Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Lets Talk Dubai - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk Dubai (36340 Views)

Lets Talk About Chile / Lets Talk About Estonia / Nigerians In Egypt (lets Talk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by zoomzoom1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2010
My guy slow down,  They are people earning more than u can imagine,
adamsy07:

my blessed nigerians,if you ave to travel out of naija to make a leaving pls forget dubai,i leave here actualy i ave my own company here and am also married here,am talking to you with innermost sincerity if you are a hustler forget here it's killing even for people who ave companies it beging to be a regret you can not ave a company here with less than 150,000 dirams(80,000 dollars) imagine you paying 700 dollars for 1 room and in the case of hustlers you ave to sleep in 20's to be able to afford a room payment,talk of employment you can never get a job i stand qouted someone said his paid 9000 dollars,it's a lie,i leave here and pity my fellow nigerians who even want to go back but they can not cos,you come in with 2 weeks visa which you have to go to iran and change every 2 weeks 600 dollars,when they don't get job how can they go and change their visas so they end up selling their passport to people who wants to go back home.
no doubt it's a nice place to relax and shop but not for a leaving cos u end up waisting your time and life.
am saying all this with sinceririty even we investors are planning to relocate to other places and invest cos as investors also we find out that our money is going every year and we ave to renew our licenses every year and also pay staffs.
one more thing if you are lucky to be employed u get 3 years visa,with 600 dollars,which cannot pay your house rent so still u leave in atleast 10's cos u ave a job.you can not bring your family in to visit you cos u ave labourer's residence visa which can be cancelled at anytime your boss thinks he cannot afford your salary again which means u ave to be deported home or prepared to leave in the country ilegaly.
with that u are being totaly useless,u can't get another job cos u illegal and u can'T go home cos u have to pay huge fine for staying illegally or be prepared to go to jail for 1 year b4 travelling home and bare in mind you have to buy a ticket for urself after jail terms.
a word is enough for a wise one think twice atleast be an investor or don't come atall.
love u all
SHERRIF.

My guy slow down… if u talking about the same DUBAI there are people earning more than you can imagine, so I disagree with ur statement “i stand qouted someone said his paid 9000 dollars, it's a lie” .
Just one word for u RESEARCH.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by sherrify: 1:15am On Aug 29, 2010
@ZOOMZOOM
My guy slow down… if u talking about the same DUBAI there are people earning more than you can imagine, so I disagree with your statement “i stand qouted someone said his paid 9000 dollars, it's a lie” .
Just one word for u RESEARCH
WHY DECIV PEOPLE EU PASSPORT HOLDERS EARN FINE AND FEW AFRICAN'S WITH DEGREE'S FROM EUROPE EARN FINE TOO, DID U READ MY POST WELL I SAID HUSSLERS,I SEE U ARE IN THE U.A.E, GO DOWN TO DIERA AND SEE HOW MANY NIG GUYS ROAM ON THE STREET DURING DIS HOT 49 DEGREE SUMMER,
INVESTORS FINE DATS IF U KNO WAT U ARE DOIN IF NOT INVESTORS ARE REDUCED TO ZERO HERE, I AVE OFFICES IN TURKEY TOO AND I KNOW WAT AM TALKING AS AN INVESTOR FROM NIGERIA AND U KNO WAT U ARE DOIN U CAN DO WELL, I GO OFTEN TO SHENGEN STATES AND THE UK, FROM HERE ALL COS AM AN INVESTOR WHICH CLD MAYB SUMTIMES WOULD AVE BIN IMPOSSIBLE IF I WAS IN NIGERIA,
TO CUTT D STORY SHORT INVESTOR U CAN GAMBLE UR MONEY IN DUBAI BUT HUSSLER AGAIN DON'T TRY IT,
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Jummy4real(f): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2010
Please where can I buy Gold in Dubai?

I also need to know how much a return ticket to Dubai will also cost and the least amount of money one can start with at least.

I will appreciate it if there's anybody into the same business you can link me with.

I'm a first timer; I've not been to the Dubai b4. Kindly describe how I will get there 4rm Lagos as on the best and the cheapest airline to board abd also a reasonable hotel one can lodge in and the amount in dollars per 9t.

Any other useful information will be appreciated.

You can send an email to my box jummyyemmy4real@yahoo.com for confidential info

Thanking you in advance for your swift response.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by sherrify: 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2010
@JUMMY4REAL,

I also need to know how much a return ticket to Dubai will also cost and the least amount of money one can start with at least.

I will appreciate it if there's anybody into the same business you can link me with.

I'm a first timer; I've not been to the Dubai b4. Kindly describe how I will get there 4rm Lagos as on the best and the cheapest airline to board abd also a reasonable hotel one can lodge in and the amount in dollars per 9t.

