Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me (61099 Views)

Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) / Victor Moses, Mikel, Ighalo Risk World Cup Ban In Yaounde / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by FarahAideed: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2018
ademoladeji:

Oga, no be only you hate them especially wit the crimes associated with them.

Back to the topic before I park well, we need analyse the little information provided very well. The kidnappers could be Igbos or Yoruba or other tribes but not ruling out the fact they could also be Hausa or Fulanis

Most Fulanis no even fit speak broken English.

You dey make sense ooo but I naturally suspect Fulani these days and you don't blame me ...

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 21, 2018
Kewtt:

Well I am sure your kids will disown you for it
No problem! i will be fine without my children, then again i will be getting married and having even more kids so Again No problem cheesy grin
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by lloyds(m): 11:35am On Jul 21, 2018
It's a one side story. Very successful children face family and village issues in this part of the world.
I know what am saying. .
But no matter the case, you father is your father and deserves to eat out your fruits at least.

He may not be disclosed to speaking to him, but he needs to be financially responsible. Let him give his parent a relocation and better security.

I will not blame Mikel until full story is known.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Kewtt: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2018
gypsey:
No problem! i will be fine without children, then again i will be getting married and having even more kids so Again No problem cheesy grin
Great.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by HisSexcellency(m): 11:36am On Jul 21, 2018
benben1000:
Typical Nigerians don't judge Mikel without hearing his side of the story.

Nigerians think those big money they hear Mikel makes is his actual income. ..LOL. If you hear he makes 30000 pounds a week for example, divide it by 3, so 10000 pounds his all that he takes home after paying about 30-40 percent in taxes, 10% agent fee, mortgage, car, family and home expenses at least 10000 pounds a month. At the end of the month, I assure you Mike might have not more that 40000 pounds in the bank assuming no emergencies and family dramas. Out of the 40000 pounds, he takes another 20 - 30% to invest into his investments pretty sure he has some that requires operation costs. Now that he plays in China is the only time he gets to save money in taxes.

Have you wondered why most athletes go broke when they retire or stop working? Because they don't have much money as we think.
At the bolded, who pays mortgage per week, and can you explain the "car", family, "home" and other expenses that gulps his income
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 21, 2018
Kewtt:

Great.
thanks!
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 21, 2018
How was their relationship before Mikel blow?
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by ademoladeji(m): 11:41am On Jul 21, 2018
diebuhari1:
Yoruba Muslims and studpid defence of their Fulani masters.
SMH

Hahahahaha....

You can't even spell STUPID correctly.

Bros, no get heartache ooooo

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by shreder(m): 11:41am On Jul 21, 2018
We all know most African fadas act lyk dey are dictators at home,may b dats why dey are not talkin
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by lloyds(m): 11:47am On Jul 21, 2018
maxiuc:
Na arrangee interview be this

Mikel doesn't want his dad to kidnapped again so they have to arrange for this interview so that people will think that he isn't throwing money to the Dad as we thought

Simple logic

Very possible though.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2018
kokoA:
Guys are naturally closer to their mum than dad. I hardly pick up the phone to call my dad myself, I'd rather call my mum and ask after my dad, though he calls me from time to time and our conversations always goes thus:

Dad: How are you?
Me: Fine Sir
Dad: How is business?
Dad: When are you coming to see us?
Me : I don't know yet but I will try very soon.
Dad: Okay, bye.
Me: Thank you sir.

African fathers always tend to make themselves look like "Adolf Hitler" to their kids, these children grow op with the fear of their dads in mind. You can love your dad so much and provide his needs, but you can never have that close relationship with him like your mom.

This is why we should train our kids as our friends, not as a "father". You are right.

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by eterisan(m): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2018
kokoA:
Guys are naturally closer to their mum than dad. I hardly pick up the phone to call my dad myself, I'd rather call my mum and ask after my dad, though he calls me from time to time and our conversations always goes thus:

African fathers always tend to make themselves look like "Adolf Hitler" to their kids, these children grow op with the fear of their dads in mind. You can love your dad so much and provide his needs, but you can never have that close relationship with him like your mom.
Go fix your relationship with your dad and stop whining on social media. I call my dad at least once or twice a week. He is my guide, spiritual father and mentor. But when it comes to my mum we roll like friends and siblings. One day you will grow old too.

Men usually suffer from abandonment and loneliness in old age, cos women take all the love. The change starts with you.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
kokoA:

That’s just the truth. Most children are closer to their mom than their dads
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by TEYA: 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
sexybaby22:
Mikel not speaking with his Dad for so long is bad, but sometimes Africans who tend to have one sibling doing much better than the rest expect that sibling to be throwing round money unreasonable, thinking that 'shebi the money is there' not knowing that the person has to plan for the future and not live for the moment.
They don't understand the struggle it takes to make the money.
That's his father..
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
diebuhari1:

Buhari and his Afonja supporters will not go unpunished

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
DontBeStupid:
People showered praises on mikel for going ahead to play at the world cup when his father was kidnapped, not knowing that mikel no even send im papa...

