't only undemocratic. it's Fraudulently criminal! it's no different from Armed robbery.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by gaby(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2018
gypsey:
grin grin let's be managing one small straight leg until it breaks one day, instead of creating or demanding for two strong straight legs.

And i Agree, Not paying workers for 8 months isn't only undemocratic. it's Fraudulently criminal! it's no different from Armed robbery.

The matter tire person joor...e no dey let talk finish..
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by idowuh98(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2018
[quote author=hush15 post=69396580]

Well, am not surprised at the stubbornness of ekiti people. The real loser here is not Fayose or Eleka, its the people since they have allowed Federal might to prevail.

Anybody who understands nigerian politics knows that a governor who just have one tenure to go is not a listener to the people and doesnt really have much to offer. He does just want he wants and try to impose his will on the people and its a bitter pill they have to swallow cos they really cant do anything till 4years after and thats if their opinions are allowed to matter.

Ofcourse, Federal Government might have won the elections for Fayemi, but am more interested in what nigerians cant see from this election. This election will have a big implication on Osun elections, i just hope Davido's uncle is up for it but furthermore is the bigger impact on general elections next year. Nigerians have lost a crucial right to a free and fair election and association that they themselves dont realize. And honestly, moving forward, i wont pity any one because nigerians are the bane of themselves. We allow evil to prevail despite knowing thr implications. I really dont expect anything to change going forward. By letting APC win in ekiti state, we have encouraged and inspired so many things. We have encouraged herdsmen. We have encouraged intimidation and impunity of the presidency and its security apparatus, we have encourage abuse of constituted authorities and so many more because by their upper hand, ekiti just told them they are satisfied with the way they operate. In a few weeks, Fayemi will dissolve all LGA chairmen and APC will take over. I hope Adeyeye is happy though i dont
Are you the one that will send the invitation to the herdsmen. The people have spoken. I don't know why you guys like crying more than the bereaved
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by BluntBoy(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Una don rig now. You don dey happy undecided people's vote did not count in Ekiti
Impunity of the highest order
No wahala! Congratulations on your highest form of rigging so far!
Nigerians are watching
History never forgets
If you need a shoulder to cry on, I am here grin
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by ollah2: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2018
Firefire:

Good you are aware a particular 'method' was used by APC?

Where is the CHANGE and the promised 'FREE & FAIR' Election?

I repeat, Goodbye to democracy in Nigeria.

You people in the country should enjoy your CHAIN-GE. grin

Dont cry too much. I'm well aware you are angry PDP lost, I'm also aware you have been rejecting your breakfast since you read the news but sorry ehnn.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by ejimatic: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2018
The Ekiti people have with these results shown that they are educated and cannot be tossed around like grasses in the wind. Four years ago they went back to Egypt but today they are out of Egypt on the way to the promised land. Thanks to Ekiti people for collecting Eleka Olusola and Fayemi 's money and still voted according to their preferences and consciences. The money you all collected is our money. Spend it as you like. It is glarring that Fayose and his tatalong Eleka have lost the goodwill of people who are yet to see communal development they desire and effects of good governance on the masses. Ekiti with people cannot be deceived with stomach infrastructure again. Fayemi the governor elect should use his good intention to put smiles on Ekiti people. To whom much is given much is expected. I rejoice with the winner and sympathise with the loser. Thank you Ekiti .Thank you all the masses in the state. Thank you all the civil servants. Thank you all the youths and students. You are welcome to the promised land flowing with honey and milk.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Sleekfingers: 10:41am On Jul 15, 2018
Awon olori pelebe. Wailing wailers no go let person rest now. Pmb for life. Hahaha
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by SenorFax(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2018
Kutis2030:
am still waiting for fayose to come and say something.
Yeah he is, and he's coming with solid evidence.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Sleekfingers: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2018
Fayose that was castrated. His balls is in fayemi egusi soup. Hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by zionmde: 10:54am On Jul 15, 2018
EternalTruths:

There is a relationship between salaries and trade.

A salary disbursement of 1Billion Naira monthly is enough to get petty traders out of poverty.

That is the secret of APGA in Anambra.
APGA not APC
APC can never rule anambra and abia no matter Wat
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Jointhemiltons2(m): 10:56am On Jul 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:
Ayodele fayose the president general of NDIGBO worldwide have been defeated with his candidate, congrats to Ekiti people for breaking the shackles. Welcome to infrastructural development, bye bye to stomach infrastructure. Fayose is flying out tonight, asylum loading........

