Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business (2211 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Is Snake Farming A Profitable Business? / Okro Farming – A Surefire Way To Make N1 Million Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Chatandlearn: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2018
Snail farming business is a very lucrative business that can fetch you real cash. Someone who starts with 50 African giant snails, and each of those snail laying as much as 150 eggs that's 7 500 snails in within a couple of months. Sell each snail for #400 you get #3,000,000. Simple.
Snails are highly resistant to diseases and so has very low mortality. Snail meat is in high demand both in Nigeria and beyond. It doesn't require so much attention like other livestock. Easy to setup cheap to run.

A snail farming online class will hold on the 26th and 27th of this month. It's an opportunity you shouldn't miss.
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by overdrive(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2018
Following!!!
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by cue64: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2018
Present sir
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Yekeenbola(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2018
Pls can you give me your number??

Mine is 07037375730

Thanks

Chatandlearn embarassed embarassedpost=69423464:
Snail farming business is a very lucrative business that can fetch you real cash. Someone who starts with 50 African giant snails, and each of those snail laying as much as 150 eggs that's 7 500 snails in within a couple of months. Sell each snail for #400 you get #3,000,000. Simple.
Snails are highly resistant to diseases and so has very low mortality. Snail meat is in high demand both in Nigeria and beyond. It doesn't require so much attention like other livestock. Easy to setup cheap to run.

A snail farming online class will hold on the 26th and 27th of this month. It's an opportunity you shouldn't miss.

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
here !!
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by MENZPRIDE(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
I am interested and would like to join. Where and how do I link up?
Thanks.
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Baroba(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
Chatandlearn:

No one achieves 100% hatchability of snail eggs, and only the Archachatina Archachatina lay about 200 eggs a year, and you will be lucky to hatch 40%..

The real deal is WesternArchachatina Marginata, the largest of giant African land snails, the lay three clutches or 8-12 per year..

Snail farming is good but with poor management and lack of care, it can be disastrous.. Snails die, don't listen to someone who tell you they don't.. make Una shine Una eye. Do your research..

2 Likes

Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Chatandlearn: 12:45am On Jul 24, 2018
26th and 27th is the Date
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Chatandlearn: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2018
Baroba:

No one achieves 100% hatchability of snail eggs, and only the Archachatina Archachatina lay about 200 eggs a year, and you will be lucky to hatch 40%..

The real deal is WesternArchachatina Marginata, the largest of giant African land snails, the lay three clutches or 8-12 per year..

Snail farming is good but with poor management and lack of care, it can be disastrous.. Snails die, don't listen to someone who tell you they don't.. make Una shine Una eye. Do your research..

All forms of animal husbandry requires proper management. But one of the several advantages of snail farming unlike poultry and the likes is that it doesn't require your attention all the time. When you do the needful you get results.
African Giant snails are very resistant (all 3 species AM, AA, & AF). Their mortality rates are very minimal and so can give the farmer optimal yield
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 25, 2018
Hmmm!

I have asked someone in another thread these questions, and I do not mind asking here again.

If I want to sell 500 snails every month 1.5 years after set up,
1. what kind of breed(s) should I start with?
2. how many should I start with?
3. how should the set up look like?
4. where should I look for proper marketing? I mean, who are the kind of people who buy snails?

I do not eat it. And it makes me feel somehow how they are so slow. grin
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Chatandlearn: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
fluentinfor:
Hmmm!

I have asked someone in another thread these questions, and I do not mind asking here again.

4. where should I look for proper marketing? I mean, who are the kind of people who buy snails?

Can I pls redirect you to the first post on this thread.
Join the class and all your questions will be answered.
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Baroba(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
fluentinfor:
Hmmm!

Best breed, the largest known to man, Archachatina Marginata ( the big boy of snails) a fully grown AM can weigh as much as 500grams, you can find them in areas with rain forest..They only lay 8 to 15 clutches three times a year, one of the disadvantages...The western Marginata ( from Benin up to Yoruba land) Marginata is bigger than the ones you find in the East or south south. These breeds are highly sorted after by restaurants and individuals, they are the best for commercial breeding.. If volume is your interest, then go for the Archachatina Archachatina; doesn't get as big as AM but can lay up to 200 eggs a year..

