Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. (3831 Views)

The First Pictures I Took When I Arrived In Brazil(photos) / Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State / I Arrived At Lithuania Yesterday, Any Nigerians At Vilnius. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 1:52am On Jul 18, 2018
Emycord:
sucker punch the last line defines the politics of ss nigeria just wait till you hear a referendum bell ringing then you will know that all political south souht are more biafra than igbo. until then everyone is free to be very stupid in the ss.
u dey mind them?

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Emycord: 1:59am On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
we never claimed we were force to join Nigeria.

The british gave great autonomy to the 3 regions in the Macpherson Constitution. Lagos was basically responsible for a few exclusive items...while the regions were powerful. That was the nigeria all of us signed up for.

The coup of 66 however led to the ethnic cleansing of poor igbo traders in the north who were not consulted b4 Nzeogwu started killing people. Poor traders who are only ironsi's kin by name. What was worse...gowon claimed he should not be blamed for the killings...just as buhari says he is not to be blamed for the crisis in middle belt.
@IBIBIO?
you can use another tribe for your narrative but not ibibio. do you even know what ibibio means? it mean " little igbo" google it or ask questions they too speak a version of igbo dialect. they same four market days like igbo and have a common market shared with abia people. forget all these "we are not igbo online stories

1 Like

Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by peacengine(m): 4:46am On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
[s]well...they speak igbo dont they? And since we didnt colonise them, we can say this...if we share the same mother tongue and culture...then we belong together.

If ikwere like let them see themselves as kanuris or british...if nigeria breaks up ikwereland is coming to igbos. Ikwere ppl should be ready to kill every igboman b4 we allow them join a proposed niger delta republic.

Hwever under one nigeria they are free to claim anything sha [/s]

Bro u ain't making sense
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by 1shortblackboy: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
we never claimed we were force to join Nigeria.

The british gave great autonomy to the 3 regions in the Macpherson Constitution. Lagos was basically responsible for a few exclusive items...while the regions were powerful. That was the nigeria all of us signed up for.

The coup of 66 however led to the ethnic cleansing of poor igbo traders in the north who were not consulted b4 Nzeogwu started killing people. Poor traders who are only ironsi's kin by name. What was worse...gowon claimed he should not be blamed for the killings...just as buhari says he is not to be blamed for the crisis in middle belt.
That was how biafra became an option. And then the north immidiately changed our consititution to wat will favour them.

On the case of ikwerres. They are an igboid group who benefited from the coal trade. There was already a port in calaba...but because the british wanted the largest tribe of the east (the igbos) to dominate in the region, they decided to build a port city in igboland for export of coal from enugu. That was how ph came about. Then the diobu chiefs didnt say they were not igbo. During the regional govt, the ikweres never said they were not igbo...why do u think we would take them serious now.

Let me ask u...if nigeria breaks up and lagos refuse to join Yoruba land and opt to go it alone...do u think every Yoruba man will not pick up arms and fight them?

Look it one thing for a clear ethni group like ibibio to say they dont want to be part of biafra...and its another thing for an igbo-speaking community to say they dont want to be part of igboland.

Bro na there all of us go die o. Anyway i trust Aba boys...they will gladly start the revolution to recover p.h if nigeria ever breaks up
ok i get ur point so we are looking at a war at two fronts; with the federal government of Nigeria and with the ikwerres. u think biafra can survive it
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by subcbouy: 11:53am On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
I keep telling my people...if u want an independent nation, stop chasing all south south and only chase the igbo speaking parts of south south. With igboland intact and secured, the igbos can seek self rule from nigeria and achieve it faster than attaching all south south.

Cities in Igboland are

Port harcourt (ikwerre-Igbo) - largest Igbo city
Onitsha (onicha ado)
Aba (Ngwa Igbo)
Enugu (waawa igbo) - capital of Igboland
Owerri
Asaba (Anioma igbo)
Abakaliki
Umuahia
Nsukka
Remove Ikwerre n Anioma from your list. These two can't be minority in this category. Abeg you.
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by selemempe: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
subcbouy:
Remove Ikwerre n Anioma from your list. These two can't be minority in this category. Abeg you.
where are u from?
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by Emycord: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
subcbouy:
so what are they currently in nigeria
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by subcbouy: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2018
Emycord:
so what are they currently in nigeria
Majority in SS, minority in SE.
Did you even read where I said: ".....in this group"
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by AmuDimpka: 4:17am On Dec 23, 2019
peacengine:

Definitely not Igbo. Rivers people don't see themselves as Igbo except Aniomas(a small tribe in Rivers) they aint the owners of Port Harcourt.

Mumu..
Is Anioma in Rivers
Re: I Arrived Eastern Nigeria Yesterday. Here Are My Major Observations. by NaijadrivaCars: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2019
Juliusmalema:
OP u will live long for saying a plain truth......

God bless and bless ur forefathers.
Nwanne,
So you still de? Thought you are Meleszenawi grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Norwegian Prison Where Inmates Live Like Kings / Checkout These Photos Of The Beautiful Aerial Views Of MCC Area,Onitsha,Anambra / Canada Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.