Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! (708 Views)

Bonfrere Jo Says He Is The ‘right Man’ To Coach Nigeria Eagles / Super Eagles Were Impressive / Amodu Eagles Were Predictable – Osaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by just007: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2010
Dear All,

I stronly believe the Eagles were outstanding.They didn't disappoint Nigerians, really they are Super Eagles';not the Super Chickens!!!

They entertained me.I enjoyed myself and every minute of the game.

All the players tried.But Lars lagerback needs to work on Etuhu (he's the least performed player).Enyeama, Etuhu, Sani Kaita, Yakubu, Taiye Taiwo,Haruna Lukman were outstanding. Yobo & Shittu enjoyed a good partnership today.

I leave the rest to you to make your contributions.

Expecting your replies.
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by chidichris(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2010
commitment among the players was excellent.
we saw our coach show his uncomfortable situation as soon as we went down and he showed up by the picth side instead of hiding behind the bars and peeping like a criminal.
if anyone looses to the argentine star studded side by 1-0, that one will never complain.
despite loosing, i am begining to have feelings for nigerian football again.
for haruna, he was great and will be better in the coming games as he gets used to big stages.
i saw a fan who wrote, MIKEL WE MISS U. i missed him with those long passes which we did not see today especially with the introduction of martins who runs to the long balls.
all the same, great game over-all.
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by cold(m): 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2010
^^^ of course you must miss Mikel,it's only natural innit grin
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by tayoast(m): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2010
sad sad
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
chidichris:

commitment among the players was excellent.
You call the lackadaisical and lazy way the players marked and ran about the field without any sense of urgency commitment? undecided Did you by any chance watch the USA vs England game or Uruguay vs France?

chidichris:

we saw our coach show his uncomfortable situation as soon as we went down and he showed up by the picth side instead of hiding behind the bars and peeping like a criminal.
And what was the result of this? We played better and equalized shey? Nonsense!!!

chidichris:

if anyone looses to the argentine star studded side by 1-0, that one will never complain.
despite loosing, i am begining to have feelings for nigerian football again.
Crap! What exactly did we employ Lagerback for? To reduce the margins of our losses or what? It's not losing that's painful but the way we lost (without battling and fighting) We made it too easy for Argentina. . .Scoreline could have easily read 5 nil if not for Enyeama.

chidichris:

for haruna, he was great and will be better in the coming games as he gets used to big stages.
He was OK but definitely not great

chidichris:

i saw a fan who wrote, MIKEL WE MISS U. i missed him with those long passes which we did not see today especially with the introduction of martins who runs to the long balls.
I was the one who posted that comment. . . .I'm not a fan like you but his presence in midfield with Haruna would have given our team more traction going forward and would've eased the pressure on our defense. WE definitely needed someone like Mikel in today's game.

chidichris:

all the same, great game over-all.
Great game for Argentina. .  .Bad game for Nigeria
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by tayoast(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
Semid kip quiet!!!!! tongue
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by medjai(m): 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2010
our performance was apathetic and pathetic. It was nothing to write home about. They lacked purpose. No team in the world not even New Zealand would allow Argentina all that time and space. We had the ball once every 5 minutes. We launched an attack once every 10 minutes and that is what you call a superlative performance.
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2010
tayo_ast:

Semid kip quiet!!!!! tongue
Se ori e ti ya were ni? undecided
Re: Argentina - Nigeria:eagles' Were Really Super Eagles;they Ain't Super Chickens! by tayoast(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Se ori e ti ya were ni? undecided

i'll gladly tish u yorube.

Semid, se ori e pe sha??

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Take Action Over Kaita Death Threats / Super Eagles Job: Siasia Wants N15m Monthly & Us$1m Etc / Eagles Shine In Europe !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.