Start with 100 and then grow, it could be daunting for a first timer if you go in big, forget what you hear, snail farming needs care and attention just like any livestock; adhering to the basics with good management should yield good results..

The set up: there different system of cages and pens; hutch boxes, concrete pens, I have even seen one constructed out of a bath tub; anything you can secure with mesh and mosquito nets can be used as a pen, let your imagination run wild.

Restaurants, joints, hoteliers and of course individuals are your likely buyers, but you have to do your research.. If you can export to the East or UK you will make a killing, Igbos love snails ( aka Congo meat) but we don't have enough or the ones here are tiny. Most of the breeders I know buy from Lagos, Ogun, Benin and co..

Take advantage of the training this guy is offering, it always comes in handy, but be aware it's not a get rich quick scheme, our slow friends need time and patience.. With everything I mentioned put in place, one can make decent money in snail farming.. I have a good pdf on snail farming I got from agrodoc, I can share it with you free. But I still advice you to go for training.. Checkout Kester Amos YouTube page he is an animal scientist, he seems to know what he is saying.. Snail farming, just like Grasscutter remains a niche area in livestock farming, and a lot of research and study is still needed in rearing them in captivity.. Too many trial and error so far..Good luck

1 Like

Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Baroba:

Best breed, the largest known to man, Archachatina Marginata ( the big boy of snails) a fully grown AM can weigh as much as 500grams, you can find them in areas with rain forest..They only lay 8 to 15 clutches three times a year, one of the disadvantages...The western Marginata ( from Benin up to Yoruba land) Marginata is bigger than the ones you find in the East or south south. These breeds are highly sorted after by restaurants and individuals, they are the best for commercial breeding.. If volume is your interest, then go for the Archachatina Archachatina; doesn't get as big as AM but can lay up to 200 eggs a year..

Start with 100 and then grow, it could be daunting for a first timer if you go in big, forget what you hear, snail farming needs care and attention just like any livestock; adhering to the basics with good management should yield good results..

The set up: there different system of cages and pens; hutch boxes, concrete pens, I have even seen one constructed out of a bath tub; anything you can secure with mesh and mosquito nets can be used as a pen, let your imagination run wild.

Restaurants, joints, hoteliers and of course individuals are your likely buyers, but you have to do your research.. If you can export to the East or UK you will make a killing, Igbos love snails ( aka Congo meat) but we don't have enough or the ones here are tiny. Most of the breeders I know buy from Lagos, Ogun, Benin and co..

Take advantage of the training this guy is offering, it always comes in handy, but be aware it's not a get rich quick scheme, our slow friends need time and patience.. With everything I mentioned put in place, one can make decent money in snail farming.. I have a good pdf on snail farming I got from agrodoc, I can share it with you free. But I still advice you to go for training.. Checkout Kester Amos YouTube page he is an animal scientist, he seems to know what he is saying.. Snail farming, just like Grasscutter remains a niche area in livestock farming, and a lot of research and study is still needed in rearing them in captivity.. Too many trial and error so far..Good luck

Thanks!
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by benzion72(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
How long does it take snail to reach maturity I mean from hatching to table
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by obamat: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
I don't like people that will just come up with what they have not practiced and be telling how profitable a snail business is.
Kindly show us your farm with 7500 snails then we will know you are serious.
For your information I have not seen one AM or AA that lay more than 12eggs at once.
You can prove me wrong.
It will be nice for you to just tell people the real truth instead of deceiving people they will have 7500snails and make 3million in one year
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by obamat: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Baroba:

God bless you
Re: Snail Farming; A Very Lucrative Business by DONKINGS10(m): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
i dont know why some people like telling lies and deceiving people .. See i have a snail farm and to be frank with you A M can never lay more than 10 eggs per clutch and sometime most of the egg wont hatch . Thirdly it take a very long time for it to mature sometime from 18 months to 2 years so patience is needed. Thank you. we have matured AM snails for sale
@ N500 my email = coolpipschisco@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On How To Start Exporting Bitter Kola And Kolanut / The Current Trend Of Palm Kernel Supply In Nigeria. / Problems Of Planting Maize During Its Peak Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.