Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns (34618 Views)

Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC / Temitayo Abayomi Lawal Battles Cancer Of The Muscles, Needs N4m / Paul Arduad, Congolese Gay Dies Of Cancer Of The Anus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Metuh: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:
This Twitter doctor sounds like a quack to me
Even after seeing his reasons

I don't want to believe a moderator posted this
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
Dr Moadime or should I say Dr Ladimomo.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:
He is not a quack. What he is saying is true.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by hotwax: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
STop drinking water. It causes cancer..from a reliable sauce.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Temptee101(m): 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
wink

Make em go siddon for one corner jarre, and while at it let me also remind him that being stupid causes buharitasis syndrome
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Mikeross62: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
how do we know old groundnut
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Gurusboi: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
mikaael:

And I have 6 months old groundnut in my Owz...I can't trow it away o cos na money I take buy am...Thank God i have two Livers..if one stops.anoda will tk over
You have two livers?

2 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by aribisala0(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
It is not the oldness or newness that causes cancer. Rather a toxin produced by a commonly found fungus or mold which is present in the soil.

This fungus can contaminate man foods not just peanuts. The fungus produces a toxin called aflatoxin which is not always destroyed by cooking and can affect rice, cassava,beans pepper etc. This can affect freshly harvested produce

What can you do about it ? Nothing really this is a job for NAFDAC and SON . They need to test produce regularly andd educate traders about handling and storage.

Countres that import peanuts have an aflatoxiin testing programme

3 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by chuckcy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
NewBea:

He is not a quack. What he is saying is true.
which skol una go self
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by frowland(m): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
Drink RUZU Herbal bitters. Keep your liver healthy.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lenadiva:
Do we really have a doctor in Nigeria.
Small doctor and doctor sid.

1 Like

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by chuckcy(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
kattytamer:

You have two livers?
ewooooooooo
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by siraj1402(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
Well I can't say the young man is wrong, it has been established that if you have hapertitis, you should keep away from groundnuts because of your liver.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by sacajawea: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
ibori1:
grin

u lie, carry ur cancer story to the moon
If this is trolling behave yourself
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Robbin7(m): 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
Stale news!
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by linearity: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
Our fore fathers no get electricity, no fridge but they are living up to 100, 110 and even 120 years, right before our very eyes...no cancer, no chemo, etc.

Oga Doctor park well make person pass joor.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by GreenArrow1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
kattytamer:

You have two livers?
w

Hahahahahaha!
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Robbin7(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
It is not the oldness or newness that causes cancer. Rather a toxin produced by a commonly found fungus or mold which is present in the soil.

This fungus can contaminate man foods not just peanuts. The fungus produces a toxin called aflatoxin which is not always destroyed by cooking and can affect rice, cassava,beans pepper etc. This can affect freshly harvested produce

What can you do about it ? Nothing really this is a job for NAFDAC and SON . They need to test produce regularly andd educate traders about handling and storage.

Countres that import peanuts have an aflatoxiin testing programme
On point. Did you study food science or any of the agricultural sciences?
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by aribisala0(m): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
Robbin7:

On point. Did you study food science or any of the agricultural sciences?
I am a polymath
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by GreenArrow1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
mikaael:

And I have 6 months old groundnut in my Owz...I can't trow it away o cos na money I take buy am...Thank God i have two Livers..if one stops.anoda will tk over

Whaaat?

2 Likes

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Nicogen4us(f): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
correctbae:
Nigerian Doctor took to his twitter handle to warn people of the danger of eating old Groundnuts. According to his tweet, it causes cancer of the liver.

Read full tweets;

I'm just here to remind you that eating old groundnuts can give you cancer of the liver
#aprokodoctor
Old groundnuts contain aflatoxin that causes liver cancer. This toxin is produced by a fungus that infects old improperly stored groundnuts.
Don't let your village people win.
Throw that ancestral groundnut away.
Groundnuts should be stored in airtight containe
Preferably in the refrigerator with constant electricity for about 3 months.
But as we no dey get light like that...
The moment something feels wrong about it. Discard

Read Also: “I Love Davido, He’s A Sweet Boy” – Wizkid’s Baby Mama Says
https://correct.com.ng/i-love-davido-hes-a-sweet-boy-wizkids-baby-mama-says/

Aflatoxin is not present in groundnut alone but all grains and even in some meats but mosyly those that are spoil or decay. This is not only through storage but some of this metabolite are from strain of the grain to planting methods,environmental conditions to germination and also harvesting procedure. Also the toxic metabolite is having required consumption quantity it is only if the quantity is exceeded it can be poisonous. We all have consume aflatoxin one way or the other but just because we do not exceed the limit. The lesson should be to minimize the consumption of spoil grains generally. Thanks urs @ #Trinity farm and Agroallied Services.
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by jaxxy(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ok doctor... Thx 4 d info
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Kardinal001(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
dominique:
Seems you've eaten a hand full of old groundnuts....lol
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ALAYORMII: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Na everything dey cause cancer??

No do this one

No do that one

Abeggi, na something go kill person
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by ALAYORMII: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
GreenArrow1:

Whaaat?

Why you open mouth??

You neva hear the song

Everything na double double
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Ijaya123: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
looseweight:
This where this medical students got it wrong. Its not a matter of old groundnuts containing aflatoxin. There is also a high probability of freshly harvested groundnuts to be contaminated with afflatoxin. Also its the metabolic products of aflatoxin that can can cause liver cancer. In fact, I do prescribe eating of groundnuts and water melon for my clients challenged with erectile dysfunction. The only care is to ensure that you consume groundnuts free dyscoloration

This caught my attention. Is there any groundnuts free of discolouration?
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by talk2emma: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Doctor abeg If I eat this one finish I no go eat am again
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by HoodBillionaire: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
in the western world
something must kill man
however in naija
anything can kill man
spiritually,electronically,verbally,medically,on air o
sea o.land o. police o. road safety o. okada o.
electric pole o,cigar.tramadol,lastma o,supermarket selling expired products o
Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Lexusgs430: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Seeing this headline, I rushed for my old bottle of groundnut + garri + sugar + cold water.... This hot sun must be neutralised...

Re: 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns by Ijaya123: 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
linearity:
Our fore fathers no get electricity, no fridge but they are living up to 100, 110 and even 120 years, right before our very eyes...no cancer, no chemo, etc.

Oga Doctor park well make person pass joor.

Our forefathers never got exposed to the kind of chemical and environmental pollutions we are being exposed to nowadays.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multi-million Dollar Cardiology Facility Unveiled In Anambra State (photos) / Meet Chidiebere Ibe, Bringing Black Illustrations To The Medical Field / COVID-19: Jack Ma Sends 2nd Batch Of Medical Supplies To Nigeria, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.