Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria (3122 Views)

Kano Youths Give 2 Day Ultimatum For Yorubas and Ibos To Leave Kano / PDP Convention: South-east, North-east Delegates Split Over Saraki, Atiku / Split In R-APC As Saraki Moves To Join Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by izombie(m): 8:43am On Jul 19, 2018
This is purely my own thinking. I believe that the yorubas will benefit the most if nigeria were to split. With lagos alone any country can stand. You already have industries/companies in the south west, you have seaport and international airport. You have international companies based in the south west and you have lagos. Oduduwa republic can become the most powerful in africa if managed well. I still don't understand why the yorubas still want to remain in nigeria with nigeria the way it is. What do the yorubas stand to lose if nigeria splits? Nigeria isn't working and will never work as it is. As an igbo man, when i look at what will happen if nigeria splits i see that the yorubas are already placed for such an occurence. So why aren't they pushing for that?? Is there something i am missing here?
NB. This is just my personal opinion.. No insults intended. If you have a different view to mine please share without insults.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by limeta(f): 9:05am On Jul 19, 2018
Free Niger delta oil money
Fear of fulani caliphat
Akintola of muric comes to mind .

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by izombie(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2018
limeta:
Fear of fulani caliphat
lol. They can still be so much more without the oil money.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by otosa(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2018
There is nothing Yoruba will lose if Nigeria split but we don't need that because one region depends on others but through real federalism everything will be taking care of. The example is United Kingdom. In UK, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland stand on their own which everyone is governing herself. Look at this world cup, other three countries did not qualified apart of England and UK did not put the bording on other countries because nothing concerned them. I think regionalism is the best for this country because we will still be useful to each other in future and with that Africa will also benefit from it.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by izombie(m): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2018
otosa:
There is nothing Yoruba will lose if Nigeria split but we don't need that because one region depends on others but through real federalism everything will be taking care of. The example is United Kingdom. In UK, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland stand on their own which everyone is governing herself. Look at this world cup, other three countries did not qualified apart of England and UK did not put the bording on other countries because nothing concerned them. I think regionalism is the best for this country because we will still be useful to each other in future and with that Africa will also benefit from it.
i hear you. But the hausa fulani can never agree to regionalism. They can't refuse everything they don't want. So how do we change that?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2018
izombie:
This is purely my own thinking. I believe that the yorubas will benefit the most if nigeria were to split. With lagos alone any country can stand. You already have industries/companies in the south west, you have seaport and international airport. You have international companies based in the south west and you have lagos. Oduduwa republic can become the most powerful in africa if managed well. I still don't understand why the yorubas still want to remain in nigeria with nigeria the way it is. What do the yorubas stand to lose if nigeria splits? Nigeria isn't working and will never work as it is. As an igbo man, when i look at what will happen if nigeria splits i see that the yorubas are already placed for such an occurence. So why aren't they pushing for that?? Is there something i am missing here?
NB. This is just my personal opinion.. No insults intended. If you have a different view to mine please share without insults.

Yorubas don't have any self determination, even if you give them all the economy of the world, they still will not be able to be on their own

Even their fathers chased the Oyo Empire from here to present day Togo just because they have to be with people.

Yoruba doesn't have what it takes to go it alone

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by justtoodark: 10:21am On Jul 19, 2018
chai....look desperation....ipobians sef....

get on una knees and kiss every yoruba butts in the world....maybe they will help una then....

kiiiikikikiki

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by justtoodark: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2018
una no dey shame....kissing butts upandan...northerners una beg,deltans now yorubas.....

chaiii...people of no shame and of no dignity....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2018
shocked we need each other than what you thought.
izombie:
Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by izombie(m): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Lipscomb:
shocked we need each other than what you thought.
how do we need each other?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2018
Because your so call Biafra republic can't do in isolation.
izombie:
how do we need each other?
Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by lastmessenger: 10:50am On Jul 19, 2018
justtoodark:
una no dey shame....kissing butts upandan...northerners una beg,deltans now yorubas.....

chaiii...people of no shame and of no dignity....
you were created for the caliphate and will die for the caliphate and in the end you gain nothing. The real gainers are buying 50m bike and crashing it at will while you only stay here and rant online. Every right thinking human knows that the country is not working and will never work.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by otosa(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2018
gidgiddy:

Yorubas don't have any self determination, even if you give them all the economy of the world, they still will not be able to be on their own

Even their father chased the Oyo Empire from here to present day Togo j7st because they have to be with people.

