Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (26586 Views)

Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
That is where you are mistaken. He knows exactly what he is doing

There is no way he can get a brand new aircraft evenin two years ..the only option Nigeria can afford now is the usual lease every airline in Nigeria does
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by deomelo: 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
qanda:
The message is useful. Don't focus on the messenger

Sadly for the messenger, his message missed the mark. The folks we put in charge today are doing a great job, something the messenger and his boss couldn't do after 16 years in government? Do you go to such jokers for sensible advise?

5 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Blue3k2: 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
Akwa Ibom already has MRO it should bid and have National carrier patronize it. If they need to invest to bring it up to their standards ok. They should also continue investing to make sure cargo opperations start asap. Then maybe we can have some International flights take place at that airport.

The cargo terminals in general since most of them arent functional. They failed at mission of moving agricultural product.

The ICRC provides further information on its website with regard to other aviation sector projects including the development of an aerotropolis, the establishment of a maintenance, repair and overhaul centre (MRO) and the development of cargo/agro-allied airport terminals.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

There is no way he can get a brand new aircraft evenin two years ..the only option Nigeria can afford now is the usual lease every airline in Nigeria does
That is because you assume he is acting for Nigeria. Trust me he knows exactly what he is doing. There is an election next year with no guarantees of the outcome

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Even though I like reading, I can't read it because, If Reuben Abati get sense, why didn't his boss Jonathan resurrect our dead Nigeria Airways to life back? He has no right to criticise this government.

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
That is because you assume he is acting for Nigeria. Trust me he knows exactly what he is doing. There is an election next year with no guarantees of the outcome

Hmmmmmmm...now I get ...interesting
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by deomelo: 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Even though I like reading, I can't read it, because If Reuben Abati get sense, why didn't his boss Jonathan resurrect our dead Nigeria Airways to life back. He has no right to criticise this government.

He was busy establishing his own Nigerian "Aso Rock" Airways with all the planes he acquired for his own personal use.

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Newpride(m): 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Abati pls blame every rot in the Nigeria airways on the pdp.
They paralyzed every sector before pmb took over from them. These same fools who were in power for good 16 years and couldn’t achieve anything are still parading themselves as messiah and some Nigerians are still supporting them waiting for them to come back to power in 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Abbeybailey(m): 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:
When I saw that Hari Sidika went to have a meeting with aircraft manufacturers and yet wanted to float the airline by December this year I knew he didn't know what he was doing ..
Ain't You ashame a country of almost 200 million people have no National Airline when lesser countries have their own ?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by AngelicBeing: 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:
Virgin Nigeria closed and packed up under his boss in 2012, Dana air crash transpired under his boss and 16 years of PDP did nothing to rescue the airline industry in Nigeria all because of corruption and gross incompetence while clowns and kabu kabu writers like Abati looked the other way, not they have so much to say and knowledge to share because other people are trying to revitalize and bring back what they destroyed.
shocked

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by SternProphet: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
This Reuben Abati and most spare parts sellers children making comments in this thread are very ignorant.
The National Carrier project is being pushed through with a lot of international consultants and very well established Airlines onboard.

This is more than HadI Sirika and for chest sakes this is not spare parts selling or petrol station business. Nigeria is the most lucrative market for an airline in the third world. The airline will come, it will be a JV and the business will be successful

Nigeria is setting up its national carrier in conjunction with established carriers. The seed money to buy aircraft mentioned is even too small but to sit down somewhere and type on social media that Nigeria should not join the queue for new aircraft when 300 planes are already on the order books of Airbus is mischievious.

We already have the infrastructure for airline take off. Pilots and other staff are employed from the global manpower pool. Aircraft can be leased to start off and the routes are guaranteed already with subsisting air agreements.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by VcStunner(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hg
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
Blue3k2:
I'm interested in amcon's plans concerning the other 3 Airlines in manages. It sounds like a good idea to use the planes in its fleet to as first 5 planes as starter for national carrier. It wouldnt have 300 million dollar price tag. The other questions will be answeres tomorrow at the conference.

In country like ours it isn't a good idea after all. The 300m ha been enmaked, if they don't buy they will still embezzle it. Better they buy
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by AngelicBeing: 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:

He was busy establishing his own Nigerian "Aso Rock" Airways with all the planes he acquired for his own personal use.
Chai shocked

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Ain't You ashame a country of almost 200 million people have no National Airline when lesser countries have their own ?.

What is America's Natiional airline called Sir? America has 250 million people

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Sirjamo: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
I stopped reading at the point where the article says that Nigeria airways packed up in 2003, so, that useless poverty development party killed that one too!

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by ayaside(m): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
PMBfirstson:
Mr Ruben Abati, people like you are not suppose to be talking in this country, but all the way we have heard you well, and will continue cleaning up the mess your boss and his cohort were suppose to clean
And who is suppose to talk?The people who allow others to think for them cos logical reasoning is an illusion?I don't care what you are or not...The truth is the TRUTH.If there is anything falsifying about what he said,point it out or just shut the hell up.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:

Thanks for remembering me. Abati is just a hypocrite. Even his boss GEJ can never go against what PMB and Hadi Sirika are planning to bring our national carrier back to life.

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
SternProphet:
This Reuben Abati and most spare parts sellers children making comments in this thread are very ignorant.
The National Carrier project is being pushed through with a lot of international consultants and very well established Airlines onboard.

This is more than HadI Sirika and for chest sakes this is not spare parts selling or petrol station business. Nigeria is the most lucrative market for an airline in the third world. The airline will come, it will be a JV and the business will be successful

Nigeria is setting up its national carrier in conjunction with established carriers. The seed money to buy aircraft mentioned is even too small but to sit down somewhere and type on social media that Nigeria should not join the queue for new aircraft when 300 planes are already on the order books of Airbus is mischievious.

