Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) (81419 Views)

NDIC Places Properties Of 8 Liquidated Mfbs For Sale (see List) / Nigerian Naira Fast Becoming The Weakest Currency In Africa / Lady Finds Biafran Currency In Her Father's Cupboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by MENTORCH(m): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2018
stefanjaeger:
This is one of the area where Buhari led administration goofed..Adeosun and Emefile messed up our economy with policies that got backfired and they are finding it so tough to redeem till date. As much as I hate to admit it, PDP had a superior economy management team compared to the inexperienced APC team. Naira could not have gone this bad if Buhari had worked with the experience of Okonjo Iweala. Fact everybody had to reckon with is that Okonjo Iweala ain't an overrated economist.

Thank you for this post, they messed up the economy and they are blaming oil. Oil was 50 during Obasanjo’s regime and dollar was around 150 or so.Stupid policies made dollar to be scarce and demand to increase, I’m glad he will get out of there next year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Alexpetra: 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
hisgrace090:
What is the giant of Africa doing in that list?

Giant for mouth!
Broda been in the list make us The giant of Africa

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by divinevie(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
Fahrenhite:
Na to pack all my life savings naira run go Guinea be that. Sense will not kill me.
i follow ur lead jor....it’s good to be a millionaire no matter the currency....
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
I see alot of ignorance and lack of understanding of simple economics, if you think because 1 cedis is 75naira, then it's stronger than Naira, then you must be highly ignorant

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Sexydon3: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
Oritzy:
Ghana cedis is one of the strongest in Africa..
ghana cedis is even weaker than naira... naria has more value than cedis

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by sneedpahpaz(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there
Its like a hundred naira to one Ghanian cedi on the market now knw...ow low d once mighty naira has fallen.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by sneedpahpaz(m): 11:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
Sexydon3:
ghana cedis is even weaker than naira... naria has more value than cedis
Where did u hear or read that from? U must still be living in d past. Na lyk #100 naira to one cedi now

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by HarryDuce(m): 11:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
Whoever compiled this does not have any sense at all. As well as the foolish in support
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Win95: 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
1 US dollar = 112 Japanese yen.
1 Japanese yen = 3 naira.
This currency stuff doesnt work the way most people think, because you cant compare the economy of Japan with that of ours.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Imustreturn(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
Zimbabwe unko not in first 10.. Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
Jethrolite:
Ghana did decimalisation, their currency was also crap. It is just a cosmetic job. With decimalisation N100 can become N1, at current rate N3:60k will be equal to a dollar, Yar Adua tried doing it but it was rejected by Nigerians.
It was rejected by our political leaders
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by objobj: 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
cyndy1000:
Even Ghana isn't there

When soludo wanted to apply the Ghanaian style during yaradua, was it not your stupid PDP people that killed it?
Redenomination
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Gliding(m): 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
karllemah44:
If DAT Zimbabwean currency is not here then dis list is nonsense

Instead of our people to do a simple internet search to confirm, they chose to believe the worst about their own country.
As if it's not obvious enough that this post is filled with lies.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Louis005(m): 11:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
The list is not complete if Zimbabwe currency is not there.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:13am On Jul 19, 2018
karllemah44:
If DAT Zimbabwean currency is not here then dis list is nonsense

You are out of date

Right now zimbabwe doesnt have its own
Currency, we use the US$ & SA rand
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Fahrenhite(m): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2018
divinevie:
i follow ur lead jor....it’s good to be a millionaire no matter the currency....

I dey tell you. No joy for this Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by chibuzorAbia: 12:28am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
This is one of the area where Buhari led administration goofed..Adeosun and Emefile messed up our economy with policies that got backfired and they are finding it so tough to redeem till date. As much as I hate to admit it, PDP had a superior economy management team compared to the inexperienced APC team. Naira could not have gone this bad if Buhari had worked with the experience of Okonjo Iweala. Fact everybody had to reckon with is that Okonjo Iweala ain't an overrated economist.

You are a big fool. If you know how economics and economy works you won't make this sentimental, unintelligent comments.

Do speak about a subject you know nothing about. She was the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by chibuzorAbia: 12:31am On Jul 19, 2018
FearlessDapsin:
Nigeria, a country cursed with very sadistic and useless sets of citizens. Any positive news about Nigeria is hastily dismissed as a lie or propaganda while every negative news about this great country of ours is heartily welcomed and masturbated over with joy. And such people expect Nigeria to work for them Mtcheew

Calm down, it is the igbos.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Sirjamo: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
Get out of here. Ordinary elementary economics, you don't know. Your useless pdp had twice amount of forex to push into the system, due to higher earnings from oil sales.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by MrMacinterchi1: 12:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Pls ooo, I don't understand this list oo. How can Zimbabwean dollar not listed?
I even opened this trend to see them top the list - I doubt the judgement of these researchers on this.

Zimbabwean dollar.. Mbanu!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Burgerlomo: 1:04am On Jul 19, 2018
Niyeal:
I Kno My Naija Naira Wil Be There,
First To Comment,
Shower Me With Likes Now

Before nko, I will sue the peeps who compile the list if Naira no dey dia cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by karllemah44(m): 1:07am On Jul 19, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

You are out of date

Right now zimbabwe doesnt have its own
Currency, we use the US$ & SA rand
okay I've heard you sir...didn't know it had gotten that bad for Zimbabweans, God will see you people through

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by LZAA: 1:33am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
Tell that to the afonjics who brought in a certificate dodger and insisted on her being female grin
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by LZAA: 1:36am On Jul 19, 2018
Sirjamo:
Get out of here. Ordinary elementary economics, you don't know. Your useless pdp had twice amount of forex to push into the system, due to higher earnings from oil sales.
Pdp ruled for 16 years during which it had three different presidents
During which it had to settle or negotiate its way out of debts to the paris club
Look if u must bow to the caliphate we understand but facts are there in the open
Cc immhotep pointzerom iceberg3 GMBuharii

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by LZAA: 1:37am On Jul 19, 2018
chibuzorAbia:

Calm down, it is the igbos.
Did ur igbo wife leave u? grin
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:42am On Jul 19, 2018
Oritzy:
Ghana cedis is one of the strongest in Africa..

