Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (26588 Views)

Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by BiadeFolar(m): 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
oyetunder:
So Abati is still expecting Nigerians to read his epistles? Funny Vulture.
I actually read it and I'm Nigerian
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by straighttalk(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Reuben Abati is one of the major reasons why JEG administration failed because they don't believe anything can work in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Like always , you are wrong. America's population is almost 340 million. America have 100s of airlines which are heavily regulated and America economy can support it. That's the difference. I remember when my parents used to bring my siblings and i to Nigeria on Nigeria Airways from JFK to MMA. Those were the glorious days of Nigeria. If Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya , Ethiopia and so many less well to do countries can have their National Airline, what's wrong with Nigeria having one if it's properly run.

If America doesn't have a national carrier then I see no reason why Nigetia should ...What difference will A national carrier make in Nigeria today , will it make airfares cheaper ? NO !! Will it make more Nigerians be able to afford flying? No!!!! Will the National Airline be better managed ? Hell No!!! Will it be safer ? Hell No!!!

I am of the opinion that we need better framework to support existing airlines to grow rather than opening another non profitable badly run govt venture all in the name of cheap politics...we need better economy and better wages so people can afford to fly and existing airlines can grow ... there are many ways to make our aviation sector robust once again but National airline is not part of it . Let the govt fix the roads and rails first

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
oyetunder:
So Abati is still expecting Nigerians to read his epistles? Funny Vulture.

LOL

Calm down. Last time I saw his pic, he didn't have any conspicuous wings...

But seriously, it seems some write-ups are more difficult to read in an online format.

And perhaps with his training too, I guess he was paid per word so...

The comments here are interesting though

Cheers!
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by OnucheAdams: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:
Virgin Nigeria closed and packed up under his boss in 2012, Dana air crash transpired under his boss and 16 years of PDP did nothing to rescue the airline industry in Nigeria all because of corruption and gross incompetence while clowns and kabu kabu writers like Abati looked the other way, not they have so much to say and knowledge to share because other people are trying to revitalize and bring back what they destroyed.

If you call this revitalization, then you clearly don't understand how the aviation business works....
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by ayaside(m): 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
PMBfirstson:
i did not say he should not talk, i only said people like him are not suppose to talk, if you dont understand english, is not late to go back to school
Stupid reply..If you can't write for people to understand,you might as well check evening school.I asked who is suppose to talk and if what he said is a lie.If what he said is true,he has every RIGHT to talk.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by PMBfirstson(m): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
ayaside:

Stupid reply..If you can't write for people to understand,you might as well check evening school.I asked who is suppose to talk and if what he said is a lie.If what he said is true,he has every RIGHT to talk.
okay sir
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by magzey: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
PMBfirstson:
Mr Ruben Abati, people like you are not suppose to be talking in this country, but all the way we have heard you well, and will continue cleaning up the mess your boss and his cohort were suppose to clean
No wonder na night bus you dey follow keep wailing.

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by magzey: 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2018
Crocky23:
Another waste of money.
Hadi sirika who is cousin to Buhari is as clueless as his uncle. Probably setting this up for Buhari to retire to, Buhari and Sons Airways.
I dont blame you because na night bus you dey follow and drop in the bush to your Hamlet. be wise and Stop unnecessary WAILING. it will lead you to ur early grave. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by deomelo: 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
OnucheAdams:

If you call this revitalization, then you clearly don't understand how the aviation business works....

And who are you? Aviation expert?

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Icon79(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
Reuben Abati is a true example of the mantra: talk is cheap.

O pari

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Icon79(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
Reuben Abati is a true example of the mantra: talk is cheap.

O pari
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Abbeybailey(m): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

If America doesn't have a national carrier then I see no reason why Nigetia should ...What difference will A national carrier make in Nigeria today , will it make airfares cheaper ? NO !! Will it make more Nigerians be able to afford flying? No!!!! Will the National Airline be better managed ? Hell No!!! Will it be safer ? Hell No!!!

I am of the opinion that we need better framework to support existing airlines to grow rather than opening another non profitable badly run govt venture all in the name of cheap politics...we need better economy and better wages so people can afford to fly and existing airlines can grow ... there are many ways to make our aviation sector robust once again but National airline is not part of it . Let the govt fix the roads and rails first
I don't know why your hatred of your government is blinding you to reality of life. Comparing Nigeria to America makes no sense. I was at JFK Airport couple weeks ago and I saw Ghana, Senegal, and Ethiopia airlines and you are telling me that Nigeria can't have a national airline. What kind of a mindset is that . The only thing is corruption must be stemmed and the airline run properly. It can be 51% to 49% cooperation with a well established foreign airline. I rather fly Nigeria Airways direct to Nigeria from Chicago than fly Ethiopia airline that just started coming direct from Addis Ababa .

