Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:05 AM

Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 (1548 Views)

Jimoh Aliu ‘Aworo’ Dies At 86 / Grace Oyelude Celebrates Her 87th Birthday, Chidinma Aaron Visits Her (Photos) / Grace Oyelude Looking Graceful At 86, Years After Winning First Miss Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 by PalmchatApp: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
Grandmother, Grace Atinuke, born November 16, 1931, is known to be the first ever Miss Nigeria, having won the pageant — also the maiden edition — in 1957.

Though she hails from Kogi State, Grandma Oyelude was born in Kano to James Adeleye Olude and Marthan Dantu, who both hail from Isanlu, present day Kogi State.

The story of how she became the first Miss Nigeria is as riveting as her enigmatic personality, even in her advanced old age.

Miss Nigeria started in 1957 as a photo contest, whereby contestants posted photographs of themselves to The Daily Times headquarters in Lagos. Finalists were shortlisted, and successful finalists were invited to compete in the live final at the Lagos Island Club.

Source: http://aftrending.com/meet-the-first-ever-miss-nigeria-grace-oyelude-who-still-rocks-at-86/

Re: Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 by fruitty07(f): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2018
Black don't really crack!!!
Mama is still very pretty.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 by malificent(f): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
She contested when beauty pageantry was legit not now when you have to pay or bleep your way to the crown.
Way to go ma!!!!
Re: Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
I hope some pervert nairalanders, baby oil gang wont come and call her MILF.
Re: Meet The First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Who Still Rocks At 86 by Alwaysking: 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
Damn

(1) (Reply)

I Want My Husband To F**k Me 30 Different Positions- Cardi B Says / American Model, Symba Declares Love For Nigeria After Meeting Osinbajo (photo) / You’re A Failure If You’re 25 And Still Staying With Your Parents - Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.