Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) (37081 Views)

Lady Dies In A Fatal Accident In Suleja. Do You Know Her? (Disturbing Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Heavy Flood Sweeps Away 12-Year-old Girl In Delta (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by akinszz: 11:27am On Jul 16, 2018
Akanapiaigwe:
that's advantages of village this can't happen in a village with trees and shrubs it's time we encourage afforestation cry
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Damseldammie(f): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2018
This is so pathetic. May the bereaved families be consoled.... Eni báà l'ómò ( only those who were affected knows)
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by akinszz: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2018
TOPCRUISE:

which climate change. This is is what happens when we block drainage channels due to our activities. The forest in Abeokuta were not flooded so if you dance and run there flood will not meet you there
this has nothing to do with drainage... it's called climate change... it happen everywhere in d world from 1st world country to 10th world country... there is nothing we can do about it unless we stop tampering with nature... did u see the volume of water
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
I am glad you wouldn't wish me death.

Is there a way to determine those who knows were they are heading or will heading?
No but I would pay attentions to the signs when you do see them God loves those who love him not just on Sundays
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Primusinterpares(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2018
meedx:

Even the ones constructed, have we not blocked them with trash. we all need to have a responsible behaviour.
Everyone's guilty in this country jare
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by puretayo(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2018
That's one thing I love abt the northerners.
galadima77:
rip to d deceased, quite sad and unfortunate.... but Baba Iyabo should have made greater drainages as IBB did for us in Minna... Some things are preventable!
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by 9japrof(m): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
blazer2018:

In as much as we we are lacking behind in so many things in Nigeria doesn't mean such occurrence are limited to us...Japan lost over 200 lives to flood last week...even USA gets hits by wild fires that spreads miles...so many times they have bn hit by massive floods that led to lost of lives and property...It's a global phenomenon bro...Global warming

They town planning from day one has bn lacking but there massive drainages around those places...but d constant dumping of refuse is the order of d day...despite the provision for refuse disposal.

Thanks for mentioning the countries you quoted, can the magnitude of natural disasters that happen in those countries be contained here?

Tsunami struck Japan some years back that even affected their nuclear plant, did you watch the events on CNN, can such response be done in Nigeria?

Wild fires happen in America well, lives are lost, properties destroyed, but does it change the fact that the government quick response save a lot of lives and the rebuilding program are usually top notch
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by hustla(m): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
Tunagee:

Sebi dem say Ogun state governor dey develop Abeokuta, and that's the reason he neglected places like mowe and environs. Dem never start.

Mehn we would be saying another thing if those roads weren't developed

Thats what even reduced the effect of that rain
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by santricedupas(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
I be dey plan go buy land and build house for abeokuta oooo, make I sharpaly go buy my land for akure
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
No but I would pay attentions to the signs when you do see them God loves those who love him not just on Sundays
honestly, I don't undestand all this you have written Above.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by seye2(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
May God help us
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by blazer2018: 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
9japrof:

Thanks for mentioning the countries you quoted, can the magnitude of natural disasters that happen in those countries be contained here?

Tsunami struck Japan some years back that even affected their nuclear plant, did you watch the events on CNN, can such response be done in Nigeria?

Wild fires happen in America well, lives are lost, properties destroyed, but does it change the fact that the government quick response save a lot of lives and the rebuilding program are usually top notch

Well u are so correct...we are always reactive in Nigeria instead of bn preemptive.

On a lighter note, I think God knew what we can and can't handle as a continent, hence, He created far away from d fault lines...far away from natural disaster beyond our capabilities.... grin

Rebuilding program you say...even if monies are budgeted for it in Nigeria, more than half would have bn stolen stashed away in foreign countries...Where are our Ecology Funds? all gone. grin
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
honestly, I don't undestand all this you have written Above.
I left out the comma before not just on sundays it means we are judged for everyday of our life...are you a teenager? May confusion not be your portion
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by mfm04622: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
Pavore9:
Really sad. Poor drainage system and dumping of waste into the ones that are available.

That was not the issue here. The problem is building house near river, even on parts they know get flooded maybe once in five years. Also, Some rains, no matter the drainage will overwhelm the drainage system.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I left out the comma before not just on sundays it means we are judged for everyday of our life...are you a teenager? May confusion not be your portion
I am not a teenager but you appear to be speaking in the Different language, i am even more confused than i was.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2018
newbie2018:

if the flood came in once as a gush then yes no drainage can avert this but rainfall then yes the drains can do the job but of the drains are blocked then sorry... water will sit
In this case it poured heavily judging from the large area the water covered
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
I am not a teenager but you appear to be speaking in the Different language, i am even more confused than i was.
whats hard to understand in God gives signs all I was trying to say is watch what you say
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
solasoulmusic:
whats hard to understand in God gives signs all I was trying to say is watch what you say
but i don't believe in God, i don't think God exists.
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by galadima77(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
JUSTICETHEO:

When it floods in the SS or SE you blame it on poor infrastructure and bad governance but when it happens in the SW it is climate change.

Nice one
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by olamitie: 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
embarassed embarassed sad embarassed
Re: Heavy Flood In Abeokuta Kills Children, Destroys Buildings (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
gypsey:
but i don't believe in God, i don't think God exists.
Ok still pay attention to the signs that he does have a great evening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Warns Public Against Using Lagos Airport Road Flyover / Heavy Rainfall In Ilorin Leaves Buildings, Cars Damaged / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.