And I hope you won’t be among people who will come here to cry when your Fayemi isn’t performing
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by MrBONE2(m): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2018
yipata:
OYA IPOB GOATS AND APOSTLE SULE CHILDREN PLS DON'T CRY TOO MUCH. GOD IS IN CHARGE.. LOL. GOD HAS SHOWN YOU GUYS THAT BUHARI IS TILL 2023.

Yea BaBu Till 2123 grin
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Jointhemiltons2(m): 10:59am On Jul 15, 2018
hisgrace090:
Ekiti people have spoken!

May it be well with them.
Amen and may they wail and cry alone and not disturb our ears when their Messiah isn’t performing because I don’t see any reason to vote in someone who has failed before
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Keegan: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2018
Why are you wailing so loudly? Why can't you just end it if you can't cope with life again?

Many of you are great hypocrites. Were you not in the country late in 2014 when GEJ turned to Father Christmas distributing hard currencies in the South West?

Ekiti people had decided what they want, you should go to hell. Shikena

hush15:

Ofcourse, Federal Government might have won the elections for Fayemi, but am more interested in what nigerians cant see from this election. This election will have a big implication on Osun elections, i just hope Davido's uncle is up for it but furthermore is the bigger impact on general elections next year. Nigerians have lost a crucial right to a free and fair election and association that they themselves dont realize. And honestly, moving forward, i wont pity any one because nigerians are the bane of themselves. We allow evil to prevail despite knowing thr implications. I really dont expect anything to change going forward. By letting APC win in ekiti state, we have encouraged and inspired so many things. We have encouraged herdsmen. We have encouraged intimidation and impunity of the presidency and its security apparatus, we have encourage abuse of constituted authorities and so many more because by their upper hand, ekiti just told them they are satisfied with the way they operate. In a few weeks, Fayemi will dissolve all LGA chairmen and APC will take over. I hope Adeyeye is happy though i dont see his gain. He wont be and can never fall in line to be governor again as long as APC is in charge.
Also, i wont forget to hold PDP responsible also.they just allowed another state to fall off their grip. They dont realize the effect on their outcome 2019. Rather than rally behind Fayose and give their best shot, they went to meet Obasanjo that they could speak with later. PDP's chance at the general polls i must admit is getting smaller and smaller and what ever coalition the form would be a huge waste.

You cant help win ekiti state that PDP is strong already. You want to canvass for national.joke of the century. APC controls all of north and southwest, is it the southeast and southsouth that will gather so much vote to oust that?

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Jointhemiltons2(m): 11:04am On Jul 15, 2018
EternalTruths:

It wasn't rigged.

One rule in politics if you seek to defeat Federal Might, pay all civil servants their salaries and give them bonuses.

Just like Okezie in Abia State under a free and fair election, he will lose since he has vowed never to pay salaries.

If APC induced the people with #20,000 - #50,000 per voter against Okezie the Governor of Abia state, Okezie will lose.
Alaye close your mouth and stop dragging Abia State into your explanations. Abians aren’t as dumb as Imolites biko. How many months was TA Orji owing before he left? Like it’s easy to pay up previous debts. Are you blind or does the fact that you easily get to Ariaria, PH rd or Ngwa rd not make you happy?
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by gentlegenius(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2018
bakila:

Good analysis. You will at least use it to console yourself.
Console myself?
Weting concern me??
I am not from Ekiti. Though, I've lived there for one year, I am happy that I didn't come from such a state. The people are too ignorant that is why they keep recycling a few old cargos in power thinking they are playing politics. They are the ones that will soon need consolation after fayemi is sworn in.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by KcAngel(m): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2018
INEC IS BUHARI.... BUHARI IS INEC...
DON'T EXPECT UR VOTE TO COUNT IN NIGERIA!!!....
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by gentlegenius(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2018
PHILipu1:

Mr man,there is a big difference between Buhari and Jonathan ok.

Buhari has that standby millions of votes from his die hard supporters up there in the north no matter which party he belongs to and you can check your facts since he has been contesting and this is what Jonathan or anybody that will contest against Buhari in 2019 do not have.
And with southwest in Tinubu pocket,i'm don't see anything that will make Buhari not to win in 2019 because the combination of the north and southwest will always out do what the other remaining zones will put forward
So,don't expect 2019 to work like 2015 ok.
So you think buhari is the only person that is popular in the north?
Wait until PDP nominate their presidential candidate before you start saying all these.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by EternalTruths: 11:22am On Jul 15, 2018
Jointhemiltons2:

Alaye close your mouth and stop dragging Abia State into your explanations. Abians aren’t as dumb as Imolites biko. How many months was TA Orji owing before he left? Like it’s easy to pay up previous debts. Are you blind or does the fact that you easily get to Ariaria, PH rd or Ngwa rd not make you happy?

