Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) (37084 Views)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Originalsly: 9:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Hmmm....some people are really sick..... these that will rush to a scene to snap pictures of the dead or badly injured to post online.... story doesn't matter.....and the moderators see nothing wrong about it. ... all.animals in human flesh.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by wink2015(m): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2018
OBASANJO WASTED THEIR MONEY BUILDING PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY DURING HIS PRESIDENCY AT ASO ROCK.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by engrvick2: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2018
ola you're fraudster...guys pls don't fall for that hi is cheap and stupid trick. it's a scam
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Deltatoto: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2018
majella4:
A terrible flood in Abeokuta has destroyed buildings and killed many.According to a Facebook user who shared the story,people are still looking for their loved ones

Source: http://usascholarshipfree..com/2018/07/heavy-rainfall-in-abeokuta-kills.html
it will not be well with Yusuf Buhari
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by uju22(f): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2018
This is so so sad, all this would have been.averted if only there is a good drainage in all this area.May the soul's of the lost one RIP
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by phreakabitoo: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2018
R.I.P to the deceased.
Things have been really really bad since Buhari's emergence.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:44am On Jul 16, 2018
What a shame... Less than half of the billions spent on campaigning and looting would have prevented this inevitable, and long-foreseen waste of lives... Gov. Okowa of Delta state has taken huge steps to prevent a recurrence of the flooding of last year, while the big fool in the industrial hub of the West paid deaf ears. Am officially done with this country.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2018
9japrof:
Nigeria one of the worse places on earth to live, ordinary rain caused this damage, what if we lived in zones where hurricanes, volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes hit us, how would we have faired.

I dont blame people who desperately escape this sheet hole.

A proper drainage system could have averted this crisis, a well organised town planning unit could have ensured best standards were followed to ensure houses are built to standard.

I weep for Nigeria

The best drainage in the world can't avert this one. Just look the volume of water
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2018
what the fu......k! very sad and unfortunate.

Anyway this might reduce their populations, they were living in poverty Anyway.

I wonder were their usless God were when this was happening
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by bukolabeauty09(f): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2018
The rain was not much, besides that was not the first rain or heaviest rain this year.
From RUMOR circulating round the town it was said the Ogun Dam was left open which led to the heavy flood that occurred on Friday....same thing happened last year July 22.....may God keep us save.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by newbie2018: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2018
this is as a result of the poor mainteanance culture of Nigerians (RIP to the dead) but Yorubas are generally dirty and must have blocked every drainage with refuse...

...thwn where does the flood go, nowhere but in their homes.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 16, 2018
Administration1:
Climate change... when we were young, we used to dance, run, and play in the rain, but now, small rain dey cause death...God do come abeg
this is nothing to do with climate change, these areas has no proper gullies or drainages and people dump refuse on the flood ways, Sewages running through every houses openly,

it is their own fault, God doesn't exist. if he is. were was he when this was happening.

What they need to do is fix their environment build good sewages and gullies, Educate them to stop blocking flood ways with refuse. simple!!

Anyway this will reduce their Ignorant populations.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by bukolabeauty09(f): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:

Is this suppose to be a Thanksgiving speech..... At least you are part of Nigeria's population.....as you wish for ur fellow neighbor may that also befall you.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by newbie2018: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2018
kaluxy007:

The best drainage in the world can't avert this one. Just look the volume of water

if the flood came in once as a gush then yes no drainage can avert this but rainfall then yes the drains can do the job but of the drains are blocked then sorry... water will sit
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Omoikarekimire(m): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2018
Oh my God!The flood killed some kids.Lord have mercy on them.RIP to the dead.

But this death is preventable.There should have been something like early warning system.Oh my Nigeria Nigeria.I wonder on the slothlessness of our Government.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by blazer2018: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2018
galadima77:
rip to d deceased, quite sad and unfortunate.... but Baba Iyabo should have made greater drainages as IBB did for us in Minna... Some things are preventable!