Yoruba doesn't have what it takes to go it alone
I think you are making a mistake here, Yoruba people are asking for restructuring which will allow regional system of Government not to split like Igbos want it. But you are pointing finger on Yoruba but how many Igbo Governors want this development, apart of Governor of Bayelsa in South South and Governor of Anambra in South East, believe me others governor do not Support, instead they are asking for devolution of power.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by phase1: 11:36am On Jul 19, 2018
Lipscomb:
Because your so call Biafra republic can't do in isolation.

But they believe they can why not also believe your oduduwa can do same.Biafran pains shouldnt be yours.

Abi dem swear for oduduwa with perpetual dependence ni?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by otosa(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2018
izombie:
i hear you. But the hausa fulani can never agree to regionalism. They can't refuse everything they don't want. So how do we change that?
Forget about that, it's because we are not ready. Thank God, it was only South-east and South-west that asking for it before but as at today Four regions out if Six are asking for restructuring now. What happened is that we are not ready. If we push them they will give us what we want. Go to street and ask people about it some of our people don't know what the restructuring means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by gidgiddy: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
otosa:
I think you are making a mistake here, Yoruba people are asking for restructuring which will allow regional system of Government not to split like Igbos want it. But you are pointing finger on Yoruba but how many Igbo Governors want this development, apart of Governor of Bayelsa in South South and Governor of Anambra in South East, believe me others governor do not Support, instead they are asking for devolution of power.

Having your own separate country is much better than having your own separate Region. Yorubas are asking for less because they don't have the backbone to go for more.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by dawno2008(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nice write up,you have every right to use your brains,and that's more reason why the Africa continent is still backward.

Please can somebody tell me the population of wales,Scotland,and Ireland,and these places are called nations,just imagine the size and population of Iceland,still they are recognized in the league of nations.

But the problem with the black man is that he allows outsiders do the thinking for them,and most importantly the greed and wickedness of the Africa leaders.

The yoruba nation is about 40 million people,but they are still regarded as a tribe,whoes fault is that?
Simple, the fault of less than 5%of their greedy and self centered leader,who only think of themselves alone,

The same thing happened with Germany when the east and weat had issues,they agreed to go their separate ways and the Berlin wall was built
But after so many years and both sides realizes their potentials and accept to be one again the walls were brought down.

Though I'm not igbo, but I so much support their believe and aspirations,its not to create fear and panic but to create a healthy rivalry to infrastructure and economical growth,to the west Africa region,

I so much believe that all regions(country) would tap inward to access and grow either slowly or fastly.
But because of what the leaders are enjoying in their demonic and slave and master government,none would support this ideas.

Afri[color=#000000][/color]ca is on a long slumber and even it people.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by horsepower101: 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
Op I hate threads like this because it sounds like you are begging them to free themselves.

Nigeria as it is a far much more beneficial to yoruba regardless of whatever problems it has then what Yorubas can accomplish on their own.

Forget all the online bragging about how the have everything it take to make a great nation. The truth is that they don’t and they know it.

Check the development of yoruba areas outside of Nigeria.

I have done the calculation and realized that whether igbos stay in Nigeria or not, they will continue to dominate the economic activities and continue to maintain the biggest middle class.
Whom ever controls the economy of a nation owns that nation. Don’t worry, you will realize what I am saying as time goes on.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
phase1:

But they believe they can why not also believe your oduduwa can do same.Biafran pains shouldnt be yours.

Abi dem swear for oduduwa with perpetual dependence ni?
how old are you kid? No nation can do in isolation even the might America can't do in isolation. Talk on third world country.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by phase1: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
Lipscomb:
how old are you kid? No nation can do in isolation even the might America can't do in isolation. Talk on third world country.

Are americans begging to be united with china and russia because they don't want to be in isolation. You muslims and your anti-logic. Always pretending to be clever with an empty skull.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
grin Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people. Do you know America was made up with 13 colonies you can also say 13 territories.
phase1:

Are americans begging to be united with china and russia because they don't want to be in isolation. You muslims and your anti-logic. Always pretending to be clever with an empty skull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by izombie(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
dawno2008:
Nice write up,you have every right to use your brains,and that's more reason why the Africa continent is still backward.

