Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages (482 Views)

Dilapidated State Of Most Villages In Akwa Ibom State / History Of The Stool Of Eze Ekpeye Logbo And Its Occupants / Breaking News...fulani Herdsmen Attack Catholic Minor Seminary.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by uneeking(m): 5:52am On Jul 17, 2018
Relief might just be at the corner for many people who were displaced from their ancestral lands during the recent spate of crisis that engulfed parts of Plateau State.

This is because the Special Task Force (STF), charged with maintaining peace in Plateau, has just given inhabitants of some crisis-prone villages 48 hours to vacate those communities. 

A spokesman of the STF in person of Salisu Mustapha in a statement informed the press that a “military operation” is going on in the affected areas located in Barkin-Ladi and Riyom Local Governments.

He then went on to add; “The inhabitants of the affected areas are to vacate immediately with their property.”  Mahanga, Kakuruk, Maseh and Shong 2 are the villages concerned in this present development.

However some of the residents are complaining about the fact that the order was unfair and uncharitable for the STF to order them out of their ancestral villages without providing alternatives.

According to some of them; “We know no other home,” he said. “Where do they want us to go? Why must they treat us as if we are foreigners in our own country?" "We have nowhere to go to and so may just have to disobey the STF's order”, they further said. 

More on this here; http://uneekomunikations.com/breaking-news-fulani-occupants-ordered-out-of-plateaus-troubled-villages/

Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by duduade: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2018
Go back to your original states ....
Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by Alejoc(m): 6:00am On Jul 17, 2018
This report is not really clear shocked

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by potent5(m): 6:20am On Jul 17, 2018
I hope you guys took permission from their papa wey go Netherlands. No be say person papa travel una go begin de maltreat im pikin. I no follow.
Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by viceddy95(m): 6:23am On Jul 17, 2018
This report look somehow ,,,,what's their oga at the top saying about it,,,has he given s.t.f the go ahead to tell that to his cow loving people...
Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by speed99: 6:31am On Jul 17, 2018
Villages were attacked, people killed while others fled to avoid massacre. In the midst of the pogrom, some people occupied the deserted land. Using just commonsense, who is culpable? Their agenda is obvious, kill, steal, destroy and take over. Is this similar to a jihad?
like the outgoing French envoy opined, impunity is fuelling this agenda. who provides this impunity?
when Nigerians are ready, these imps would be driven far into sahara desert.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by EweduAfonja(f): 6:39am On Jul 17, 2018
No way...

Sheey na una use una hand vote their papa... No body is running... This change una must chop am finish

1 Like

Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by mgbadike81: 6:41am On Jul 17, 2018
I think everybody including the villagers were ordered out, the report is not clear.
Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by uneeking(m): 6:49am On Jul 17, 2018
mgbadike81:
I think everybody including the villagers were ordered out, the report is not clear.
Even though I cannot stand for the JTF, I suspect that they want to clear up the place and do a verification exercise to settle the original inhabitants back to their ancestral homes. My own opinion, please. I am not a JTF spokesman. I don put on my helmet. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by mgbadike81: 7:05am On Jul 17, 2018
uneeking:

Even though I cannot stand for the JTF, I suspect that they want to clear up the place and do a verification exercise to settle the original inhabitants back to their ancestral homes. My own opinion, please. I am not a JTF spokesman. I don put on my helmet. grin grin grin
that can never happen under Buhari, besides you don't need verification to know villagers from normadic herdsmen.
Re: Breaking News - Fulani Occupants Ordered Out Of Plateau's Troubled Villages by hisgrace090: 7:24am On Jul 17, 2018
In your own country, but not in your own village.

So you can ask people to help you locate your village and for once enjoy your ancestral land.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Lies In Nigeria / Best Graduating Student Gets Live Chicken, Yam Tuber As Gift / Governor Uncovers 12 Dead Babies Stuffed Inside Nylons At Kenyan Hospital .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.