We already have the infrastructure for airline take off. Pilots and other staff are employed from the global manpower pool. Aircraft can be leased to start off and the routes are guaranteed already with subsisting air agreements.

We?

JV where do you get that from?
So what if 300 planes are on order book? That is an irrelevant detail and wholly irrelevant.

The governmen's idea is not for a JV but a private enterprise which is catalysed with government money.

The truth is the whole scheme lacks transparency and not enough has been done to carry Nigerians along. All of a sudden one year to an election there is a stampede just like GEJ's conference whose reorts were binned by Buhari.

Why are they in such a hurry with December as a target date?.

Yes we need an airline in the Private sector just like Adenuga with Glo and Dangote with Cement. It is not possible for government in Nigeriiia to run an airline responsibly so it must be in the private sector and what is needed is a way to have management that is independent of government

Even if it take another 5 years planning it that is fine so long as they get it right not all these rush job affair that another government will come and discard whilst this government will incur financial obligations for nothing

The Minister is an ex pilot and in serious countries needs to be making conflict of interest declarations
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by PMBfirstson(m): 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
ayaside:

And who is suppose to talk?The people who allow others to think for them cos logical reasoning is an illusion?I don't care what you are or not...The truth is the TRUTH.If there is anything falsifying about what he said,point it out or just shut the hell up.
i did not say he should not talk, i only said people like him are not suppose to talk, if you dont understand english, is not late to go back to school
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by breakeven: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
PMBfirstson:
Mr Ruben Abati, people like you are not suppose to be talking in this country, but all the way we have heard you well, and will continue cleaning up the mess your boss and his cohort were suppose to clean
I do not understand. Why is it that even if this government mess people like you will be salivating?. It is unfortunate.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Sakaslim(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
PMBfirstson:

Am sure you're not educated because if you are you'll be able to read and comprehend fully. This is different from playing partisan politics. Mr Abati here has argued with facts,there is a requirement to be met and the ministry of aviation has not met the requirement.

It like trying to mend a leaking roof when you don't even have a piece of land not to talk of breaking the ground.

People like you are like the soldiers of Troy that were presented with a Greek gift. Read your history sir, they all died in Troy.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by AnanseK(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
Crocky23:
Another waste of money.
Hadi sirika who is cousin to Buhari is as clueless as his uncle. Probably setting this up for Buhari to retire to, Buhari and Sons Airways.

Fake information as usual. Hadi Sirika is not Buhari’s cousin and Buhari will never have interest in airline business in his retirement. Say something sensible.

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by AnanseK(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
Sakaslim:

Am sure you're not educated because if you are you'll be able to read and comprehend fully. This is different from playing partisan politics. Mr Abati here has argued with facts,there is a requirement to be met and the ministry of aviation has not met the requirement.
It like trying to mend a leaking roof when you don't even have a piece of land not to talk of breaking the ground.
People like you are like the soldiers of Troy that were presented with a Greek gift. Read your history sir, they all died in Troy.

Ruben Abati was a part and parcel of the rot handed over to APC. He cannot claim non partisanship now. His hands are soiled. We shall always make reference to his immediate past, his years as a heavy weight in a clueless, prodigal and ineffectual Government.

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Koolking(m): 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
Crocky23:
Another waste of money.
Hadi sirika who is cousin to Buhari is as clueless as his uncle. Probably setting this up for Buhari to retire to, Buhari and Sons Airways.

I wonder what developmental project in Nigeria will not be a waste of money to you. The negativity spirit in most Nigerians is absolutely depressing and incurable. Our negativity alone will frustrate any loft project. Goodness begets goodness.

Nigeria will overcome you all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Abbeybailey(m): 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

What is America's Natiional airline called Sir? America has 250 million people
Like always , you are wrong. America's population is almost 340 million. America have 100s of airlines which are heavily regulated and America economy can support it. That's the difference. I remember when my parents used to bring my siblings and i to Nigeria on Nigeria Airways from JFK to MMA. Those were the glorious days of Nigeria. If Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya , Ethiopia and so many less well to do countries can have their National Airline, what's wrong with Nigeria having one if it's properly run.

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
When leaders eat resources with both hands at will,
Now pray tell, how will the few airports (<20 they're struggling to manage), airline, airplanes function optimally.

Some countries have over 10,000 airports, you hardly hear about all these problems highlighted by op.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Sakaslim(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
AnanseK:

Ruben Abati was a part and parcel of the rot handed over to APC. He cannot claim non partisanship now. His hands are soiled. We shall always make reference to his immediate past, his years as a heavy weight in a clueless, prodigal and ineffectual Government.

Be speaking English there. Where In the world has 2 wrongs ever made a right?
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by PMBfirstson(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
Sakaslim:

my friend i did not argue to the fact, that mr abati is a great intellectual that understand what Needs to be done, he has highlighted is points of view and the FGN Has heard him and will work towards it to fix the mess his boss once had the oppourtunity to do so, when he, mr abati, was also dear to him

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by oloriLFC(f): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
[quote author=SternProphet post=69468909]This Reuben Abati and most spare parts sellers children making comments in this thread are very ignorant.

Nice. They should just pay off the former staff of the liquidated Nigeria Airways of which my dad is one. many of these people don too suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

555 Biafra Flags, Vehicles, Other Items Seized In Onitsha / Our Lives Under Lockdown By Abuja, Lagos And Kaduna Residents / 2023: Malami Distributes 30 Cars To Associates In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.