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

America does not have a national carrier? It is not wise to sound off without full possession of facts
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:

America does not have a national carrier? It is not wise to sound off without full possession of facts

They dont Sir .... make your findings
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

They dont
Actually they do.

They have several

Two things stand out here

1. You do not understand what a national carrier means
2 You do not understand what is being proposed here and yet you have very strong opinions.

bizarre

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Abbeybailey(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
Actually they do.

They have several

2 You do not understand what is being proposed here and yet you have very strong opinions.

bizarre
Tell me the national airline of the US.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by phabulux: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Tell me the national airline of the US.
I did not use the term National airline.

Let us not get derailed.

Firstly

You appear to believe that the proposal here is for a state owned airline that is wrong

Secondl the term National carrier or Flag carrier is an anachronism that today is of signifiance in negotiating bilateral Air Travel arrangements and the relevant definition simply is countr of registration. In international aviation an aircraft of only national carriers may fly in and out Directly of the index nation from ANY OTHER nation. There are a few exceptions based on unique agreements but that is the essence of a national carrier not "state ownership" The economic significance of this is clear in the monopoly of direct flights that national carriers have as a competitive edge over rivals that must connect at their home nation

As such Arik air is a National carrier just like British Airways is neither is owned by the governmeent.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
Actually they do.

They have several

bizarre

Oga America does not have a flag carrier anywhere ... Flag carrier is any airline that a country has substantial national based interests and stakes in and allots priority of its international routes too ... America doesn't have any Sir since the 70s... I have taken the liberty to drop a link you can glance up when you are free

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.travelandleisure.com/airlines-airports/national-flag-carrier-explainer

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/37081/why-doesnt-the-us-have-a-flag-carrier-airline

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

Oga America does not have a flag carrier anywhere ... Flag carrier is any airline that a country has substantial national based interests and stakes in and allots priority of its international routes too ... America doesn't have any Sir since the 70s... I have taken the liberty to drop a link you can glance up when you are free

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.travelandleisure.com/airlines-airports/national-flag-carrier-explainer

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/37081/why-doesnt-the-us-have-a-flag-carrier-airline

First of all if this your "definition" is correct that is not the proposal here. The proposal is not for a state owned airline

Second while I will not dspute your definition.

There is another definition which simply is

The counry of regisstration

Those exclusive rights talked about are MAINLY the right to fly into that country from ANY OTHER COUNTRY directly.

Any other aircraft can only in the case of the US enter the US directly from the country in which it it flagged. So British Airways cannot fly to New York from France directly
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Andy2274: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
Newpride:
Abati pls blame every rot in the Nigeria airways on the pdp.
They paralyzed every sector before pmb took over from them. These same fools who were in power for good 16 years and couldn’t achieve anything are still parading themselves as messiah and some Nigerians are still supporting them waiting for them to come back to power in 2019.
. Oga stop all these blame game. Did you fly Nigeria airways before 1999? Was pdp the cause of the crash in September 1992? Was it not after 1992 that Nigeria airways start having problems? Have you took time to read the clauses on this current national carrier? Every government that have come into power have done one thing or the other to revitalize the aviation sector not only apc. The dilapidated General Aviation Terminal(GAT) was built under pdp, MM2 was a private/government partnership built under pdp, the Hajj and cargo section was brought back to life under pdp and the new terminal building at MM1 too. Have you asked yourself how many aircraft are in place for the take off of national carrier? Don't read and conclude on what people wrote do some findings yourself or ask experts on the field. It doesn't matter who revitalise a dead company after all that is why we voted them in. Every government has it's own problem. I worked with an international airline for 5 years but they parked up and left because of the dollar wahala in 2016 November brought by this government. We don't care who bring back national carrier all we need is for Nigeria to have one. Let the Aviation minister be careful in his deals with private sector especially the foreigners so that they will not use Nigeria. It's a good idea and good move but we suppose to merge the 3 airlines that amcon is managing now to become national carrier.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
angry
FarahAideed:

You are contradicting yourselt

AA

Delta
have the privileges which include tthe right to fly directly into the US from anywhere in the world. That privilege is available to ANY airline registered in America.