--------------------------------------------
YOU CAN BUY UR GOLD AT THE GOLD SOUQ
FOR TICKET U'LL NEED TO VISIT AN AGENCY THERE IN NIGERIA
CHEAPEST HOTEL WILL COST YOU 35 DOLLARS IN A SHARING ROOM WITH YOUR OWN BED ALOCATTED TO U, BEAR IN MIND SUCH HOTEL IS NO STAR HOTEL AND IT'S LOCATED IN THE MARKET AREA, NOISY AND THE REST U CAN FIND IN ANY HOTEL AREA,
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Jummy4real(f): 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ Sherrify

Thanks a bunch; God bless u. I just read about Gold Souks too.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by geogentle: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2010
Jummy4real:

Hello Jimmy,

Please share you findings (Air fare and the cheapest airline) here. Am also interested in going to Dubai. Not for biz though, just to visit and see what the city looks like. Am planning on a 4 day visit. Thanks.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by etauso(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2010
For those who want to know what it cost to travel to dubai.

I just booked my return ticket (to and fro) right now (4th September, 2010) with Emirates Airline at USD$784.17 (118,000) from Lagos to Dubai and back to Lagos.

That price covers your going and coming.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by oyewolejos(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2010
etauso:

For those who want to know what it cost to travel to dubai.

I just booked my return ticket (to and fro) right now (4th September, 2010) with Emirates Airline at USD$784.17 (118,000) from Lagos to Dubai and back to Lagos.

That price covers your going and coming.

I think the bolded is just one word. Why the repetition
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by etauso(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2010

I think the bolded is just one word. Why the repetition

I had to clearly define what I meant by 'return ticket' because I didn't want some people asking me what is return ticket or in some cases, some people still coming out to ask me if that price covers to and fro. What I did there was just breaking it down into lay terms.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by AjanleKoko: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2010
Dubai is not a good place to hustle. Also, they're not favourably disposed towards Africans. Indians and Philipinos are mostly engaged in blue-collar jobs. Very few Nigerians are in white-collar positions, and a number of these probably hold UK/EU or US passports.

Like a number of middle east nations, if you go there and misbehave, you're likely to get caught, and tossed in jail.

EU citizens, especially UK citizens, are the ones living it up in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by sherrify: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
@AJANLEKOKO
Dubai is not a good place to hustle. Also, they're not favourably disposed towards Africans. Indians and Philipinos are mostly engaged in blue-collar jobs. Very few Nigerians are in white-collar positions, and a number of these probably hold UK/EU or US passports.

Like a number of middle east nations, if you go there and misbehave, you're likely to get caught, and tossed in jail.

EU citizens, especially UK citizens, are the ones living it up in Dubai.

May God bless u, as for me i talk am,but some guys came up on one of my treads and insulted me for saying the truth about how some countries are unfavourable to Nigerians,the funniest part is that some folish guys who are still in Nigeria planing to make such mistakes came up too and said i was mis-leading them,
All i know is dat experience is the best teacher,
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by 2dcore(f): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2010
sherrify:

@AJANLEKOKO
May God bless u, as for me i talk am,but some guys came up on one of my treads and insulted me for saying the truth about how some countries are unfavourable to Nigerians,the funniest part is that some folish guys who are still in Nigeria planing to make such mistakes came up too and said i was mis-leading them,
All i know is dat experience is the best teacher,
@ Sheffify I know you meant me.I still stand by my words that you are mis leading people with this topic https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=508549.msg6694505#msg6694505 that you posted on nairaland.
Nigerians are working in middle east countries but few of them.There are loads of reasons why Nigerians don't work.Cheap labour is one of the major reasons.In Qatar here a Nigerian holds a prominent position in one of the local newspapers.In Dubai Nigerians run good biz .Concering what Ajanlekoko mentioned;when people commit crimes regardless of their nationaliities they get tossed into jails.Even Emiratis and Qatarians are not an exemption.Not just Nigerians, If abroad is so bad and they treat people so badly can I ask what you are still doing there and why you have not come back home.?If you own a company in Dubai then you will be very rich and can afford to own a better company in Nigeria where you can employ at least 50 people.So you prefer to pay crazy amounts for a license in Dubai than help your fellow people back home with employment.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by AjanleKoko: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2010
^^Makes sense.
My post was for the hustlers, who have no plans of being legit in Dubai. Dem go hear am badly.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by sherrify: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
@2ndcore,
@ Sheffify I know you meant me.I still stand by my words that you are mis leading people with this topic https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=508549.msg6694505#msg6694505 that you posted on nairaland.
Nigerians are working in middle east countries but few of them.There are loads of reasons why Nigerians don't work.Cheap labour is one of the major reasons.In Qatar here a Nigerian holds a prominent position in one of the local newspapers.In Dubai Nigerians run good biz .Concering what Ajanlekoko mentioned;when people commit crimes regardless of their nationaliities they get tossed into jails.Even Emiratis and Qatarians are not an exemption.Not just Nigerians, If abroad is so bad and they treat people so badly can I ask what you are still doing there and why you have not come back home.?If you own a company in Dubai then you will be very rich and can afford to own a better company in Nigeria where you can employ at least 50 people.So you prefer to pay crazy amounts for a license in Dubai than help your fellow people back home with employment.
I just don't get your point,am talking of husslers people who are not graduates, in the middle east is hell,u cld still try in western countries as someone who is not a graduate,
u talkig about me having company in Dubai and not going to Nigeria, man i worked my ass out to get my little money and i can't go home and gamble it out like that by opening a company and employing 50 staffs in Nigeria,that is a step i will take gradually thou am planing of opening a small buisness in Nigeria and then see how it grows before rushing all my small change into it, not withstanding am do my contributions to Nigerian as in my offices in Dubai and Turkey i have bunch of Nigerians working in my firm,
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by rotimiland(m): 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2010
All needed anywhere in the world, is favour and grace of almighty God. Everywhere in the world has its lower side.