Let there be free and fair election if you think Okezie will win.

Even his fellow Ngwa people are plotting to dethrone him.

Dey sell Okpa for under bridge.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by PHILipu1(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2018
gentlegenius:

Wait until PDP nominate their presidential candidate before you start saying all these.
I am from the south but i have stayed in the north for years.

Put all the northern politicians on a single ticket and i can tell you that Buhari shadow will defeat them and that is the gospel truth.

No northern candidate will stand any chance against Buhari in the north in a free and fair election.

Forget all the rigging that was going on in previous elections before the introduction of card readers in 2015.

Buharism is a religion on it's own up here in the north.

The common northerners will tag anybody that want to contest against Buhari in the north as an enemy.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Jointhemiltons2(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2018
EternalTruths:

Let there be free and fair election if you think Okezie will win.

Even his fellow Ngwa people are plotting to dethrone him.

Dey sell Okpa for under bridge.
Dethrone bawo. Next year he’ll still win so no argument. Most Ngwa people are just naturally lazy and prefer handouts than working.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by Adesolomon2014(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2018
Pls where is that deluded nigga called 'activistjohnny'?
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by PHILipu1(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2018
gentlegenius:

Put all the northern politicians on a single ticket and i can tell you that Buhari shadow will defeat them and that is the gospel truth.

No northern candidate will stand any chance against Buhari in the north in a free and fair election.

Forget all the rigging that was going on in previous elections before the introduction of card readers in 2015.

The common northerners will tag anybody that want to contest against Buhari in the north as an enemy.

The man already won their hearts when he was commandant and military governor in some of this northern states and when he was also PTF chairman.

You don't come up north and talk bad about their mai gaskiyia,they may skin you alive.

Just watch as most senators and house of reps members from the north that are against Buhari will not come back in 2019
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by EternalTruths: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2018
Jointhemiltons2:

Dethrone bawo. Next year he’ll still win so no argument. Most Ngwa people are just naturally lazy and prefer handouts than working.

Ngwas and laziness are directly opposite each other.

You don't know the Ngwas.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by dalongjnr: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2018
Righteousness89:
The Elections have Come and Gone...

A Candidate has being Declared....

But What does Coming Elections hold with this kind of Elections....

30,000 Policemen will not be deployed because Elections will be going on concurrently!!

With What was displayed in Ekiti state, Our Elections might be a Blood bath......

President Buhari has set a very bad template for Elections in Nigeria......

Nigeria needs the Hand of GOD much more than Ever ...

Many are Laughing at Gov. FAYOSE, but if a sitting Governor can be Molested the manner he was, then what befalls the Citizens...

My Advice: Everyone should Get closest to GOD ALMIGHTY, submit totally to HIM, surrender to HIM... That's the only way to Safety now!
As if u care!
which President setting a bad temple? maybe, Goodluck sets it. the militarization of election started during his tenure in ekiti state governorship election 2014, hope u remember! he used military instead of police.
you are talking about bloodbath, hope it's your blood u are talking about because, Edo, ondo and other elections conducted by the present regime, lack your assertion.
Fayose is a comedian, all things he acted is to gain sympathy from the electorates but unfortunately, the elixir didn't work. By the way, what make fayose more important than you and I,that when he misbehaved then he can be checkmate by the authority? the last time I checked, the privileges been enjoyed by him was given to him by the electorates,so don't make him look like your demigod! Shalom.
Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by EternalTruths: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2018
PHILipu1:

The man already won their hearts when he was commandant and military governor in some of this northern states and when he was also PTF chairman.

You don't come up north and talk bad about their mai gaskiyia,they may skin you alive.

Just watch as most senators and house of reps members from the north that are against Buhari will not come back in 2019

What you said is true.

When you touch lives, people don't forget too soon.

Although Buhari is a Terrorist but he has done things to win godlike hero worship amongst his people.

Only Kwankwaso can unsettle him a little bit.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Governorship Election 2018 by fortune1968: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2018
Ipob has lost finally .Many of them may commit suicide .Sai baba !

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Sokoto Chief Imam, Dr. Sheikh Mansour Has Called For The Release Of Murderers / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To National Grid Collapse, Sowore replies / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Buhari's Accident. Calls Buhari 'Pharaoh'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.