The boy did NOT call his father for OVER 5 YEARS!
Just negodu....

Lesson: Things are not always the way they appear.
Oga calm down. If he hasn’t spoken with his both parents for 5yrs then that would have been a problem but he speaks to his mom regularly which means his dad obviously did something wrong sometime ago.
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by robertito7(m): 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
DontBeStupid:
People showered praises on mikel for going ahead to play at the world cup when his father was kidnapped, [/b]not knowing that mikel no even send im papa... [b]

The boy did NOT call his father for OVER 5 YEARS!
Just negodu....

Lesson: Things are not always the way they appear.
this part funny me shaa
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Iykextian(m): 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
mikel's father just revealed to kidnappers who to abducte next, his mum! They should just go for his mum. More money will be paid if it happens to be the mum. But AUSAA people self! Why una de come east come do ur bad business na? The rich men for una land don finish?

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by oloripelebe2: 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Baba dey use format jare, he no wan make dem re kidnap am again
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by bleskid: 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Intrepid01:

Hmmm...bros don't sit down there and judge him okay....it is so difficult to call and relate with someone you never had relationship with. You are able to call your mum and Dad cos there's a relationship built long ago, if there isn't you won't be able to. some people can relate with it you may not .
best market noise maker of the year... u are welcome sir
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Aguata1stson(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
RockHard:
Seems all is not well between Mikel and his dad. I wonder why.

and how does that concern you. can't you mind your own family Peace. that's the only thing you red in that interview
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Aguata1stson(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
sexybaby22:
Mikel not speaking with his Dad for so long is bad, but sometimes Africans who tend to have one sibling doing much better than the rest expect that sibling to be throwing round money unreasonable, thinking that 'shebi the money is there' not knowing that the person has to plan for the future and not live for the moment.
They don't understand the struggle it takes to make the money.

point of correction, Mikel's father is ok also he is like one ovthe biggest transport owner playing East from the North and his two brothers are also doing fine so no one is expecting anybody to throw money around. his two brothers might not be as rich as he is but they are ok and his father is also ok on his own. so cancel that thought in your head
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Toks2008(m): 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
I can't remember when I picked up my phone to call my dad for all the years he spent on earth but that does not reduce my love for him. In most cases guys tend to call their mum more often.

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Zirah: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
diebuhari1:

Buhari and his Afonja supporters will not go unpunished

But you are daft. Where's Evans from?

1 Like

Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Aguata1stson(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
whatever it is must not be serious. since he said sometimes, Mikel will bring his phone to call but something will hold him back and he also talk to him using his mum's phone so whatever it is is not serious. trust Bloggers now to carry this on their head and start adding it hands and legs

Please check my profile for EFFECTIVE FUMIGATION against bed bugs, mosquitoes, flies, roaches, rats etc and Odorless Fumigation for hospitals and hotels
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by mikaael(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
benben1000:
Typical Nigerians don't judge Mikel without hearing his side of the story.

Nigerians think those big money they hear Mikel makes is his actual income. ..LOL. If you hear he makes 30000 pounds a week for example, divide it by 3, so 10000 pounds his all that he takes home after paying about 30-40 percent in taxes, 10% agent fee, mortgage, car, family and home expenses at least 10000 pounds a month. At the end of the month, I assure you Mike might have not more that 40000 pounds in the bank assuming no emergencies and family dramas. Out of the 40000 pounds, he takes another 20 - 30% to invest into his investments pretty sure he has some that requires operation costs. Now that he plays in China is the only time he gets to save money in taxes.

Have you wondered why most athletes go broke when they retire or stop working? Because they don't have much money as we think.

Their brokenness is some peoples richness ooo
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by EmzyT: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
You've not called your own DAD for over 5 years regardless of what the family Crisis may be? is there any other way of defining "Being Heartless" rather than this one? God Forbid But when he dies now, you'll be the first to go and buy a golden coffin or a latest car to bury him inside.. God is watching you
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by GistFullGround: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Destroe:
Stingy man, it was only ten million you gave this boys after all the ordeal angry how do you expect them to equal or overtake Evans undecided and you will be saying the youth are the leader of tomorrow, how can they be the leader of tomorrow when you won't give them a chance

By the special grace of God, one of your relatives or someone you hold dear will be kidnapped...
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Sanchase: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
The issue is that there is a girl named "Otuocha" that is destined for Mikel in his village but he doesn't want to marry her, that is why he is having problems with his father
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by SmartyPants(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
kokoA:

Why can't you just speak for yourself alone?
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Your mama no well, and u are a proof that she failed woefully in her parental duties...

STUPID CUNT!
jjmk:

He no send am yet he promptly sent the 10m....u well at all?
Re: Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me by Sanchase: 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
The issue is that there is a girl named "Otuocha" that is destined for Mikel in his village but he doesn't want to marry her, that is why he is having problems with his father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds / 'Most Beautiful' Super Falcons Michelle Alozie Admits Having A Crush On Iwobi / Champions League Final: Liverpool Fan Buys £40 Car To Travel For Madrid (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.