Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Trinity And Identity Of God - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity And Identity Of God (11815 Views)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
Maamin:
OK! Let's agree on that then.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I just want us all not to contradict the scripture.
If there is a "right hand of the throne"
there equally must be a "left, bad or wrong hand side of the throne".
It's similar to the expression of wanting to be on someone's good side

Perfectbeing:
I believe in the Trinity. Not Trinity as 3 Gods.
But trinity as one God.
The invisible God.
God as a man. (Jesus)
The spirit of God. (The Holy Spirit)

I don't see those 3 as three Gods.
I see them as one God.
Why parked at trinity.
The Bible doesn't pigeonhole God into trinity.

We know and experience God, as God the Father, and Son of God. The demonstration of the God's power
is also known or experienced through the use of the Holy Spirit but that doesn't mean God is restricted or limited to those three persons
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Yea, that is true wink
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:

I know that God resides somewhere above his creation. I also know that God resides in Believers.
Jesus said in John 17:23; I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved

Ok
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
Maamin:

Hmmmmm

1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

That is the whole of Revelation 4
Where did it mentioned that it was Jesus apart from your own opinion here?

The next chapter will help you understand who was sitting anyways! Good luck! wink

Rev 5 introduces us to a lamb that was slain (Jesus) who took the book that was sealed with seven seals from He who sat on the throne. He is portrayed to us as "the Lamb in the midst of the throne." in Rev 7:17.

There is only one throne: God and the Lamb are not divided. The Lamb is God, and the interests of God and the Lamb are one. A further proof to the oneness of the lamb and He who sits on the throne is in Rev 5:11-13. All the creatures in heaven and on earth worshipped the one who sits on the throne and the lamb (read verse 13). Remember the commandments says no other God shall be worshipped except Him (the law applied no to only man but to angels). So you see. The lamb that was slain (Jesus) and he who sat on the throne are the same. They are one.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Why parked at trinity.
The Bible doesn't pigeonhole God into trinity.

We know and experience God, as God the Father, and Son of God. The demonstration of the God's power
is also known or experienced through the use of the Holy Spirit but that doesn't mean God is restricted or limited to those three persons

They are not three persons but one. That's what I'm trying to say.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:
They are not three persons but one.
That's what I'm trying to say.
If that's what you're trying to say, you're preaching to the choir then
because Maamin knows that, I know that, and those that know, know too Perfectbeing
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2018
The thing is that, the Bible didn't use the name God to refer to Jesus and Holy Spirit. So people drew conclusions that since this is so, then Jesus is different from God and the Holy Spirit is not God. Trying to let people see this Jesus, and this Holy Spirit as one and the same with God is what I'm doing. Probably I'm not supposed to use the word "Trinity" but maybe the reason is that I am Limited by English.
I don't know if you get...
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:
The thing is that, the Bible didn't use the name God to refer to Jesus and Holy Spirit. So people drew conclusions that since this is so, then Jesus is different from God and the Holy Spirit is not God. Trying to let people see this Jesus, and this Holy Spirit as one and the same with God is what I'm doing.
Probably I'm not supposed to use the word "Trinity" but maybe the reason is that I am Limited by English.
I don't know if you get...
God manisfested in three Persons is seen all over the bible,
but God is not limited or restricted to three Persons.

Limited by English, isnt a good enough reason
Do your best to win full approval in God's sight, as a worker who is not ashamed of his work, one who correctly teaches the message of God's truth.

What has been going on so far, is challenging a doctrine thats trying to make and/or have trinity be a be-all and end-all of God's existence.

Thrice in bible history, was God asked what His name is
On three separate occassions, God was asked of His name
Three different people in the course of bible narrative, asked God what His name is.
God never said what it is instead asking the reason why each wanted to know what His name is
The second person that asked was told, by God that His name is impossible to understand or comprehend
Do you know what the answer was, that God gave the third and last person that asked a similar question?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=69727506]God manisfested in three Persons is seen all over the bible,
but God is not limited or restricted to three Persons

What has been going on so far, is challenging a doctrine thats trying to make and/or have trinity be a be-all and end-all of God's existence.

