Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:27 PM

Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog (1017 Views)

Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? / Please Help, What Breed Is This Dog / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by jimohibrahim(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2018
Good morning guys
I'm pretty new in this section, I have a Caucasian female dog her name is Bella
I traveled and kept Bella with a friend, came back and realize a lot has changed, she's not eating well and what bothers me most is her fur pulling out.. Especially on the lap area.
This morning I was petting her and I can literally pull the fur out without stress like its already waiting to fall off...

Please I need to know what's wrong with her and the solution...

Thanks in advance
Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by jimohibrahim(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2018

Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by Eveezy(m): 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
Possible problems:
Tick fever, improper grooming, also do not rule out parvo, malnutrition.

Solutions:
Give multivitamins, get a tick spray, give a tick bath, call a vet, groom d dog, get it cod liver oil for d coat, feed a nutritious food
Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by adontcare(f): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ask ur vet. It might be worm infestation

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by jimohibrahim(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks so much.. I really appreciate your useful response
Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by debolasam: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
Worm dat alll
Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by Rany4all(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
jimohibrahim:
Good morning guys
I'm pretty new in this section, I have a Caucasian female dog her name is Bella
I traveled and kept Bella with a friend, came back and realize a lot has changed, she's not eating well and what bothers me most is her fur pulling out.. Especially on the lap area.
This morning I was petting her and I can literally pull the fur out without stress like its already waiting to fall off...

Please I need to know what's wrong with her and the solution...

Thanks in advance
Possible causes of hair loss could be anything from parasites, infections, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, dry skin, and so on.

The additional history of poor appetite I believe should narrow the diagnosis down to either parasites or infections.

Assuming there are no other symptoms to narrow the diagnosis even further, if I were you I'd first treat her for those 2 and see how it goes in the short term...deworm, give ivermectin tab, give a combination of antibiotics like flagyl and augmentin. And if symptoms persist, get worse or show no improvement after 3 days, you can contact your vet.

In the longer term, you may want to consider preventive measures like good quality food, multivitamin & cod liver oil supplements, regular deworming, ectoparasite control, and good hygiene practices...

Good luck!
Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by jimohibrahim(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Rany4all:
Possible causes of hair loss could be anything from parasites, infections, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, dry skin, and so on.

The additional history of poor appetite I believe should narrow the diagnosis down to either parasites or infections.

Assuming there are no other symptoms to narrow the diagnosis even further, if I were you I'd first treat her for those 2 and see how it goes in the short term...deworm, give ivermectin tab, give a combination of antibiotics like flagyl and augmentin. And if symptoms persist, get worse or show no improvement after 3 days, you can contact your vet.

In the longer term, you may want to consider preventive measures like good quality food, multivitamin & cod liver oil supplements, regular deworming, ectoparasite control, and good hygiene practices...

Good luck!

Thanks so much
Re: Please Help, What's Wrong With My Dog by Chimpazeeee: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
He

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Mastiff (boerboel) Available For Stud Service. / Maxwell Is Up For Sale...male Slant Back German Sherperd Puppy For Sale... / Appreciation To Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.