Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me (61098 Views)

Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo Risk World Cup Ban In Yaounde / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by RZArecta2(m): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2018
odi1278:
I don't really get why mikel won't speak with his dad. Hopefully they sort out the issues. No wonder Mikel was still able to play as he doesn't have much feelings for his dad.
simple, create an impression that they're not on speaking terms so as to discourage other would-be kidnappers

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Pataricatering(f): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2018
How would his son call him ! Nigerian men will cheat their wives for decades under the guise of man of the house , won’t show love to their kids , womanize with small girls that will disrespect them anyhow unlike the wife at home they would have frustrated nearly to death with “submission “ ! After all this - your wife hates you , your children can’t stand you - you will now be complaining bitterly !

4 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nightmareo07: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2018
maxiuc:
Na arrangee interview be this

Mikel doesn't want his dad to kidnapped again so they have to arrange for this interview so that people will think that he isn't throwing money to the Dad as we thought

Simple logic

U and ahmodu4real are the most sensible people here..

2 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2018
maxiuc:
Na arrangee interview be this

Mikel doesn't want his dad to kidnapped again so they have to arrange for this interview so that people will think that he isn't throwing money to the Dad as we thought

Simple logic

Wonder why people no think like this all the money dey use to buy the bus for the transport the man even mention na manner from above abi.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2018
Please don't blame Mikel some Father treat their sons like shit. My Friend's Father abused his first son for failing to get a job after university even though the Mum was the only one who supported him in school.

Even after he came home the Mum still supported him while he learned software, last year he got a very lucrative Job with SAP Germany.

Come see as papa was rejoicing about. As of now the Son in Germany hardly speak to him or even send him money. only through the Mum and the house he built for them. Mikel's dad could be one of those unsupportive types.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by kushercain: 10:02am On Jul 21, 2018
kokoA:
Guys are naturally closer to their mum than dad. I hardly pick up the phone to call my dad myself, I'd rather call my mum and ask after my dad, though he calls me from time to time and our conversations always goes thus:

Dad: How are you?
Me: Fine Sir
Dad: How is business?
Dad: When are you coming to see us?
Me : I don't know yet but I will try very soon.
Dad: Okay, bye.
Me: Thank you sir.

African fathers always tend to make themselves look like "Adolf Hitler" to their kids, these children grow op with the fear of their dads in mind. You can love your dad so much and provide his needs, but you can never have that close relationship with him like your mom.

Same with me, now the man is trying but it is too late. At times it gets akward when we are in the same room

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nightmareo07: 10:03am On Jul 21, 2018
jrusky:
Pls may I ask a question because I have noticed this of high proportion between my people from the East when they make money their father is always their enemy or the loser only their mother take all pls why

It's a shock to hear this from.mikel father so even his father gas not seen his kids? This is unbelievable I'm a bit disappointed no matter what the father did wrong his action don't worth it.

If u only u have sense u would know this interview was for a purpose..

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by babadee1(m): 10:03am On Jul 21, 2018
Isn't this the same father that forced him to sign with Chelsea after committing to Man Utd? I heard he collected some money under the table for that deal. It may be why they're now estranged.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Lordofthewest(m): 10:06am On Jul 21, 2018
Another example of a typical igbo bastard that give no regards to their parents.. Na leg una dey kuku use wake una papa
diebuhari1:

Buhari and his Afonja supporters will not go unpunished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nightmareo07: 10:06am On Jul 21, 2018
YorubaEmir:
Reminds me when I made a comment and said.."Mikel is not doing us any favor by playing for the national team, he plays, he gets paid"
But some witchcraft bounced on me.
How can someone watch his father who raised him wallow in the kidnappers den while he goes to show his "skills" in Russia because of his love for Nigeria?

Some people were shouting... He is patriotic, he should be immortalised because someone he refused to call his father was kidnapped and he is scoring goalssss for Nigeria.

So much for patriotism

Ur name said it all.. That's all could pick from the write up... Yoruba /emir can Neva produce a good combination
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Viking007(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2018
kokoA:
Guys are naturally closer to their mum than dad. I hardly pick up the phone to call my dad myself, I'd rather call my mum and ask after my dad, though he calls me from time to time and our conversations always goes thus:

Dad: How are you?
Dad: How is business?
Dad: When are you coming to see us?
Me : I don't know yet but I will try very soon.
Dad: Okay, bye.
Me: Thank you sir.