Three different people in the course of bible narrative, asked God what His name is.
God never said what it is instead asking the reason why each wanted to know what His name is
The second person that asked was told, by God that His name is impossible to understand or comprehend
Do you know what the answer was, that God gave the third and last person that asked a similar question?

[/quote

Funnily enough, you just said God manisfested in three Persons. Three (tri)+ unity (oneness). One God in three persons.. One God in three manifestations. Trinity

But to you your question my answer is no. Please tell me
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:
No
C'mon now Perfectbeing, stop pulling my leg....
Of course, you know.
Dont be shy, going on, go ahead, just say it
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
C'mon now Perfectbeing, stop pulling my leg....
Of course, you know.
Dont be shy, going on, go ahead, just say it

"I am that I am"?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Do your best to win full approval in God's sight, as a worker who is not ashamed of his work, one who correctly teaches the message of God's truth.

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Sorry Sir . It looks like I'm trolling but I'm not.

Jesus admonishes us to make disciples, baptizing them in name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Not Father, Son, Holy Spirit and my other limitless manifestations..
My point exactly is that any other of God's manifestations is included in this "Father, Son and Holy Spirit"
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:
"I am that I am"?
I knew you were pulling my leg and know

Yes, Moses asked two questions, by saying:
Suppose I go to the Israelites
and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’
and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ What should I tell them?

God, here after, just like previous two other occasions ignored/declined saying what His name is
however He answers the second part of Moses' question
He told Moses, to say to the Israelites, that "I Am that I Am" sent him to them about liberating them from the Egyptian superpower of that time

Now the most interesting thing about "I Am that I Am" is that "I Am that I Am" is not a name.
It isnt even God's name
"I Am that I Am" is an expressive phrase,
simply addressing the second question in a telling and revealing way, whilst the first question is and was ignored

If God expresses Himself as "I Am that I Am", in order words "I will be what I will be", why limit Him to trinity?

Perfectbeing:
Sorry bro. it looks like I'm trolling but I'm not.

Jesus admonishes us to make disciples, baptizing them in name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Not Father, Son, Holy Spirit and my other limitless manifestations..
My point exactly is that any other of God's manifestations is included in this "Father, Son and Holy Spirit"
Perfectbeing, trust me when and if I say, you arent trolling

MuttleyLaff:
I honestly do feel like giving you a bear hug italö.
I just love your forthright honesty and admire your unashamed naivety

Where is or which verse, did you find this Trinitarian formula from?
and are you sure of the authenticity of this verse compared with the original text?

Did John the Baptist perform this your "invocation of the Holy Trinity" version for Jesus too?

Now, here is me answering any questions you have for me ...including and starting with the bold...

italö:
Matt28:19

MuttleyLaff:
Ouch! No!!
Tell me you didnt go for Matt 28:19
I knew you'll rise to that bait and go for Matt 28:19
but prayed and hope you would have the sense not to

italö:
We are following what Jesus and his apostles/Church taught and practised...including translations...

MuttleyLaff:
Whatever, is written, in the Bible, is not wrong.
I cant vouch, same, for the translations though.
An example, is your favourite
"Matthew 28:19"
where insertions or additions to the original text were made, to end up with what we presently have as "Matthew 28:19"
The above quotes, were exchanges posted 3 years ago, about Matthew 28:19

I reproduced them here because the exchanges are closely connected
and similar to the " Father, Son, Holy Spirit " Trinitarian formula, you in a relaxed manner, mentioned in your comment

Maybe you dont know, maybe you arent aware, maybe you havent found out
that what we have, as bible translations, even on to today, based on the politics, based on the agenda, based on the prevailing ignorance,
based on denominational doctrine, based on the holding to the tradition of men, based on the dogma, of the day,
have and have had numerous insertions, additions and inventions to the original text made to it.