5 Likes

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 14, 2010
rotimiland:

All needed anywhere in the world, is favour and grace of almighty God. Everywhere in the world has its lower side.
Bro, u're right. When God's favor shines ur way, ur blessing na "double double" lol

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by BigPhil(m): 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Sherrify,you are saying the truth,as some one who has travelled to Dubai extensively,if you are going to Dubai to hustle,i beg you in the name of God to forget it cos it will only end in tears.Even our girls have started going there for prostitution,and my advice to them is this,it is very risky cos if your caught the consequences will be devastating.

Even people from the EU with good jobs are finding difficult to survive with they big salary,go to the airport and see lots of abandoned cars left by them to avoid going to jail for defaulting on their debts.

And if you are thinking of going to Dubai with N750,000 to buy things to sell,Just forget it and buy and sell from importers and wholesalers in Lagos.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by sherrify: 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
@BIG PHIL
@Sherrify,you are saying the truth,as some one who has travelled to Dubai extensively,if you are going to Dubai to hustle,i beg you in the name of God to forget it cos it will only end in tears.Even our girls have started going there for prostitution,and my advice to them is this,it is very risky cos if your caught the consequences will be devastating.

Even people from the EU with good jobs are finding difficult to survive with they big salary,go to the airport and see lots of abandoned cars left by them to avoid going to jail for defaulting on their debts.

And if you are thinking of going to Dubai with N750,000 to buy things to sell,Just forget it and buy and sell from importers and wholesalers in Lagos.

God bless u,drum it well into their ears,cos people don begin insult me for talking true,
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by zoomzoom1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2010
sherrify:

@ZOOMZOOM,
WHY DECIV PEOPLE EU PASSPORT HOLDERS EARN FINE AND FEW AFRICAN'S WITH DEGREE'S FROM EUROPE EARN FINE TOO, DID U READ MY POST WELL I SAID HUSSLERS,I SEE U ARE IN THE U.A.E, GO DOWN TO DIERA AND SEE HOW MANY NIG GUYS ROAM ON THE STREET DURING DIS HOT 49 DEGREE SUMMER,
INVESTORS FINE DATS IF U KNO WAT U ARE DOIN IF NOT INVESTORS ARE REDUCED TO ZERO HERE, I AVE OFFICES IN TURKEY TOO AND I KNOW WAT AM TALKING AS AN INVESTOR FROM NIGERIA AND U KNO WAT U ARE DOIN U CAN DO WELL, I GO OFTEN TO SHENGEN STATES AND THE UK, FROM HERE ALL COS AM AN INVESTOR WHICH CLD MAYB SUMTIMES WOULD AVE BIN IMPOSSIBLE IF I WAS IN NIGERIA,
TO CUTT D STORY SHORT INVESTOR U CAN GAMBLE your MONEY IN DUBAI BUT HUSSLER AGAIN DON'T TRY IT,

DECEIVE PEOPLE? Guy you funny oooo,  ok i'll break it down for u

Layi quoted "I also met a Nigerian my age (24) who really lives big there. he works in an IT firm specializing in cold fusion technology and he earns, wait for this.US$9000 monthly"[color=#000099][/color]

Your response "i stand qouted someone said his paid 9000 dollars,it's a lie,"

So tell me is Layi reffering to hustlers(e>g Deira cargo boys)? i think you need to read well.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by sherrify: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2010
@zoomzoom
DECEIVE PEOPLE? Guy you funny oooo, ok i'll break it down for u