Obasanjo did nothing, absolutely nothing, no single project to show for his 8 years in power in his city, not one...Reason he's a political lightweight in local politics in d State...The only thing he brought was d dualisation of Abeokuta- Lagos express way...My brother u need to see d massive drainages constructed by d present day govt...but d ignorance and sheer wickedness and stupidity of our people is massive...you need to see how people dump refuse in them with reckless abandon...some people even see raining days as gift 4rm God 4 them to dump their refuse in d flowing waters...it's saddening.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by ijabiken1(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2018
So painful, and that there musu governor is with fayemi when is state in shambles
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2018
bukolabeauty09:

Is this suppose to be a Thanksgiving speech..... At least you are part of Nigeria's population.....as you wish for ur fellow neighbor may that also befall you.
Rubbish! you wouldn't find me in this kinda crap areas, grin these Ignoramuses block flood ways with refuse and build illegal shanties along flood ways. The problem with fools like you is you keep lamenting and making all kinda derogatory remarks when someone tells the truth. instead of fixing the problem.

It is their own fault,
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:

I wonder were their usless God were when this was happening
Don’t be so insensitive wealth won’t guarantee a glorious end
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
Don’t be so insensitive wealth won’t guarantee a glorious end
Is this supposed to make sense?
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
Is this supposed to make sense?
education is a blessing isn’t it ? means even with all the money in the world someone can still fall into a pothole and kpai their poverty had nothing to do with their death they were unfortunate....

Please I’m not saying you will die o it’s just an irony of life instagram is for the world heaven is where the real thing happens

Never judge the dead you too will be judged one day
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by blazer2018: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2018
9japrof:
Nigeria one of the worse places on earth to live, ordinary rain caused this damage, what if we lived in zones where hurricanes, volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes hit us, how would we have faired.

I dont blame people who desperately escape this sheet hole.

A proper drainage system could have averted this crisis, a well organised town planning unit could have ensured best standards were followed to ensure houses are built to standard.

I weep for Nigeria

In as much as we we are lacking behind in so many things in Nigeria doesn't mean such occurrence are limited to us...Japan lost over 200 lives to flood last week...even USA gets hits by wild fires that spreads miles...so many times they have bn hit by massive floods that led to lost of lives and property...It's a global phenomenon bro...Global warming

They town planning from day one has bn lacking but there massive drainages around those places...but d constant dumping of refuse is the order of d day...despite the provision for refuse disposal.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
education is a blessing isn’t it ? means even with all the money in the world you can still fall into a pothole and kpai their poverty had nothing to do with their death they were unfortunate....

Okay, if you say so. from the pictures i saw here all of them looks poor, Rich folks do not live in these shanty ghettos, If you explain what Kpai means perhaps i would be able to respond on that. otherwise Ciao!!
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
education is a blessing isn’t it ? means even with all the money in the world someone can still fall into a pothole and kpai their poverty had nothing to do with their death they were unfortunate....

Please I’m not saying you will die o it’s just an irony of life instagram is for the world heaven is where the real thing happens

Even if you say i will die, No problem. it's not upto you who dies, people have wished i die Millions of times but i am still here!

so when people dies they become saints suddenly?.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Odo Ogun to binuu!
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
Even if you say i will die, No problem. it's not upto you who dies, people have wished i die Millions of times but i am still here!

so when people dies they become saints suddenly?.
I would never wish you death and you know that.

No not everyone is a saint but those who are know where they are heading and most get premonitions in 1996, 2007, 2012 and 2013 people close to me said their goodbyes at the time I didn’t realize and smiled but what they all had in common was the word “Thank You” or “ Take care of .....”
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2018
Rest in Peace to the dead. I mean we really have to send that terrorist out of Aso Ville. He's cursed, he's a cancer and a plague. We need to cut it off and send it back to daura or wherever it came from.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I would never wish you death and you know that.

No not everyone is a saint but those who are know where they are heading and most get premonitions
I am glad you wouldn't wish me death.

Is there a way to determine those who knows were they are heading or will heading?
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by lakesider(m): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2018
Handsomebeing:
Amusu busy celebrating Ekiti election victory. This just shows failure on the part of our leaders.

Very sad pictures of dead kids. Hmmm

i can see you are very very pained ,,, sorry man
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by meedx: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2018
Primusinterpares:
some people will start saying it's because of APC victory at the ekiti governorship election...

but on a more serious note, proper drainage system should be constructed...

winter is coming...
Even the ones constructed, have we not blocked them with trash. we all need to have a responsible behaviour.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by proffgg: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2018
It's really sad to see this disaster caused by flood . May their souls rest in peace. Please the relevant authorities should act fast and work on drainage systems to stop a reoccurring disaster .
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by chidiogo123(f): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2018
Jrevelation:
God is with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Warns Public Against Using Lagos Airport Road Flyover / Heavy Rainfall In Ilorin Leaves Buildings, Cars Damaged / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.