Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,807 members, 7,813,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? (26221 Views)

Between Tems And Tiwa Savage Who Has A More Attractive Brown Skin. - Pictures / Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Sings Better? / Keyshia Ka'oir Vs Tiwa Savage: Who Wore The Gucci Better? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Bluezy13(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2018
toprealman:
Learnt she is too. She didn't make it with her other types.....this particular voice type worked so she had to stick to it.
And that's the limitation I'm referring to.

2 Likes

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Bluezy13(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2018
Sterope:
Which versatil÷? Towards cannot sing most of her songs live without sounding horrible.

But she tops the list of female musicians in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by phetto(m): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2018
Maximus85:

There's no voice that comes out of a studio without Autotune.

Tiwa is the best. Listen to her talk. She sounds like an angel.

Talking is different from singing
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Abascoh: 9:39am On Jul 17, 2018
Tiwa Savage
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by phetto(m): 9:40am On Jul 17, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

How many tracks have you produced for Tiwa?

Lol

Have listened to her performed on stage before.
And believe me it was terrible.

Several performance though
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 17, 2018
mimimile93:

Mr man you are asked who has the best vocal not who has been there for long..

He is one of those that will request for more answer sheet and still fail the course grin grin grin
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Vornic: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2018
Tiwa savage is better than simi hundred times
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Lozano: 9:49am On Jul 17, 2018
Tiwa has the best vocal skills and that's why she is my number one African music diva, Tiwa Savage!! After you na you, carry go joor!!
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by aalangel(f): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2018
There's no comparison...Tiwa sings and knows music more the Simi.

1 Like

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by toprealman: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2018
Bluezy13:

And that's the limitation I'm referring to.
Specialization bro. Falz can speak good English but he has perfected his own style.....same as Funke and so on. I get your drift sha.
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by vickylincon(m): 10:11am On Jul 17, 2018
sparog:
It's Simi all the way, her voice is soothing, it caresses the instrumental or beats of the song and makes you feel relax listening to her song

Tiwa's vocals is not bad too but it ain't dat spectacular, she just dey try were Simi dey.

My opinion ooh, nobody should quote me

grin
I have quote you now..ntorrrrr

1 Like

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Sterope(f): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Yes thanks to branding. That wasn't the point of the topic though.

Bluezy13:

But she tops the list of female musicians in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by baronene(m): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2018
simi is using are natural voice maybe just a bit of studio tune.
tiwa's voice is lovely coz of much studio tune.

when simi speaks, that how her voice is compare to that of tiwa

all hail SIMISOLA
gal wey dey write her own song (in wizkid voice)

1 Like

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by feelzie(m): 10:34am On Jul 17, 2018
who is making comparison... abeg simi got d best female vocal in Nigeria followed by sheyi shey n niyola....
before u can mention tiwa....
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Tammynator(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2018
Tiwa is good but, Simi beats her. You should compare Simi to Asa!

1 Like

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Chogzee(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2018
Na y som ppl go just d fail Exam back2back, OP say vocal skills som ppl de here d bring up oda tins,

SIMI for dis..100%
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by okwabayi(m): 11:11am On Jul 17, 2018
I'm enjoying the creative comments here. It feels like a throwback to nairaland in 2006 but on a lighter tone.

As for me it's Simi although Tiwa is more marketable. They both sound nasal though and Tiwa's nasality is more annoying.
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by sparog(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2018
vickylincon:
I have quote you now..ntorrrrr

I will report you to Oga Seun
grin grin
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by kelzgie: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2018
Lol.. Forget the fact that tiwa is bigger.. I think simi has a better vocal skill...come on...
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by KazeemIbrahim1: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2018
phetto:

Lol

Have listened to her performed on stage before.
And believe me it was terrible.

Several performance though
I've heard her perform on stage. Wb Simi?
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by DSoj(m): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2018
Tiwa. Tiwa. Tiwa.

Comparing Tiwa with Simi is like comparing Range Rover 2018 with Toyota Corrolla 2010

Tiwa leads. ALL Others follow.

2 Likes

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by popizaino(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2018
deebrownneymar:
From the comments it's obvious many Nigerians don't know what it mean by vocals. Besides, Tiwa uses autotune and clings to wizkid to try and stay relevant. When you talk of vocals think omawunmi, waje, niniola, Niyola, yemi Alade. Tiwa no reach abegi.

Nice one
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
Simi is the best female vocalist in Africa! No doubt
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by vickylincon(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
sparog:

I will report you to Oga Seun
grin grin
so far he will credit my account
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by gaetano: 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
Abascoh:
Tiwa Savage
Tiwa garbage
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Jodhar: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Tiwa Savage has a better voice than simi
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Abascoh: 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
gaetano:

Tiwa garbage
The whole world knows and recognises her name, Tiwa Savage, it doesn't matter what you say, it's inconsequential and It won't make Tiwa Savage to drop down from being a star. Who God has blessed, no man can curse

3 Likes

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by enemmo(f): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
Nigerians and sentiments.

All things being equal, Tiwa should have been a better vocalist, with voice training and constant live singing.

As it stands Simi sounds better at the moment.

And to digress, I think the best female vocalist is Waje followed by many sistren in the gospel community eg Sinach.
Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by Maximus85(m): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
phetto:

Talking is different from singing

Hmm. Then there is a discussion on vocals.... Please don't say anything.

1 Like

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by bionixs: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
Alamala1:
which one be tribalistic mentality ode are they not Yoruba hes just stating the obvious why you kom dey grunt Pig
idiot! it is the stupidity ,hatred of you and your terrible people that kept Nigeria where it now. you and your people will reap it all your lives. RUDDERLESS IDIOT!

3 Likes

Re: Simi Vs Tiwa Savage, Who Has The Best Vocal Skills? by donnyflex01(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Why do we have to compare.. tgey r both amazing in their own ways.it will be easier for tiwa to fit in any genre of music than simi...in the main time pls check out my new single.
DFX seems to surface again after taking a short break from music, he has worked with synord on his hit single otubante and telemundo.. this time around he tries to articulate hopes dreams regrets and vision in a slow tempoed beat produced by tdurst. If u love good music,i highly doubt youll unlike this . Download below and tell me wah u think
https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DFX-ft-TDURST-untold-stories.mp3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daniella Okeke VS Kate Henshaw: Who Wore It Better? / Actress Funke Akindele In Lovely Photos / Davido's Babymama Saga: Anti-child Trafficking Body Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.