Layi quoted "I also met a Nigerian my age (24) who really lives big there. he works in an IT firm specializing in cold fusion technology and he earns, wait for this.US$9000 monthly"[color=#000099][/color]

Your response "i stand qouted someone said his paid 9000 dollars,it's a lie,"

So tell me is Layi reffering to hustlers(e>g Deira cargo boys)? i think you need to read well.
COLD FUSION TECHNOLOGY, D ANSWER IS THERE, DO THEY STUDY THAT IN NIGERIA, IT MEANS DAT THE GUY STUDIED ABROAD ND NOT NIGERIA AND PROBABLY DOES NOT USE A NIGERIAN PASSPORT, ALL IN ALL WE ARE SAYING HUSSLER DON'T GO NEAR GULD IF U BE GRADUATE OR DEY USE FORIEGN PALI THEN U ARE OK,
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by ceasyc(f): 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2011
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by orbaxy(m): 1:04am On Jan 21, 2011
@Sherrify,

Personally, i wanted to relent from posting a comment but the onus lies on me to debunk the one-sided perspective you've been throwing around.
I live and work in UAE ( abu dhabi).
I know Dubai very very well, alots of Nigerians who are professionals are gainfully employed. I got my job from Nigeria and got my ticket fares, visa and accomodation arranged well before i arrived UAE. Am not the first, and will not be the last.

You're talking about Nigerians stalking around in Deira, expecially around Deira park hotel, Zagy hotel and California hotel isn't that so?
It is very pathetic how people are quick to board a plane without having any "plans" on how to make ends meet. you call it "hussle" i call "gamble".
Expecially when you have no certificates or degree.
Why do you think Indians run this economy? because they are well educated and also watch out for their kins.
We Nigerians are friggin selfish and wicked! You Sherrify! haven't you heard about "karrywaleei"Visas Nigerians do for people? 98% of you people in Deira are on this visa isn't that so? Then tell me, how exactly are you supposed to get a decent life when you're an illegal immigrant who have overstayed a 2week entry permit? Be sensible and stop sounding like Dubai made your life hell. "we" did it to ourselves! people just move down here and vanish into the thin air with no residence and work permit and still expect a decent life, Bullshit!! don't tell people there are no jobs here! A company sponsored my Msc so that i can work for them after my graduation here in Abu Dhabi! They NEED people, but you got to have the right papers. We Nigerians don't tell ourselves the truth!!
Personally, i spoke against this "karrywalei" visa Nigerians resident in UAE do for unsuspecting immigrants to a pastor here in UAE and people said am trying to be a good guy and block business for them. i was almost called a snitch! Anyway, I don't need to go further. All i'll say is that opportunity abounds here but you need to come through the right process. Its always better to get the job from your home country. you wont spend a dime. Lets be our brothers keeper.
Maybe i'll start a thread on Dubai jobs.

7 Likes

Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Temayo: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Obaxy, People find it difficult to say the truth, and do what is right. How pleasant would it have being if everyone can be sincere. Anyway that is life!
Like to have a chat with you or better still send me your number at tayodeji180@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by dtun: 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2011
@Obaxy, I was in Dubai last year on vacation and was able to see some Nigerians living a not-too-good life @ Dubai. I think if things are very difficult there, they should come back home. A Telecom Vendor company wants to start up an office in Dubai and they are considering taking me on board as an expat. They are requesting that i should send them an estimate of the housing(apartment) and living cost that I will incure there. I do not have idea of how much these things cost. Please can you inbox me your number so that i can discuss with you, or better still, you can drop me a mail at dammy092002@hotmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by ogogo24(m): 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
My people, I'll b in Dubai in a couple of weeks on official assignment. Which nice low budget hotel (not d one in d market o as earlier mentioned) can I stay in - looking @ about $50 a nite?

Thx in advance.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Raphel2011: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2011
Hello everyone,

I would like to know the process of getting a study permit to study in Dubai and how long it takes.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your anticipated reply.

Cheers.
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Adewunmis(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
wink winkpls kindly help me i need of one patrotic,kind &God fearing 9ja dat lives in dubai who can help buy somtin 4rm there and 2 me in 9ja,call or text me on 07085914776
Re: Lets Talk Dubai by Adewunmis(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
wink winkpls kindly help me i need of one patrotic,kind &God fearing 9ja dat lives in dubai who can help buy somtin 4rm there and 2 me in 9ja,call or text me on 07085914776

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who's To Blame For This Overload: The Truck, VIO, Or The Driver? (Video) / Lady To Sue Four Points Lagos Hotel For Refusing Her To Lodge Without A Man / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.