Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) (48562 Views)

Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line / Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by brexit: 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
When will Abia state look like this?
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Sirpaul(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
U Don bleach from black to yellow.
And now u are in the church singing
I know who I am.
Sister! U ar a chameleon!!
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Sirpaul(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
when Christ Come
brexit:
When will Abia state look like this?
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Pabloosas(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Wow
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Keep digging
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Nigga44: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Ok
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by BlueRayDick: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Guestlander:
Does it mean all the land in front of the post office building was reclaimed? The water was really close in the first picture.

Yes it was. My old man told me there used to be a port at marina. He said the whole place was reclaimed

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Guestlander: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
BlueRayDick:

Yes it was. My old man told me there used to be a port at marina. He said the whole place was reclaimed

Wow! I didn't know that.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by VivaLaFrans: 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
It still looks like Marina street..
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Wealthycharles(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
I didn't see any changes there is just that that old building that is cycle is still dere no changes at all.. so. Who can tell me there is changes dere..

Can't u see that large expanse of land was sandfilled, bridge was built on the reclaimed land, coconut trees are no longer standing in the middle of the road, etc
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by BlueRayDick: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Guestlander:

Wow! I didn't know that.

Me too. I learnt that used to be the port before the one at Apapa was constructed.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by kaymandak(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
I didn't see any changes there is just that that old building that is cycle is still dere no changes at all.. so. Who can tell me there is changes dere..
Igbos/ PDP steward and hatred for change

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by wanted222(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Imagine when your rent is due n boom ur sugar daddy dies you will cry more than his wife
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Chrisychuks1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
Esejojo:
It looks like it was sandfilled.
.. And that's why it's floods whenever it rains
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Bestchisom(m): 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2018
tofolo:
Where is the river na? angry
them use sand fill am

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
In the olden days, it was cleaner and better. Now it is just filled with dirt angry

when yorubas were fully in control it was clean,but when igbos enter join it became a mess....
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by ciencee(m): 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
[/quote]
AutoJoshNG:

What other difference do you notice?

I noticed that those 4 coconut trees(Abi Na flower be that self) in that first picture are dead, just like those two men that walked passed it may have been dead also. grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
I prefer the first pics.the 1970s pix looks like pure paradise....like a paradise joint in hawai. The modern pics looks like a jungle.lagos is damm overpopulated.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Paperwhite(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
Amazing transformation.My dad once told me this but today I now agree with him-that Marina is a sandfilled area.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by ciencee(m): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
justtoodark:

when yorubas were fully in control it was clean,but when igbos enter join it became a mess....

Yoruba them be mugu na, how them come allow Igbo people come mess up them side just like that, make them take revenge joor, make them go flood Enugu or Anambra with their people go populate thosplaces and mess am up equally if them think say then get liver reach Igbo people them.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
cheesy cheesy
qanda:
Are you serious or joking. You cant see any difference?
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Na you be enemy of progress
Austema:

one sentence for you is ; ENEMY OF PROGRESS

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by claseek(f): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
which kind dirty English you dey speak

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by freezyprinzy(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
The old is somehow better
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Niyil: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
I see, so a larger part of the sea was reclaimed to include a bridge and another road on the other side of the bridge, good to know.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by clemz85(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
Omo the chancing no here o
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by KanwuliaExtra: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Africans are TRULY NOT QUALIFIED to rule or manage themselves or any other thing for that matter. embarassed
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by rman: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
Esejojo:
It looks like it was sandfilled.

Yes, It was
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Dacronym(m): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
besticality:
Them don pursue the water go back wella
Can it still come back?
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by justtoodark: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
ciencee:

Yoruba them be mugu na, how them come allow Igbo people come mess up them side just like that, make them take revenge joor, make them go flood Enugu or Anambra with their people go populate thosplaces and mess am up equally if them think say then get liver reach Igbo people them.

those places are already messed up....so no need....

kiiiikikikiki...

am just joking nna....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana's Newly Built Airport Flooded / Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.