Lies,because they add more zeros.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by ADADAB: 1:47am On Jul 19, 2018
LIAR!!!!!
Top 10 Weakest Currencies In Africa 2018 1. Sao Tome and Principe Dobra Exchange rate: 1 USD = 20808 STD The Sao tome and principle’s currency is called Dobra. It is a very weak currency in the international market and exchanges at a value of 20808 to a dollar. To buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, you’ll need roughly 19,000 Dobra! Sao Tome and principe Dobra – The Lowest Currency In Africa 2. Guinean Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 8998 GNF Guinea is a country located in West Africa. It’s currency, the Guinea Franc, is the second weakest currency in Africa. Currently the Guinea Franc exchanges at the rate of 8,998 Guinea Franc to a US Dollar. You’ll need roughly 4,400 Guinea Franc to get a cool bottle of Coca-Cola. 3. Sierra Leonean Leone Exchange rate: 1 USD = 7670 SLL Leone is the name of the currency used in Sierra Leone. Sierra Leone Leone is currently on the number three spot on our list of top 10 weakest currencies in Africa. Plagued by trade deficit (import>export) and this has considerably affected its currency in the international market. The Leone exchanges at the rate of 7,670 Leone against the US Dollar. To buy a bottle of my favorite drink in Sierra Leone, you’ll need around 3,200 Leone. 4. Ugandan Shilling Exchange rate: 1 USD =3603 UGX The trade deficit is a major cause of the weakness of the Uganda currency. The country import more than they export and this cause the number of funds flowing out of the country to be more than the amount coming in. The Uganda currency, the shilling, exchanges against the US Dollar at the rate of 3,603 Uganda Shilling to a US Dollar. To purchase a bottle of Coca-Cola in Uganda, you’ll need around 2,000 shillings! 5. Malagasy Ariary Exchange rate: 1 USD = 3199.65 Ariary Madagascar is another country known for its weak currency. Though the economy of Madagascar is tied to resource extraction which should have boosted its economy, due to lack of investors, its growth has been stunted. The country’s currency, Ariary, exchanges at the rate of 3,199.65 Ariary to the US Dollar and to get a cool bottle of Coca-Cola, one would need around 1700 Ariary. 6. Tanzanian Shilling Exchange rate: 1 USD = 2234 shilling One often wonder why a country as politically stable as Tanzania with its large economy being among the country’s with the weakest currency in Africa, sadly that’s the case. The Tanzanian Shilling exchanges at a rate of 2234 Tanzanian Shilling to the US Dollar. And to cool yourself down with a bottle of Coca-Cola, you’ll need roughly 1100 Tanzanian shilling. 7. Burundian Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 1749 BIF In spite of the government’s strict regulations to protect the Burundian currency from becoming almost worthless, no definite progress has been made. The currency still remains as poor as it was. The currency exchanges at a rate of 1,749 Burundian Franc to the US Dollar and one would need about 900 Burundian Franc to exchange for a bottle of Coca-Cola. 8. Congolese Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 1596 Congolese franc Congo one of Africa’s largest copper producer has one of the weakest currency in the world. This is partly due to the low prices of copper in the international market and improper management of mines. The Congolese Franc exchanges at the rate of 1,596 Franc to the US Dollar. Give the vendor 800 Franc and you’ll get a cool bottle of the world most famous drink! 9. Rwandan Franc Exchange rate: 1 USD = 855.56 RWF Rwanda started issuing its currency in 1960 and since then it has not been performing up to standard hence falling into a list of the top 10 weakest currency in Africa. The Rwanda Franc exchanges at the rate of 855.56 Rwanda Franc to the US Dollar. You’ll need roughly 500 Franc to get a bottle of Coca-Cola. 10. Malawian Kwacha Exchange rate: 1 USD = 722 Malawian kwacha Malawi first issued it currency called the Malawian pound but in 1971, it changed it currency to Kwacha. The currency has not been performing well in the international market despite the government’s efforts. The Malawian currency, Kwacha, exchanges at the rate of 722 Kwacha to the US Dollar. To get a bottle of your favorite drink, Coca-Cola, in Malawi, you’ll need around 320 Kwacha. The reason why most investors are afraid to invest in the economy of these countries due to the regular fluctuations of their currency. The economies are very unstable and so are the currency! We’ve tried as much as possible to give you the accurate exchange rate but note that these values are constantly changing and if you’ll like to get the current exchange rate of any of the currency stated here, you can visit the country’s central bank website.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by udo2018: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2018
Homeboiy:
And today Buhari asked Senate to approved

248. something billion

U go fear say naija get this kind money and I no see 20# buy sugar
Don't waste this raw talent of yours o.
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:13am On Jul 19, 2018
karllemah44:
okay I've heard you sir...didn't know it had gotten that bad for Zimbabweans, God will see you people through

Things like this research 1st

Based on that i can clearly say you are 10 years behind on zim current affairs
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by Billygee2u: 2:42am On Jul 19, 2018
stefanjaeger:
Re: Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List) by karllemah44(m): 3:18am On Jul 19, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

Things like this research 1st

Based on that i can clearly say you are 10 years behind on zim current affairs
yea you're right, I gotta deal with my countries sh*t first

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Inside Tony Ezenna House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos (Pictures) / Can 200,000 Naira Start A Good Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.