African fathers always tend to make themselves look like "Adolf Hitler" to their kids, these children grow op with the fear of their dads in mind. You can love your dad so much and provide his needs, but you can never have that close relationship with him like your mom.
Story of my life. cheesy
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by magicminister: 10:08am On Jul 21, 2018
Afonja007:
mechie onu there, if you give a black person the whole lagos as agift it will still not be enough him or her ,george clooney invited 14 of childhood friends and gave each one one them 1 million dollars each i hope you know what 14 million dollars am talking of 5 billion naira ,mikel girl friend is from a every rich family the other day mikel dads brother was in hospital looking for help while mikel there ,pls pls mikel is rich enough to help anybody he want to help

Bro, Mikel isn’t that super rich like you think.
He made about 7-10 million pounds last year. Factor in the 45% tax rate which comes before you pay other bills such as mortgage, home owner tax and things like that. At the end of it all, Mikel is probably left with 1.5 - 2million per annum. That’s not a lot of money. They problem is that we convert this money to naira and think it can buy heaven on earth!!

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by bionixs: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2018
odi1278:
I don't really get why mikel won't speak with his dad. Hopefully they sort out the issues. No wonder Mikel was still able to play as he doesn't have much feelings for his dad.
oga, you wont understand what security measure is in the family
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2018
BUHARImyDOG:
THE IDIOTIC MIKEL DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT HIS FATHER
do you know if the father was idiotic when he was a nobody and didn't care for him? Think before you talk like a lazy yoot
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by OBJANDIBB: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2018
RockHard:
Seems all is not well between Mikel and his dad. I wonder why.

It might be a decoy. This interview is a strategy against future similar situation.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2018
BUHARImyDOG:
THE IDIOTIC MIKEL DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT HIS FATHER
do you know if the father was idiotic when he was a nobody and didn't care for him? Think before you talk like a lazy yoot.is he not calling his mum
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by YorubaEmir: 10:11am On Jul 21, 2018
Nightmareo07:

Ur name said it all.. That's all could pick from the write up... Yoruba /emir can Neva produce a good combination

I didn't pick anything from yours as well
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 21, 2018
The man said Mikel once said he picked up his phone to call his dad but something asked him not to. As an African, pa Mikel's village people have succeeded in turning his son against him. They don't have issues sef, but just lack communication. The old man should keep praying for him. God will break that york someday. His story is heartbreaking.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by babytoun: 10:13am On Jul 21, 2018
odi1278:

Una don start ...crying more than the bereaved . leave mikel and father to sort out their problem.

I personally think his dad is painting a kind of picture to discourage kidnappers from targeting him

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by mudiana(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2018
So na only him mama him dey call. Mama Mikel, ur husband has turned d eyes of kidnappers away from him to u. Ndo!
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2018
benben1000:
Typical Nigerians don't judge Mikel without hearing his side of the story.

Nigerians think those big money they hear Mikel makes is his actual income. ..LOL. If you hear he makes 30000 pounds a week for example, divide it by 3, so 10000 pounds his all that he takes home after paying about 30-40 percent in taxes, 10% agent fee, mortgage, car, family and home expenses at least 10000 pounds a month. At the end of the month, I assure you Mike might have not more that 40000 pounds in the bank assuming no emergencies and family dramas. Out of the 40000 pounds, he takes another 20 - 30% to invest into his investments pretty sure he has some that requires operation costs. Now that he plays in China is the only time he gets to save money in taxes.

Have you wondered why most athletes go broke when they retire or stop working? Because they don't have much money as we think.
How you know all the details. Mikel has money and he his not doing well not calling or taking care of his dad.

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by VictorRomanov: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2018
odi1278:

I knew someone will say this. But he sent the money for the ransom. Don't judge when you don't know all involved.

Shay you've seen the husband and wife and pride threads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by ademoladeji(m): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2018
FarahAideed:
The only thing I noticed is that he was kidnapped by Hausa speaking men who were most likely Fulani herdsmen

So, other tribes don't speak in Hausa Language abi?

