Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing (587 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / What Song(s) do You Never Get Tired Of Listening To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by GbeduN: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2010
Does anyone feel like i feel? just bored and disgusted by some of the nonsense you hear ? i mean is Baby (cash money) really a rapper? Soulja Boy and Young Jezzzzzzzzzzy? Every Coast has their own time to shine but it seems like the South have been running it for 10 years now, its time for a change i beg!
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by hax: 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2010
Since when has the South been running anything? You're the one choosing to listen to Young Money, Jeezy and Souljaboytellem. There's T.I. and old Luda to listen to instead. And UGK and Scarface. Bun B's gone solo since love-vendor C passed. II Trill is sick. he also has this sick track with Lupe 'Swang On Em'.
And I'd say if anything, the East has been running things for a while now,
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by bouzymill(m): 10:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
hax:

Since when has the South been running anything? You're the one choosing to listen to Young Money, Jeezy and Souljaboytellem. There's T.I. and old Luda to listen to instead. And UGK and Scarface. Bun B's gone solo since love-vendor C passed. II Trill is sick. he also has this sick track with Lupe 'Swang On Em'.
And I'd say if anything, the East has been running things for a while now,

Word Brother!!!! I have said this before, and i still say it, you choose to listen to whatever you want to listen to, these cashmoney or souljaboi or whatever only make music for the moment, it is only history that will tell you which track is classic,

When I still listen to Geto Boy's "Mind Playing Tricks on Me", I'm still like wow, When I still listen to Ludacris Word of Mouth Album, It's still dope to my ears. Clipse is from the South, though, they don't belong to the dirty south sh*t. There are loads to listen to. Get yourself a copy of Scarface's Emeritus and you've got a classic in the next ten years. Now that's music.

I still have all my collections till date, and I've never been tired of any of them,
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by hax: 11:00pm On Jun 14, 2010
bouzymill:

Word Brother!!!! I have said this before, and i still say it, you choose to listen to whatever you want to listen to, these cashmoney or souljaboi or whatever only make music for the moment, it is only history that will tell you which track is classic,

When I still listen to Geto Boy's "Mind Playing Tricks on Me", I'm still like wow, When I still listen to Ludacris Word of Mouth Album, It's still dope to my ears. Clipse is from the South, though, they don't belong to the dirty south excreta. There are loads to listen to. Get yourself a copy of Scarface's Emeritus and you've got a classic in the next ten years. Now that's music.

I still have all my collections till date, and I've never been tired of any of them,
Yessir. You speak the truth.
I might not necessarily believe that some albums have to pass the test of time to be classics. Like Clipse's 'Hell Hath No Fury' for example. . . you don't have to wait till 2016 to know that the album is fxcking hot.

Yup. Old Luda was hot. Killed every guest spot back then. Haven't heard 'Emeritus' yet o. Will peep like a perv.
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by bouzymill(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
hax:

Yessir. You speak the truth.
I might not necessarily believe that some albums have to pass the test of time to be classics. Like Clipse's 'Hell Hath No Fury' for example. . . you don't have to wait till 2016 to know that the album is fxcking hot.

Yup. Old Luda was hot. Killed every guest spot back then. Haven't heard 'Emeritus' yet o. Will peep like a perv.

You're right about HHNF, that's instant classic. Emeritus is really dope, Forgot about Me feat. (Bun B and Lil Wayne) Lil Wayne didn't do too bad here as I was expecting but mehhhhn, Scarface made this real hot,

My most favourite scarface album is "The Fix". That's classic to me and the Geto Boys' Foundation,
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by chiogo(f): 12:14am On Jun 15, 2010
LOL Jeezy is alright to me.
The south hasn't been running anything. Nobody even knew Young Money and co. 10 years ago. It's always been the East and West coast.
I'm biased since I'm in the East so I'll say they've run the game more.

Umm, you just gotta find the right people to listen to, like others have said. I have more Tupac on my Ipod than Lil' Wayne - Yes, I listen to him for fun  grin He can be good though. .  .when he wants to be.
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by bouzymill(m): 12:41am On Jun 15, 2010
chiogo:

I'm biased since I'm in the East so I'll say they've run the game more.

When you say east, I say Word!!!! that's where hiphop is, they don't run the game, they own the game!! IMO.

Some westcoast e-gangsters would definitely whup my *ss online,

chiogo:

Lil' Wayne - Yes, I listen to him for fun Grin He can be good though. . .when he wants to be.

ONPOINT!!!
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by GbeduN: 2:51am On Jun 15, 2010
I dont listen those idiots but when you listen to the radio they play that crap or in a club/lounge. i'm just saying when it was East and West running the game we got quality music that we enjoyed! no? Imagine a guy like Gucci Mane saying he's the best in the game. Are you friggin kidding me? lol
Re: Tired Of The Music I Am Hearing by chiogo(f): 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2010
bouzymill:

When you say east, I say Word!!!! that's where hiphop is, they don't run the game,  they own the game!! IMO.

Some westcoast e-gangsters would definitely whup my *ss online, 

ONPOINT!!!
Haha yup. I don't think westcoast e-gangsters exist  grin I mean, the greats from the West are either extinct now, struggling to be relevant, or dead. I'll give them this though - they've done their thing but it's East coast all day!  grin

GbeduN:

I dont listen those idiots but when you listen to the radio they play that crap or in a club/lounge. i'm just saying when it was East and West running the game we got quality music that we enjoyed! no? Imagine a guy like Gucci Mane saying he's the best in the game. Are you friggin kidding me? lol
Well, that isn't surprising, people wanna dance to party songs with party beats and these usually come with mediocre lyrics. I don't see myself partying to a Nas song lol it wouldn't even make sense. And the radio thing - it's obvious, commercial music sells.

LOL@ Guccimane, didn't know such people are taken seriously. But ya never know, Souljaboytellem says similar stuff and you have people jumping their head off to his music.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Crazily Funny: Still Lafing It Off / Naija Music Dumper: Feedback / Feel Dis Trac,i Need Yr Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.