So Delta can Fly into New York directly from Paris London And Beijing Whereas any other flag must touch down in its flag country and that gives Delta an edge with passengers wanting a direct flight

That is why we need a National carrier that works. It does not have to be state owned as long as it is Nigerian Flagged then it can fly direcctly into any European capital from Lagos which is a monopoly position non Nigerian flagged ailines cannot enjoy.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Gamesmart: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
Reuben Abati?

Let this crook shut up jor.

Barawo.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:

You are contradicting yourselt

AA

Delta
has the privileges which is tthe right to fly directly into the US from anywhere in the world. That privilege is available to ANY airline registered in America.

So Delta can Fly into New York directly from Paris London And Beijing Whereas any other flag must touch down in its flag country and that gives Delta an edge with assengers wanting a direct flight

That is why we need a National carrier that works. It does not have to be state owned as long as it is Nigerian Flagged then it can fly direcctly into any European capital from Lagos which is a monopoly position non Nigerian flagged ailines annot enjoy.

Don't you think you are butressing my point sir? Remember I am the one against a state owned airline ( which is exactly what Hadi is up to) ..I have always been of the opinion that our redundant ASA (Air Service Agreement) quotas be allocated to both Arik and Air peace and any other entrant who can can scale to get up to 6 wide body long range or extended range aircraft to ply such routes .... I believe Jonathan alloted part of our ASA quota to Arik to ply Gatwick and and another route to America before it failed due to a coterie of reasons ...
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

Don't you think you are butressing my point sir? Remember I am the one against a state owned airline ( which is exactly what Hadi is up to) ..I have always been of the opinion that our redundant ASA (Air Service Agreement) quotas be allocated to both Arik and Air peace and any other entrant who can can scale to get up to 6 wide body long range or extended range aircraft to ply such routes .... I believe Jonathan alloted part of our ASA quota to Arik to ply Gatwick and and another route to America before it failed due to a coterie of reasons ...
No he is not up to a state owned airline.

You are just talking without understanding what iis going on
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by FarahAideed: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
aribisala0:
No he is not up to a state owned airline.

You are just talking without understanding what iis going on

Okay sir tell me what is going on ?
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by aribisala0(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
FarahAideed:

Okay sir tell me what is going on ?

No grin grin

maybe you should have started there instead of sounding off so strongly as if you and Hadi drank pepper soup together las night

Seek first to understand then to be understood.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by Sakaslim(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
Andy2274:
. Oga stop all these blame game. Did you fly Nigeria airways before 1999? Was pdp the cause of the crash in September 1992? Was it not after 1992 that Nigeria airways start having problems? Have you took time to read the clauses on this current national carrier? Every government that have come into power have done one thing or the other to revitalize the aviation sector not only apc. The dilapidated General Aviation Terminal(GAT) was built under pdp, MM2 was a private/government partnership built under pdp, the Hajj and cargo section was brought back to life under pdp and the new terminal building at MM1 too. Have you asked yourself how many aircraft are in place for the take off of national carrier? Don't read and conclude on what people wrote do some findings yourself or ask experts on the field. It doesn't matter who revitalise a dead company after all that is why we voted them in. Every government has it's own problem. I worked with an international airline for 5 years but they parked up and left because of the dollar wahala in 2016 November brought by this government. We don't care who bring back national carrier all we need is for Nigeria to have one. Let the Aviation minister be careful in his deals with private sector especially the foreigners so that they will not use Nigeria. It's a good idea and good move but we suppose to merge the 3 airlines that amcon is managing now to become national carrier.

Thank you sir. Please educate them. Educated illetrates everywhere nowadays.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by ClintonDal(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
After seeing several posts on social media they've woken up to use this one and deceive the ignorant.
Useless country.
Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by SirBunky85(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
PMBfirstson:
Mr Ruben Abati, people like you are not suppose to be talking in this country, but all the way we have heard you well, and will continue cleaning up the mess your boss and his cohort were suppose to clean
abati might be among those dat embezzled public funds with gej but,he's so objective in his criticisms and evn sometimes,proffer solutions to some problems unlike dat bitter reno omokri who just criticize eveyything out of hatred.I appluad Abati for his insightful criticism

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways by brojoshua: 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
Those people have looted the glory of many generations to come. But now the looters are gathering again. But wherever looters are gathered, God scatter them by fire, by thunder and whirlwind. Also all the wealth of the people that they swallowed, God let them vomit by fire by thunder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG / Gunshots At APC Secretariat In Port-Harcourt As Thugs Clash. Photos / Tinubu Moves To Clear $10bn Forex Backlog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.