Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,716 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

How I Stopped Messi –enyeama - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How I Stopped Messi –enyeama (10125 Views)

Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Keshi Calls Enyeama, Mikel Obi, 21 Others For Ethiopia / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by cj2008: 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2010
jalether:

What's frustrating about this for the supporters and Enyeama himself, was the fact that his buffoon teammates didn't show the same level of desire

and will power to win last night.what's the motivation to make world class saves if the team will still lose in the end.

My brother d motivation is dat football scouts watching d game will mk contact after d tournament is over, Its gd 2 gv ur all, as u nvr knw whose watching, While his fellow team members were nt givin their best, he was at his best, Dats d diff b/t those dat gt good clubs and those who don`t,
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by SLIGHT(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2010
That match was just btwn enyeama and merci, heinze just happened to interfere
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by MELAA: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
Enyeama you really try. more effort in our subsequent matches
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Ranoscky(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
Infact dis tin don vex me too much so make i talk my mind.

To all doz clowns talking trash about Enyeama, may GOD punish u all. . .AMEN!

Afterall everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by rubi(f): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
I doff my hat for Enyeama he saved us from terrible shame. A beg brag joooo

Had it been that he had at least 4 good players like him we would have been smiling
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by hallo(f): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
Enyeama simply did a good job cheesy cheesy wink, and to the haters, since there is no good thing about you, you can not see any good thing in others cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by hauler: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
Good job Enyeama, now go and talk to your crappy defense to protect you more often. Messi wasn't supposed to be getting all those chances!
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by lizzybabe1(f): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
hallo:

Enyeama simply did a good job cheesy cheesy wink, and to the haters, since there is no good thing about you, you can not see any good thing in others cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Exactly.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Gayigaskia(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2010
the guy was surprisingly good against Argentina, but lets be honest the guy has cost us a lot in the past. i remember against the Tunisians in Abuja and against the Egyptians in Angola. He said he spend a lot of time watching Messi i hope he had spend more time watching all possible angles a ball could come to him with any striker. That way he would play this good all the time.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by johndavid1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2010
Gayigaskia:

the guy was surprisingly good against Argentina, but lets be honest the guy has cost us a lot in the past. i remember against the Tunisians in Abuja and against the Egyptians in Angola. He said he spend a lot of time watching Messi i hope he had spend more time watching all possible angles a ball could come to him with any striker. That way he would play this good all the time.
4get abt the past and focus on the present and the future my dear cool cool cool
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by hayyah(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
let's give kudos to the guy coz he deed a great job that day. although we lost that match, but i still appreciate the way our guys played that day. good job guys.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Ranoscky(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2010
Gayigaskia, what are u tryna say? are u now saying we should judge him with the blunders of the past? undecided

Omo make pastence be pastence, and make presentence be presentence abeg, afterall nobody is perfect. are u?
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Travelista(f): 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2010
PROJECT:

i have realized that every treatment meted out to nigerian abraod is because of the way we sell out ourselves,just look at how some silly people who cannot achieve half of what this guys have achieved sit that and are keyboard happy ,exibiting thier senseless worth,that is why we have the kind of leaders we have because they dont see any good in us afterall we dont even see any good in ourselves,i have heard great comments made about enyeama internationally and what senseless ingrates say on this blog doesnt matter,keep fooling

Preach! I'm getting tired of this mentality. We're quick to glorify an outsider but when our own accomplishes the same feat, we abuse them. Haba!
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by ud4u: 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
The guy try shaa, we no fit denyam jare.

Bad belle people na waa for una. One Nigeria
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by beninman1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
Just seen in today's Daily Mirror (UK) that Messi praised Vincent for keeping him at bay with six fine saves while speaking to Daily Mirror.
He said 'The keeper was phenomenal and i congratulate him. The important thing is that we created chances and we are perfectly happy'.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Rastamann: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2010
Weda his bragging or not, it was surely his day and indeed save Nigeria from an Angentine disgrace.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by adconline(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2010
great people believe in hard work and determination, while non-achievers believe in luck and miracles. which one are you?
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by mamagee3(f): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2010
Enyeama did a brilliant job unlike his playmates who went to the field to watch Messi play and show off his skills.

If his playmates were reasonable, they would have studied Argentina's performance over the years and tightened up their defense.

