Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) (48563 Views)

Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line / Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Offpoint: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
tofolo:
Where is the river na? angry
Our corrupt leaders have sold the rivergrin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by ikorodureporta: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
So, we dug into the archives, and guess what we found?

It’s an old picture of the popular Marina Street in Lagos Island, Lagos state.

The picture also features the legendary General Post Office, situated on Marina Street. The picture is believed to have been taken in 1973.

However, our attention was drawn to the radical transformation of the Marina street.

For instance, the distance between the Marina waterfront – then and now.

What other difference do you notice?

Photo Credit: Unknown

See the photos.

https://autojosh.com/what-do-you-notice-about-the-old-and-the-new-marina-street-see-photo/

clear pix. e b say like u don get d software wey Lag safety unit dey use. I beg which cam/software b dat??
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Pacesetter123(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dacronym:

Can it still come back?
Yes,it can if proper embankment was not done.Ocean surge.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by jimcaddy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
So they actually pushed the water backwards abi... Kudos to them marine spirits who actually move water frontwards and backwards...
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by NoToPile: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
No wonder my mum always said that place was sandfilled
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Dacronym(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Yes,it can if proper embankment was not done.Ocean surge.
Any Cogent Reason for altering nature like that
I believe there is land in other places
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by ninimajek: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Over population is the route of many problem in Nigeria. in this pix, we can as well conclude its over population.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by farem: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
akeentech:
One of my Houses is there.

Yes it is there. one of your spiritual houses!
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by kechywillz(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why is that the former is more beautiful than the latter,I wish I existed then than now
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by LaudableXX: 1:17am On Jul 21, 2018
@AutoJoshNG, there is nothing like Marina 'Street.' It does not exist in our lexicon. That stretch of road in front of the water, is simply called Marina. According to the dictionary, a Marina is a specially designed harbour, with moorings for pleasure yachts and small boats.
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by solutionist: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2018
LaudableXX:
@AutoJoshNG, there is nothing like Marina 'Street.' It does not exist in our lexicon. That stretch of road in front of the water, is simply called Marina. According to the dictionary, a Marina is a specially designed harbour, with moorings for pleasure yachts and small boats.

Ideally, yes. But the "street" or "road" in front of the bookshop house, as it is today, does not qualify as a "Marina".

Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by Iamzik: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
sagio09:
So the water was very close to the building shocked. I passed through the steet last week wen i was heading to Wuse Market

Oga is wuse market in Abuja or Marina?
Re: What Do You Notice About The Old And The New Marina Street? (see PHOTO) by LaudableXX: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
solutionist:
Ideally, yes. But the "street" or "road" in front of the bookshop house, as it is today, does not qualify as a "Marina".
Oga, that stretch was originally a Marina. Even after building houses there, the area has not been renamed by any local govt or state govt. So why do we like causing confusion over such things? It remains 'Marina.' Only goodness knows where you got your own map from, which classifies Marina as a 'road.' And Bookshop House at CMS is not located on the Marina, it is firmly part of Broad Street. In fact, it is at the intersection of Broad Street and Odunlami Street, in Lagos Island. Check your map for the location of Bookshop house. It was govt that named that area as Broad Street, in the '70s.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana's Newly Built Airport Flooded / Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.