Perfectbeing, Matthew 28:19, that you paraphrased in your comment, sadly is one of such and so is a victim of deliberate bible manipulation
It is glaring that someone so desperate to preach trinity as a doctrine, went to the great length of adding to Matthew 28:19 what was not, in the first instance, originally there

Maybe the perpetrator(s) isnt familiar with Proverbs 30:6, that says:
"Do not add to his words, or He will reprimand you, and you will be found to be a liar."
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I knew you were pulling my leg and know

Yes, Moses asked two questions, by saying:
Suppose I go to the Israelites
and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’
and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ What should I tell them?

God, here after, just like previous two other occasions ignored/declined saying what His name is
however He answers the second part of Moses' question
He told Moses, to say to the Israelites, that "I Am that I Am" sent him to them about liberating them from the Egyptian superpower of that time

Now the most interesting thing about "I Am that I Am" is that "I Am that I Am" is not a name.
It isnt even God's name
"I Am that I Am" is an expressive phrase,
simply addressing the second question in a telling and revealing way, whilst the first question is and was ignored

If God expresses Himself as "I Am that I Am", in order words "I will be what I will be", why limit Him to trinity?

Perfectbeing, trust me when and if I say, you arent trolling

The above quotes, were exchanges posted 3 years ago, about Matthew 28:19

I reproduced them here because the exchanges are closely connected
and similar to the " Father, Son, Holy Spirit " Trinitarian formula, you in a relaxed manner, mentioned in your comment

Maybe you dont know, maybe you arent aware, maybe you havent found out
that what we have, as bible translations, even on to today, based on the politics, based on the agenda, based on the prevailing ignorance,
based on denominational doctrine, based on the holding to the tradition of men, based on the dogma, of the day,
have and have had numerous insertions, additions and inventions to the original text made to it.

Perfectbeing, Matthew 28:19, that you paraphrased in your comment, sadly is one of such and so is a victim of deliberate bible manipulation
It is glaring that someone so desperate to preach trinity as a doctrine, went to the great length of adding to Matthew 28:19 what was not, in the first instance, originally there

Maybe the perpetrator(s) isnt familiar with Proverbs 30:6, that says:
"Do not add to his words, or He will reprimand you, and you will be found to be a liar."

OK. But do you have an idea where I can get the original Bible from (maybe a shop, App or website). And also can you tell me what the original Matthew 28:19 says.. It's geninue question o..
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

And Sir, can you also show me the 1st 2 instances on where God was asked of His name? Thanks sir
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

So sir, any advice on what I should say if I'm asked who's God? who's Jesus? and who's the Holy Spirit? I'll do my own thorough research too but I seek you opinion Sir.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
If that's what you're trying to say, you're preaching to the choir then
because Maamin knows that, I know that, and those that know, know too Perfectbeing

Thank you, wink
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2018
Maamin:

Was there anything made without the ONE whom the WORd proceeds from?
you shouldn't ve quoted me if you have no answer to my question.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2018
[quote author=Perfectbeing post=69726382]

Rev 5 introduces us to a lamb that was slain (Jesus) who took the book that was sealed with seven seals from He who sat on the throne. He is portrayed to us as "the Lamb in the midst of the throne." in Rev 7:17.

Are these ones also God? Because they are in the midst of the throne too

Rev 4:6 6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Rev 5 is continuation of Rev 4, I already asked you to read it to grasp the concept.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2018
solite3:
you shouldn't ve quoted me if you have no answer to my question.

