Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) (6812 Views)

Naira Marley Shared A Tricycle Marlian He Saw In Ibadan. PHOTOS / Tiwa Savage's Son Ran Into The House After He Saw Their Christmas Turkey / See What This Lady Did To Her Mentally Deranged Childhood Friend She Saw(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Magichand: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2018
A Shakespearean actor who died for seven minutes painted what he saw when he was unconscious.
Shiv Grewal, from Peckham, London, suffered a massive cardiac arrest after going out for lunch with his wife five years ago - and now depicts what he believes is the afterlife in his art.
The 60-year-old, who just finished an RSC production of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, had to be revived by paramedics.
He had been previously healthy and fit, but on the way home from the restaurant he began to feel unwell, before his eyes rolled back into his head.

He said: "I knew, somehow, that I was dead.”
“I was aware my brain was dying and crying out for help. But, at the same time, I felt things completely separate from my body. It was like I was in a void but could feel emotions and sensations.
“Despite knowing I was dead, I also knew that there was a chance of coming home.
“I also understood that I’d be reincarnated, but I didn’t want that just yet. I wanted to return to life, to the material world and to my wife. I demanded that I was coming back and I got my wish.”
Arriving within minutes, paramedics were able to restart his heart, but, in the seven minutes when the actor said it stopped, he went on a strange “cosmic journey,” during which he had the power to choose between life and death.

Shiv said: “I felt there was a whole set of possibilities, various lives and reincarnations that were being offered to me. But I didn’t want them. I made it very clear that I wanted to return to my body, to my time, to my wife and to go on living.
He was rushed into surgery at Kings College Hospital for an operation to put a stent into his fully clogged main artery, Shiv went into an induced coma for a month, because of cerebral hypoxia – oxygen starvation in the brain – which has left him with epilepsy.
The actor and artist is unable to return to the stage and has speech and mobility problems.
He continued: “I needed to be proactive. I said I was coming back. I said it as a demand not a request.”
As part of his recovery he has found painting what he saw a good form of therapy.
He said: “I remembered everything that happened when my heart stopped and have tried to translate it into art.
“My works act as a map to rediscovery and to understanding my experience.”
His art will be at an exhibition called Reboot at The Sanctum Hotel in London’s Soho, from August 15 to September 24.

Gist From Zenithnaija.com

More photos below

https://zenithnaija.com/man-who-died-for-seven-minutes-paints-what-he-saw-photos/

cc: Fynestboi, Mynd44

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by dynicks(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2018
good for you!

Now please could someone give us an explanation as to what's encrypted in that work of art or rather what every bit of it is all about?

Hope that isn't what or how judgement day is gonno look like?

hey like wtf ! is that d teeth of a greatwhite shark at d top left corner of the paint work?

hell no!

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Bluezy13(m): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2018
He died for seven minutes cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by SOFTENGR: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2018
Seven minutes kolo grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Fweshspice(m): 11:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Scaryyy!!!
Father Lawd 4give me of my sins, the one i knw and d one i know not

8 Likes

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Magichand: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2018
dynicks:
good for you!

Now please could someone give us an explanation as to what's encrypted in that work of art or rather what every bit of it is all about?

Hope that isn't what or how judgement day is gonno look like?

hey like wtf ! is that d teeth of a greatwhite shark at d top left corner of the paint work?

hell no!

Lol
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Magichand: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2018
Fweshspice:
Scaryyy!!!
Father Lawd 4give me of my sins, the one i knw and d one i know not
See them

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Tampa6246(m): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2018
First guy who died and came back alive without seeing Michael Jackson and co in hell

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by MrSensor(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Magichand: 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
Lol
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
Tampa6246:
First guy who died and came back alive without seeing Michael Jackson and co in hell

Are u very certain that hell exists

1 Like

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by mavinjay1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
Naah... I dont believe dis.
I dont think afterlife can be illustrated to an art piece. Anything afterlife is super-surreal & unimaginable.

U sure sey hin no wan just sell art piece ni!!
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by MrRichmond: 1:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
He saw space and meteorites , other people saw Jesus and Michael Jackson... This shows that the after life might not be the same for everyone... humans are unique and thus may have unique experiences on the other side.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by MrRichmond: 1:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
He saw space and meteorites , other people saw Jesus and Michael Jackson... This shows that the after life might not be the same for everyone... humans are unique and thus may have unique experiences on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by MrRichmond: 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Tampa6246(m): 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
I believe it exist according to the Holy book...tho I don't know who you believe in
Rolly83:

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by abumeinben(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
Scientists would call this NDE...Near Death Experience.

From this write, I can see one common discovery to cases I've read on quora....Separated from the body, having consciousness of void and free from worries.
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by wittyt98(m): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
this I believe.

not some I saw Jesus waving at me or some Pope screaming for help bullshit

one time I had sleep paralysis and it was a lil bit scary, I was conscious of what was happening to me but all I could see was white with me trying to break out of that state so bad but I just couldn't open my eyes or move my arm.

I was terrified but I knew what was happening so I didn't panic, I just relaxed and continued to fight for the control of my body.

I can remember being in that state and struggling to gain control of my body for over 20-30 seconds before my eyes opened and i was back to the real world lol
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Magichand: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
MrRichmond:
He saw space and meteorites , other people saw Jesus and Michael Jackson...
This shows that the after life might not be the same for everyone...
humans are unique and thus may have unique experiences on the other side.
You've a point
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by mayDtolu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
lols...Dis one die for 7minutes...Come make boko Haram blow ur head...U go know say 7minutes die na play....#1000yrs to come...U no go no where u dey...
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Yeligray(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
Rolly83:

it does
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Disneyland dreams. Lol

1 Like

Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Magichand: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hehe
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Xoxoxigan(f): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
Yeligray:
it does
if it does then why do most people reincarnate?
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by wayne4loan: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2018
Rolly83:

Nigeria is hell
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by DonHummer(m): 4:56am On Jul 18, 2018
Wow! what amazed me most is that for seven(7) good minutes he showed no sign of life, but they kept trying to revive him. In my country naija you would have been declared dead long time ago.
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by Nostradamus: 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
Xoxoxigan:
if it does then why do most people reincarnate?
are you sure that reincarnation is real and not just some people's weird imagination?
Re: Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) by joseo: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2018
He did not die for seven minutes he ran mad .

(1) (Reply)

5 Female Students That Raped Teacher And Captured It In Ogun State (video / God Told Me To Replace Naira Marley. (photos) / Woman Branded As The World #ugliest# Woman Fight Back In An Inspirational Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.