Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 (32432 Views)

Reactions As SS3 Student Buys Benz / Which Mathematics Textbook Is Best For Primary School Pupils? / Which Further Mathematics Textbook Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by ITbomb(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2018
Are they no longer using Channon and Smith?
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:22am On Jul 20, 2018
Comphrensive And General Mathematic.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by CSTR1005: 7:22am On Jul 20, 2018
Comprehensive mathematics too is good.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Homeboiy: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2018
Algebra, calculus and Trigonometry by p. o Ekoko
hahajha u go confuse tire
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Wisedove(m): 7:25am On Jul 20, 2018
Comprehensive mathematics is the best maths textbook I used so far.

New general mathematics, essential mathematics and the likes are not strait forward because they will do some workings without even giving the reason behind it but Comprehensive will tell you the rational behind it.

Note :
I used all of the above mentioned textbooks that's why I know the best.

Comprehensive mathematics for maths and A1 English for English language.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Thukzee01(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2018
Comprehensive Mathematics is best

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by omicron(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2018
Comprehensive Mathematics. Very self explanatory, you don't need a teacher. I Finished it in one long hols (2 months) and Maths was even clearer. Never had below a B since then. This was way back in 2000 or so (18 years ago). I believe it should still be same now as such books never really change.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by LarryBeryl(m): 7:31am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
I need to know a maths txtbook i cab buy for an Ss3 student that one can easily understand and has a lot of examples in it and also covers all ss3 maths topics.
Note: The person isn't really good @ maths so we need a really txtbook that explains well with enough examples.

Comprehensive mathematics
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Henrybright(m): 7:32am On Jul 20, 2018
Go for either New General mathematics SSS1-3 or you buy comprehensive Mathematics text book. Either of the two will give you exactly what you want. I used the two back in secondary school and I can say they are the best available.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 20, 2018
Essential mathematics or comprehensive mathematics.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Akolawole(m): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2018
It depends on the level of the student.

At what level is the said student operating in maths now?

What is his/ her mission? Is it to JUST pass or to FOREVER know the the thinking behind mathematics?

Up till today, mathematics still remain the easiest subject!
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by chii8(f): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2018
Please, for a child who wants to prepare for federal entrance examination, what books is needed?

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by sabi99(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2018
u should get these for the person....new general maths(ss1, ss2 and ss3), comprehensive mathematics, new school mathematics and also mathematics ssce past questions...do not forget to add kA Stroud engineering maths......the person should read em all and thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Wisedove(m): 7:41am On Jul 20, 2018
omicron:
Comprehensive Mathematics. Very self explanatory, you don't need a teacher. I Finished it in one long hols (2 months) and Maths was even clearer. Never had below a B since then. This was way back in 2000 or so (18 years ago). I believe it should still be same now as such books never really change.
I'm telling you my brother.
Back in the days when I'm still using some Yeye textbooks my sss1 first term was terrible for me in mathematics not until my brother gave me his used Comprehensive mathematics,went over it all through the holiday when we resumed the second term my maths teacher was like "Wisedove come, so you can be this good in mathematics and you're dulling yourself before. Enh? Baba yi only God can deliver you "

My brother since I start dating Comprehensive mathematics I overtook all the gurus in my class except for one witch girl like this grin though we became of friends and ruled the class all through. wink

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by janefrances01(f): 7:44am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
Please does the new school mathematics have all ss3 topics and a lot of examples aslo is it better than new general mathematicsand master mathematics and are you selling it @ xsem

Mynd44
lalasticlala
seun
new school mathematics is better for me because it contains more topics than new general mathematics
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by phemmyfour: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
I need to know a maths txtbook i cab buy for an Ss3 student that one can easily understand and has a lot of examples in it and also covers all ss3 maths topics.
Note: The person isn't really good @ maths so we need a really txtbook that explains well with enough examples.
If you are brilliant: New General Mathematics

If you are not: others
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by 50pseamer(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2018
Sister please go and buy comprehensive mathematics and waec past questions for him. That is all he needs, that is what i used during my days and it was very good. However he should study and understand it from.back to back. In case he needs something for English A1 in English is also very good, used this books in my SS3 days and cleared both Maths and English in both WAEC and NECO they are very self explanatory.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Francixchinex(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
Go for "HIDDEN FACTS IN MATHEMATICS"
That is the best text book that covers all mathematics topics with solved examples of waec past questions.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by DonMekino(m): 7:48am On Jul 20, 2018
Essential Mathematics, New Gen mathematics

But the problem is not the text, am a maths teacher and as a teacher u have to make internet ur friend and be updated regularly and see maths problems from the perspectives of other students and teachers all over the world, the textbook is just a guide
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by SportingArena: 7:49am On Jul 20, 2018
chii8:
Please, for a child who wants to prepare for federal entrance examination, what books is needed?

Thanks in anticipation.
Get Basic Points in Mathematics,General Paper and Mathematics.That is the surest bet
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by quisera(m): 7:51am On Jul 20, 2018
Hidden Facts in Mathematics
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by afezy110(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2018
STANDARD MATHEMATICS IS THE BEST MATHS TEXTBOOK I'VE SEEN FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL. IT'S BETTER THAN NEW GENERAL MATHS. BUT IT'S BETTER TO HAVE BOTH
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by predatorX: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:

Advanced calculus 2

or A. R BASU

You will thank me later when she starts speaking with the gods.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by iaamxavier(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2018
Lamlard mathematic

Best ever and so simplified and explanatory
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by superjaks(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2018
Xsem:
Buy hidden facts in mathematics ,without going to school you will score not less than b3 in maths
We also have hidden facts in further mathematics

We have k.A Stroud with dexter an engineering mathematics. It has all this basic further maths and maths.

Then check new school mathematics

I don't have the picture of the hidden facts,but it has an orange cover though.It can be very effective when you are maths olodo.Even Stroud and the new school.

Oga don't recommend K. A Stroud for an olodo in maths, they don't av much examples

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Uyi168: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2018
New general mathematics is a no no for me..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by MrErudite(m): 8:00am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:

OP I no sabi anything in Mathematics during my SS1 to SS2 Until my classmate introduced to me One textbook call "Comprehensive Mathematics", The txbk changed my life in Mathematics from that txbk I know say Mathematics is very Easy.

it's brown in color
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by badjack(m): 8:00am On Jul 20, 2018
Comprehensive mathematics is the best book.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Xsem(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:
Tanks Dear new school it is

Please make sure you buy hidden facts in mathematics. That book is a self study series. It is wonderful.
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by emanobis(m): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2018
Optionally:

Comprehensive Mathematics will give u a good guide
Add Eng Maths by K.A Stroud if ur head cn carry it
Re: What Is The Best Mathematics Textbook For SS3 by Spuggie: 8:04am On Jul 20, 2018
crafteck:
And this made fp

really? So what type of topics should make fp? Let me guess, the topics promoting tribal e-wars, whipping up religious sentiments or promoting nudity and celebrities with their fake lives. Weldone sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

16 Facts About David Akanmu, UNILAG 5.0 CGPA Graduate / Bad State Of UNN Boys Hostel.... (some Pics Might Be Graphic O) / Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.