Instead they chose to be bunch of losers.
embarassed
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by EzeUche(m): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2010
Enyeama really played well.

The same cannot be said of his defenders! angry
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by binaflexia: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2010
NIGERIANS AND THEIR BAD BELLEH, YOU WILL NEVEER APPRECIATE YOUR BROTHER, SOME OF INA NO EVEN BELIV SAY ANY BETTER THING FIT COME FROM 9JA, HABAAA, AFTER SHOUTING THAT WE WILL BE DISGRACED BY THE ARGENTINES, THEY TURNED OUT WINNING US BY MISTAKE,
INSTEAD OF YOU GUYS TO APPRECIATE OUR SUPER EAGLES, INA DEY HERE DEY TALK TRASH, ENYEAMA WAS AWESOME INFACT HE WAS SPLENDID

My broda next time put off ur CAPS lock. U hear?

Let him brag. He try wella.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by sammytb(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2010
Eyeama, U get mouth jo, !
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by mamagee3(f): 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^ grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by youngbest(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
I hav always luvd Enyeama as a player he has always given his best for S.E and pls its not impossible to watch 20 barca mathes i watched more dan 20 barca and madrid matches plus all Chelsea matches and ac milan and also man u thanks to viewing center. Enyeama tanks and more power 2 u.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by infohenry(m): 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
sammytb:

Eyeama,  U get mouth jo, !
Why not, i dont know why we dont appreciate our own, Enyema stopped world no1 player from recording a world cup goal, he was praised by the player himself and so want cant here flaunt his CV Cos he got what Almunia and casilas is looking for "HOW TO STOP MESSI"
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Kgdavid(m): 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2010
hauler:

Good job Enyeama, now go and talk to your crappy defense to protect you more often. Messi wasn't supposed to be getting all those chances!

who in turn should talk to their crappy midfield to protect them more often
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Jarus(m): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
Vincent did a great job. To stop Messi one-one three times is a career achievement. I'm not aware any CL or La Liga keeper has been able to do this, yes, stopping Messi one-on-one three times in a match. Yes, Mourinho stopped him, but not by keeper. He was kept away from even reaching keeper. The defence, and to some extent, the midfield, did the job for Mourinho, not keeper. Messi was not given chance to come near keeper in those matches. Messi hardly missed one-on-one.

Big credit to Enyeama. By now, I think his market value will increase.

Big credit to Messi too. He has proved that even if a coach spends one week strategizing on how to keep him at check, he will have his way. Or how else dow e describe teh way he did those trademark meandering. Messi is a football genuis. I'm now convinced he's better than Ronaldinho.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by mystikal(m): 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2010
Enyeama did brilliant.

However, any keeper can be a good shot stopper, but a great keeper is one who shows good judgement and a quick decision maker on a consistent level.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Gayigaskia(m): 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Ronascky

Gayigaskia, what are u tryna say? are u now saying we should judge him with the blunders of the past? 

Omo make pastence be pastence, and make presentence be presentence abeg, afterall nobody is perfect. are u?

I never claim to be perfect, what i was doing was just praying for him to continue this way. After all i am praying Nigeria will go as far as possible. Remember you have to master your pass to eventually thrive in the future and that's all i'am talking about.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Gayigaskia(m): 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Aqbar
You probably didn't watch those games i was talking about. Some people here on NL almost had heart attack those days.
Truth must be told = Gayigaskiya.
It looks like you are new member on this forum . if you think i'am gay then bring me someone from your household she will tell the next day that i'am not one.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by kenuoyibo(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
well, if enyeama continues at this pace. he will surely get a good club in europe, because scouts are watching him. world cup is the best place to sell yourself as a player, apart from champion's league as a player.
i wish a successful outing in subsequent matches.
Re: How I Stopped Messi –enyeama by Kgdavid(m): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2010
seriously although i had doubts about Enyeama's quality on the international stage he has always been my favorite eagles player simply for his charisma. he has this very animated sort of character and a way of behaving that shows he is a big boy, three cheers for Vincent Enyeama, a super cool dude!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fans Stabbed Ahead Of Europa League Clash Between Lazio & Sevilla / Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup / Nigeria Vs South Africa (7 - 3) (COPA Lagos 2011)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.