Please can somebody tell me the population of wales,Scotland,and Ireland,and these places are called nations,just imagine the size and population of Iceland,still they are recognized in the league of nations.

But the problem with the black man is that he allows outsiders do the thinking for them,and most importantly the greed and wickedness of the Africa leaders.

The yoruba nation is about 40 million people,but they are still regarded as a tribe,whoes fault is that?
Simple, the fault of less than 5%of their greedy and self centered leader,who only think of themselves alone,

The same thing happened with Germany when the east and weat had issues,they agreed to go their separate ways and the Berlin wall was built
But after so many years and both sides realizes their potentials and accept to be one again the walls were brought down.

Though I'm not igbo, but I so much support their believe and aspirations,its not to create fear and panic but to create a healthy rivalry to infrastructure and economical growth,to the west Africa region,

I so much believe that all regions(country) would tap inward to access and grow either slowly or fastly.
But because of what the leaders are enjoying in their demonic and slave and master government,none would support this ideas.

Afri[color=#000000][/color]ca is on a long slumber and even it people.
you make so much sense. An average nigerian will support something just because someone at the top supports that same thing. They forget that the so called leader is only doing whats best for him. Example, if someone like tinubu were to come out and declare interest in oduduwa republic, you'd then see most yorubas echoing the same thing. Black man's mentality is very bad.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by izombie(m): 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
Lipscomb:
grin Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people. Do you know America was made up with 13 colonies you can also say 13 territories.
it doesn't matter what america was made up with. Fact is america is working, china is working, nigeria isn't. Doesn't something need to change?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by deomelo: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
limeta:
Fear of fulani caliphat

Lagos is the 5th largest Economy in Africa without SD oil money and last I checked, they have oil in the SW/Ondo and Lagos.

Lagos and Ogun are blessed with the largest industrial capacity in Nigeria and West Africa.

And the rest of your post is just the usual ipob rubbish.

@ topic, Yoruba people will make the right decision at the right when they are ready, not when Igbos and internet trolls cry and yell needlessly for them to do so.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by joeyfire(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
izombie:

The yorubas would easily be the ones who stand to gain the most but they can't leave Nigeria because there is an alliance between them and the north that was struck when Awo came out of jail in 1966. The north gets unrestricted access to the sea and the yorubas avoid war and partner with the north to rule Nigeria in a permanent junior partner capacity

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by deomelo: 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
joeyfire:

The yorubas would easily be the ones who stand to gain the most but they can't leave Nigeria because there is an alliance between them and the north that was struck when Awo came out of jail in 1966. The north gets unrestricted access to the sea and the yorubas avoid war and partner with the north to rule Nigeria in a permanent junior partner capacity

This is just ignorance, the North can not win any war against the SW and to say the region blessed with nearly all the riches, Lagos/crown jewel and the largest investment and industrial base in West Africa is a junior partner sounds more like a reflection of your own ignorance about your own country.

You people need to worry more about your worthless, unproductive and irrelevant villages

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by joeyfire(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
deomelo:

This is just ignorance, the North can not win any war against the SW and to say the region blessed with nearly all the riches, Lagos/crown jewel and the largest investment and industrial base in West Africa is a junior partner sounds more like a reflection of your own ignorance about your own country.

You people need to worry more about your worthless, unproductive and irrelevant villages

Shege Mr Eko Ile grin you are going nowhere! Abi you no sabi your history? Awo don sign am Tay Tay

"Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.

“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea."

http://saharareporters.com/2012/08/13/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by proeast(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
They are just afraid.
Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by deomelo: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
[s]
joeyfire:

Shege Mr Eko Ile grin you are going nowhere! Abi you no sabi your history? Awo don sign am Tay Tay

"Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.

“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea."

http://saharareporters.com/2012/08/13/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history
[/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent ipob rubbish bore me.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by loveth360(f): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
the only problem we yoruba have is...

Who will sight moon for us if we leave northerns, until we learn how to sight moon we are not leave nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas And The Split Of Nigeria by joeyfire(m): 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent ipob rubbish bore me.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC NEC Approves Direct Primaries At National & Indirect Primary At State Level / INEC Releases Statement On Atiku's $1million And Dubai House Gift To Adamawa REC / No Sensible Yoruba Man Will Fight Against Igbo Presidency In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.