Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal (13252 Views)

Reps Mull 20 Years Imprisonment For Bankers Who Breach Assets Declaration Law / Reps Mull Removal Of Immunity For Presidents, VPs, Governors, Deputy Governors / Reps Mull Reduction Of 428 Ministries, Departments & Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:41am On Jul 21, 2018
• Investigates licensing rounds for marginal oilfields

James Emejo in Abuja

There are indications that the House of Representatives is determined to investigate the concession agreement on the new National Carrier, Nigeria Air.

The indication emerged after a motion on the subject surfaced on the agenda of the green chamber Thursday, as item number five.

This is coming as the House also passed a motion mandating its ad hoc committee investigating the huge debts owed by the International Oil Companies (IOCs) to indigenous contractors, to extend its investigative functions to marginal oilfields licence acquisitions.

The committee will also evaluate the financial proceeds from successful bids and remittance and non-remittance of revenues by the licensed operators into the Federation Account.

The motion to probe the national carrier sponsored by Hon. Dennis Agbo had demanded the setting up of an ad hoc committee to investigate the process of concession of the national carrier and ensure the selection of a credible core investor with a view to avoiding any failure, losses or embarrassment to the country.

Agbo had taken into cognisance the recent attempt to revive the national carrier by the Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, who had obtained a conditional Certificate of Compliance, along with the Outline Business Case (OBC) from the Infrastructure Concession and Regulatory Commission (ICRC).

He expressed worry that as a result of alleged questionable manner the process was carried out, the arrangement might fail again and bring the country avoidable losses and embarrassment.

He said while ICRC, in the conditional certificate, stated that the process should be at zero investment and management interference by the federal government, the Federal Ministry of Transport had already indicated an initial requirement of $8.8 million and another $300 million for the purchase of aircraft by December 2018.

According to him, these funds were not in the 2018 budget.

He added that the federal government had equally gone ahead to organise a road show scheduled for Thursday in London.

The motion further raised concern that the ministry had proceeded with the process in such a curious, hastened and in complete disregard of the pre-conditions in the OBC by ICRC, which is charged with ensuring integrity and favourable outcome of any concession of national assets.

However, the motion was stepped down and deferred to a future date because Agbo was not in the chamber when it was mentioned for consideration by House Speaker, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.

House to Investigate Marginal Fields Licensing Rounds

Meanwhile, the House Thursday passed a motion mandating its ad hoc committee investigating the huge debts owed by the IOCs to the indigenous contractors to extend its investigative functions to the processes of marginal oilfields’ licence acquisition.

The committee is also expected to evaluate the financial proceeds from the successful bids, remittance and non-remittance of revenues by the marginal fields’ operators into the Federation Accounts.

The lawmakers will also query the strategic alliance agreements between IOCs, investors and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), in the operations of the oilfields.

The resolution of the lower chamber followed a motion moved under matters of urgent public importance by Hon. Diri Douye (PDP, Bayelsa) on the urgent need to launch investigation into the oil and gas fields from 2001 to 2017.

He expressed concern that more than a decade after the award of the first marginal fields’ Oil Mining Leases (OMLs), the combined production volume of the marginal field operators (MFOs) are yet to make any significant impact in the Nigerian oil and gas industry and currently accounting for less than four per cent of the country’s crude oil output, according to the NNPC.

He further noted that the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) had in 2014 indicated that the marginal oil field licences awarded to the indigenous companies in 2003, but were yet to be developed by their owners would be revoked in March 2015.

He said one year after, the DPR was yet to carry out the planned revocation of the licences.

Among other things, Douye said the precarious situation had resulted in huge revenue losses to the Federation Accounts from the lease holders’ royalties, taxes and other financial proceeds accruable from the operations of the marginal oil fields.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/07/20/trouble-for-national-carrier-as-house-mulls-probe-of-concession-deal/amp/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:48am On Jul 21, 2018
Matters arising .
We will see how this new twist turn out to be.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Firefire(m): 5:38am On Jul 21, 2018
Concession Deal in favor of Mr. President and his surrogates... ? shocked

I will phight kworuption indeed! grin

36 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:47am On Jul 21, 2018
Firefire:
Concession Deal in favor of Mr. President and his surrogates... ? shocked

I will phight kworuption indeed! grin
Don't mock our president atak gawd begew angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Firefire(m): 5:57am On Jul 21, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Don't mock our president atak gawd begew angry

The president himself is a joke.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:10am On Jul 21, 2018
Firefire:

The president himself is a joke.
You are an enemy of state angry

Na Sarrki dey talk oh

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Firefire(m): 6:12am On Jul 21, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

Na Sarrki dey talk oh

Buhary is a confirmed No. 1 enemy of our democracy.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by sarrki(m): 6:37am On Jul 21, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

Na Sarrki dey talk oh

My brother Naija matters dey tire me

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by RZArecta2(m): 6:49am On Jul 21, 2018
sarrki:

....."He said while ICRC, in the conditional certificate, stated that the process should be at zero investment and management interference by the federal government, the Federal Ministry of Transport had already indicated an initial requirement of $8.8 million and another $300 million for the purchase of aircraft by December 2018......"