Sorry, but I must have striked at least an atom of truth inside of you cheesy

No wonder they say "truth is bitter" grin

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2018
[quote author=Maamin post=69732794][/quote]

And I did.
Rev 5:6; Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

The lamb stood at the center of the throne. He and the throne is encircled by the the living creatures and the elders. (KJV puts it that "...in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain" English wise they mean the same thing)

And also,
Didn't the beast joined the rest of the creatures in heaven to worship the lamb and the one sitted on the throne in 5:13?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:01am On Jul 27, 2018
Perfectbeing:

And I did.
Rev 5:6; Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

The lamb stood at the center of the throne. He and the throne is encircled by the the living creatures and the elders. (KJV puts it that "...in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain" English wise they mean the same thing)

And also,
Didn't the beast joined the rest of the creatures in heaven to worship the lamb and the one sitted on the throne in 5:13?

Wait a minute.. Are we still having this talk about the two thrones? I thought I myself and Muttleylaff have explained earlier that the two thrones are one?

It seems you still don't understand the fact that the whole book of Revelations is figurative and not literal.

Let me show you something

In Rev 8 A Star called wormwood falls to the earth. My friend I think you know what will happen if a literal star falls to the earth.

Rev 12 The tail of a dragon(representing Satan) flung one third of the stars to the earth. Literally if one-third of the Star falls on earth, the earth would cease to exist (even half of a star would do a clean job )..

In Rev 6, stars also fell to the earth likened the way figs falls from fig trees (read verse 13).

I can go on and on but I'm sure you might have grasp what I'm talking about...

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2018
Perfectbeing:

And I did.

And also,

The one sitted on the throne there is the Father.

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2018
Maamin:
Do you accept this, and agree to or with this Perfectbeing?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2018
Perfectbeing:

According to you, God is powerless to be omnipresent.. In order words he's not omnipotent

Perfectbeing, why do U deny God's word & imply that I made it up?

It takes humility to amend your views/ beliefs when solid evidence proves them wrong.. If we go by your views that God is everywhere.

Therefore, the only true & holy God is in occult temples, ritualist dens, village shrines, brothels & any place of iniquity . Mbanu !!!!!!!!

God is Faithful, Almighty & Awesome. HE has no limitation. (Num23:19. Luke1:37).

"From heaven (Yahweh) Jehovah looks down & sees all mankind; FROM HIS DWELLING PLACE HE WATCHES ALL WHO LIVE ON EARTH". Ps 33:13,14.

God sees everywhere & everything from heaven, his place of dwelling.

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight" Hebrew 4:13.

Shalom
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Maamin:

The one sitted on the throne and the lamb is the same. Both one and the same. Not different from each other. In Acts 7:55–56; Romans 8:34; Ephesians 1:20; Colossians 3:1, Jesus (the lamb that was slain) was said to be SITTED at the right hand of the Father. The phrase, "God’s right hand" as some of us said earlier, is used throughout Scripture to indicate His power and authority and sovereignty. Jesus is sitted at this place of power and of authority and of sovereignty with God. Doesn't that tell us that Jesus and God are both the the same and not different, since God won't share his glory with any one.

That being said, I want to introduce us to the Greek word "kai". Please ride down with me.

"Kai" is a Greek word that is used to connect two words, phrases or clauses together, who function at the same level. With this function it is often called a coordinating conjuntion.

Things to note about the word "kai"

1. When Kai joins words or phrases together, it is simple enough and similar to English word "and".
E.g; James and John, Paul and Silas.

2 When Kai joins clauses and sentences, it is more complicated. Kai can function like an English "then" as in Matt 4:19 (Follow me, then
I will make you fishers of men). The English "and" can function the same way as in 'follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

3. When two plural nouns are connected by "kai" as in Ephesians 4:11, ...and some, pastors and teachers; The first noun, pastors, and the second noun, teachers are the same. So "teachers" is a further description of "pastors", not a separate category of individuals. This Greek construction means "pastors who are teachers", or "pastor - teachers".

