Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Hustlers Selling The Wrong Things Are Doomed To Fail - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hustlers Selling The Wrong Things Are Doomed To Fail (558 Views)

Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? / Nigeria’s Refusal To Devalue Naira Likely To Fail, Again - Bloomberg / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hustlers Selling The Wrong Things Are Doomed To Fail by revontuli(f): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2018
I was on a Greek island on vacation and noticed a lot of African hustlers on the beach. These folks were dressed in long trousers and button down shirts in that sweltering heat, and I noticed they weren't getting any sales. Guess what they were selling on the beach? WATCHES! Why the hell would anyone buy watches on a beach?

A smart hustler would sell cold drinks, ice cream, chilled fruits, perhaps those battery-powered pocket fans. The beach cafe was too long a walk and it sucked to walk there in that heat.

These guys would make killing if they were selling some cold drinks, chilled fruits, ice cream or some devices for cooling down in that terrible heat, but they were selling something nobody wanted and all of them selling the same thing to boot! People seemed annoyed with them and no one bought a single watch all day. I don't know where they were from but I they had a French-influenced accent so I'm guessing Senegalese. I wonder how they are able to eat with such a terrible business idea!
Re: Hustlers Selling The Wrong Things Are Doomed To Fail by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
grin

They might have a different mission there. I do not think they are stupid. You will be shocked to know about their real mission there. I do not think they are there to sell any wrist watch.

1 Like

Re: Hustlers Selling The Wrong Things Are Doomed To Fail by revontuli(f): 7:14am On Jul 23, 2018
It's an island and not a big one. There are very few Africans. Doing illegal stuff would be even dumber.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland, Are We, Mart.ng Doing Too Much? Story Of Our Recent Grocery Delivery / Pilling Sheet 12mm Length, 30" Width, 12mm Thickness / Please Where Can I Get This Type Of Envelope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.