I wanted to bring this up earlier but no chance, do you now agree that Nigeria is currently being run by kleptomaniacs of the highest order ? How can you in one breath say the FG won't have any financial input into the national carrier while at the next breath seeking for billions to buy the planes ? A private investor with 95% stake in a company can't afford to buy the most important equipment his company needs ? You people should fear God and call Amaechi et al to order

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2018
sarrki:

E don tey wey e tire me sef angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by FarahAideed: 9:37am On Jul 21, 2018
The Airline is only a hurriedly put together pre election scam

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by EternalTruths: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2018
Nigeria Air is a waste when compared to opening Ibaka & Ibeno seaports that have the capacities to unlock Nigeria industrial potential.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by RZArecta2(m): 9:48am On Jul 21, 2018
APC zombies ran away from this thread like deranged moróns, I thought they would insult the lawmakers again calling them thieves but now they've seen the real thief here is Muhammadu Buhari, they're quiet like dead rats cool

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by slimfit1(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2018
The chairman will give free ticket to friends family and girlfriends. The first thing that will reck the airline.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Guestlander: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2018
Ethiopia can run a world class airline and Nigerians are bickering over little things. The people who killed Virgin Nigeria are probably at work again.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by joeace2020(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Yusuf54: 11:07am On Jul 21, 2018
Today Is my Birthday, 1 Million Likes for Me

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Sharpshooota: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2018
Buhari is a corrupt terrorist....

Anything he does has a sinister motive

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by RZArecta2(m): 11:11am On Jul 21, 2018
sarrki:

my guy my guy, I heard you now doubt bayajida's integrity, I would have told you "good morning" but your logic is on per second billing and can easily be interrupted by the next BMC allawee. Anyways sha, holla me when next you're in port Harcourt let me host you in my zanga grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Sharpshooota: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2018
Guestlander:
Ethiopia can run a world class airline and Nigerians are bickering over little things. The people who killed Virgin Nigeria are probably at work again.

Shut Up o ye hailers of corrupt old men...
You must be a Yoruba Muslim

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Paperwhite(m): 11:12am On Jul 21, 2018
Apart from drawings of airplanes, there are no structures to indicate that a new airline, billed to commence operation in December this year, is being set up; there are no offices, no recruitment of personnel and no form of ground activity anywhere in the country.

“Does it not smack of pure scam that less than six months to commence operations, the supposed new airline has not even started the process of licensing, even when it takes a minimum of six months for a new airline to obtain Air Operating License and three months to develop its manuals?

“Furthermore, every discerning mind can see through the lies in the announced private sector funding, as the Buhari administration has been unable to list any private investor it has gone into negotiation or signed any form of deal with in the said project.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/nigeria-air-buhari-deceiving-nigerians.html

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Sharpshooota: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2018
RZArecta2:
my guy my guy, I heard you now doubt bayajida's integrity, I would have told you "good morning" but your logic is on per second billing and can easily be interrupted by the next BMC allawee. Anyways sha, holla me when next you're in port Harcourt let me host you in my zanga grin

Abeg free sarrki....
Na anywhere belle face

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Newpride(m): 11:15am On Jul 21, 2018
What has their previous or past investigations yielded.
Only EFCC during PMB regime has investigated and got little result. Others are poo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 21, 2018
Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by tstx(m): 11:15am On Jul 21, 2018
Naija
Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by chloride6: 11:17am On Jul 21, 2018
The Northerners have come again ooh.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Aguata1stson(m): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2018
they should not worry, what they just lunched is Logo and name and that is where it will end. let's not disappoint ourselves by expecting any national Carrie.
since the lunch of Ogoni Clean up. has anything happened

Please check my profile for EFFECTIVE FUMIGATION AND PEST CONTROL against bed bugs, mosquitoes, flies, roaches, rats Etc
and Odorless Fumigation

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Aguata1stson(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2018
they should not worry, what they just lunched is Logo and name and that is where it will end. let's not disappoint ourselves by expecting any national Carrier.
since the lunch of Ogoni Clean up. has anything happened

Please check my profile for EFFECTIVE FUMIGATION AND PEST CONTROL against bed bugs, mosquitoes, flies, roaches, rats Etc
and Odorless Fumigation

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by RexTramadol1: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2018
All this have been pinpointed by Reuben Abatti in his article.

Oby also saw the loopholes in the mannerism in which the planned take-off is heading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by Abbeyme: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2018
Probe already?
Re: Nigeria Air: Trouble For National Carrier As Reps Mull Probe Of Concession Deal by RZArecta2(m): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Abeg free sarrki....
Na anywhere belle face
LOL cheesy na my guy, just some times the crank shaft for him head dey shake but he's still my guy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Those Who Voted PMB Are Enjoying / June 12: Gani Adams Hails Buhari, Asks Him To Restructure Nigeria / Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.