You missed where he said "and broken English" too? If they were Hausas or Fulanis, I'm sure he would have said they have Hausa accent.

Let's condemn the act of kidnapping rather than trying being up tribal debates here.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by millionboi(m): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2018
CaptainStephen:
Good psychology here, he needs to fly this so people won't follow the path of previous kidnappers. Been kidnapped twice is too much na.
lol

It could be true,he doesn't call him,for reasons best known to him,but for sure he sends him money.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by blaqroy: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2018
Daddy you must have left him for only mum to train that's y he is paying u back,God bless our mothers,thank God for ur safety too
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Ibrahim505(m): 10:19am On Jul 21, 2018
The father moves to tarnish the image of his son in the media by saying he didn't called him for five years.

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2018
Amakavula:
Please don't blame Mikel some Father treat their sons like shit. My Friend's Father abused his first son for failing to get a job after university even though the Mum was the only one who supported him in school.

Even after he came home the Mum still supported him while he learned software, last year he got a very lucrative Job with SAP Germany.

Come see as papa was rejoicing about. As of now the Son in Germany hardly speak to him or even send him money. only through the Mum and the house he built for them. Mikel's dad could be one of those unsupportive types.
If Mikel's dad has been unsupportive as you've just put it, Mikel won't have had any reason to even talk to him. Did you ask yourself why it started just 5yrs ago? How long has Mikel been abroad? From his story, they had a good relationship. The man is doing well for himself too and does not depend on Mikel's wealth. There's more to this than meets the eye.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Shegzy8(m): 10:22am On Jul 21, 2018
benben1000:

They do. They get 10% from all salary of their client. Pretty standard. Transfers are one in a 5 yrs deal...so you want hunger to kill your agent if you have no transfer in 10yrs? Lol...kokikiki.
Ignorance at its peak..they don't get any % from players wages...they make their cash from players moving from one club to another..they make so much..some have so many players they manage..browse it out and know how much they make per transfer and how many players they manage

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by jjmk(m): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2018
DontBeStupid:
People showered praises on mikel for going ahead to play at the world cup when his father was kidnapped, not knowing that mikel no even send im papa...

The boy did NOT call his father for OVER 5 YEARS!
Just negodu....

Lesson: Things are not always the way they appear.
He no send am yet he promptly sent the 10m....u well at all?

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by omochelsea004(m): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2018
greenmonk:

Only stupid children fear their father. If you behave well and Iisten your father he'll be very close to you and tell you a lot of confidential things and even the family history but if your only concern is to play computer games and football your father is likely to fall out with you.
Then if you make it by chance you hold grudges as if 0.01percent of Nigerian children made it through football. Issa orite kontinu, your children go pay you back in the same coin.

Cc no be me talkam o na God talkam oo!
Whatever you measure with so shall be done onto you.
"stupid child like yourself" only stupid pple like yourself don't have an atom of respect for other pple's opinion without resulting to insulting them... what do u even expect the father to say? Do u want him to agree that he is being sent 50 million every week so that the kidnappers will keep kidnapping him frequently... he made it clear that immediately Mikel was contacted he released money for the ransom to be paid... i think the father is only trying to get the kidnappers & the intending ones off his back by claming Mikel doesn't call him... lest i forget, Mikel was still the one that helped set up that transportation business for his father
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2018
greenmonk:

Only stupid children fear their father. If you behave well and Iisten your father he'll be very close to you and tell you a lot of confidential things and even the family history but if your only concern is to play computer games and football your father is likely to fall out with you.
Then if you make it by chance you hold grudges as if 0.01percent of Nigerian children made it through football. Issa orite kontinu, your children go pay you back in the same coin.

Cc no be me talkam o na God talkam oo!
Whatever you measure with so shall be done onto you.

Do you have a recording from Him to backup your claims? Stop being foolish, you've infected 5 people already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds / Champions League Final: Liverpool Fan Buys £40 Car To Travel For Madrid (photos / 'Most Beautiful' Super Falcons Michelle Alozie Admits Having A Crush On Iwobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.