4. When two SINGULAR nouns are connected by "kai", and the FIRST noun is ARTICILAR( has the article), and the SECOND is ANARTHROUS (does not have the article), the second noun is a FURTHER DESCRIPTION of the first noun.
Examples
a. Thess. 1:12, the KJV reads "the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ". God "theos" here is articular and Christ "christou" is anarthrous. Both are the same case, and therefore should read "the grace of Jesus Christ, our God and Lord".
b. Titus 2:13, the KJV reads "the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ". God "theos" here is articular, and Christ "christou" is anarthrous. Both nouns are in the same case, and therefore should read "our great God and Savior Jesus Christ".

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 11:57am On Jul 27, 2018
/\/\/\/\
Wow. Brilliant stuff up there.
The things people know and share.
Nice one Perf' for putting & getting this information up there.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Do you accept this, and agree to or with this Perfectbeing?

Are we still separating the lamb from the Father?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by MuttleyLaff: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Perfectbeing:
Are we still separating the lamb from the Father?
I don't think anyone had been separating the Lamb from the Father.
Not me, nor do I think Maamin had.
Who had?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Perfectbeing:

The one sitted on the throne and the lamb is the same. Both one and the same. Not different from each other. In Acts 7:55–56; Romans 8:34; Ephesians 1:20; Colossians 3:1, Jesus (the lamb that was slain) was said to be SITTED at the right hand of the Father. The phrase, "God’s right hand" as some of us said earlier, is used throughout Scripture to indicate His power and authority and sovereignty. Jesus is sitted at this place of power and of authority and of sovereignty with God. Doesn't that tell us that Jesus and God are both the the same and not different, since God won't share his glory with any one.

That being said, I want to introduce us to the Greek word "kai". Please ride down with me.

"Kai" is a Greek word that is used to connect two words, phrases or clauses together, who function at the same level. With this function it is often called a coordinating conjuntion.

Things to note about the word "kai"

1. When Kai joins words or phrases together, it is simple enough and similar to English word "and".
E.g; James and John, Paul and Silas.

2 When Kai joins clauses and sentences, it is more complicated. Kai can function like an English "then" as in Matt 4:19 (Follow me, then
I will make you fishers of men). The English "and" can function the same way as in 'follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

3. When two plural nouns are connected by "kai" as in Ephesians 4:11, ...and some, pastors and teachers; The first noun, pastors, and the second noun, teachers are the same. So "teachers" is a further description of "pastors", not a separate category of individuals. This Greek construction means "pastors who are teachers", or "pastor - teachers".

4. When two SINGULAR nouns are connected by "kai", and the FIRST noun is ARTICILAR( has the article), and the SECOND is ANARTHROUS (does not have the article), the second noun is a FURTHER DESCRIPTION of the first noun.
Examples
a. Thess. 1:12, the KJV reads "the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ". God "theos" here is articular and Christ "christou" is anarthrous. Both are the same case, and therefore should read "the grace of Jesus Christ, our God and Lord".
b. Titus 2:13, the KJV reads "the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ". God "theos" here is articular, and Christ "christou" is anarthrous. Both nouns are in the same case, and therefore should read "our great God and Savior Jesus Christ".

The number 4 above brings us back the "one the throne and the lamb...

Rev 7:10, And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” God "theos" here is articular, and "the lamb" is anarthrous. The lamb is a further description of the one who sits on the throne and should therefore read as "...salvation belongs to the lamb our God, who sits on the throne...

Rev 5:13
…“To him who sits on the throne [God] (articular) and to the Lamb (anarthtous)be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” should read ".. to the lamb our God, who sits on the throne be praise and honor and glory and power...

Rev21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple should therefore be "..because the Lord Almighty, who is the lamb are it's temple..

Also read Rev 11:15..
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Maamin:

Maamin said there that, the one on the throne is the Father, separating him from the lamb. Or was I getting him wrong? Probably I was. If I was accept my apologies..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham / Apostle Johnson Suleman – Ministry,investments And Net Worth (photo) / Faith Healers Who Couldn't Heal Themselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.