Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces (474 Views)

Ooni Leads Yoruba Monarchs To Welcome Tinubu To Ibadan / Ifeanyi Ibezi Loses House Of Reps Seat To Obinna Chidoka / South-West Monarchs To Save Osinbajo From Impeachment - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
BREAKING! 2019 : Document Signed by Bende Monarchs to Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces; "Agreement Binding", Says Elder(Photos)

By Wisdom Nwedene

As 2019 general election draws close, many candidates from Bende local government area are eager to represent their people in various elective positions.

Igbere TV has exclusively obtained document mutually signed by the leaders of Bende local government area in order to maintain peace, love and unity. The agreement was that Bende will be bound to rotation of political offices and no candidate or zone will retain the seat for good consecutive teams.

When Igbere TV contacted an elder in the community to confirm this document, he said that such mutually agreement happened and revealed the reason behind it.

According to him,

"This document was signed by the leaders of our communities. They were not politicians, they wanted peace in the land and should be celebrated for doing this. We must respect them. How can one go against the order , an agreement between two brothers and be supported . Can one represent those he does not respect? No wonder we have not felt the impact in this recent past."

"We have to show regard to the voice of Peace , equity and good conscience and be ready for the the consequences. Bende South is not in slavery and that’s why they are uniting to secure what rightfully belongs to them."

"We have respected this norm and supported our brothers for these years and thank God they currently agreed to reciprocate except for some deviants who have no access to our political history or does but very disrespectful to the wishes of our elders", he said.

Igbere TV learnt that Barrister Benjamin Kalu who has been in consultation with Bende traditional rulers for clarification on the brotherly agreement between Bende North and Bende South was presented with a document with the records of the agreement entered into 12 years ago.

The document confirmed the agreement to rotate among other things and those who signed it are still alive and willing to confirm it.

According to them, the essence of the brotherly agreement  was to ensure peace and unity among people of same kind . They clarified that Bende remains the biggest local Government area which has not been split since 1976 like many others in the country. While calling on the federal government to look into splitting Bende into three LGA ; Bende North Bende Central and Bende South, they maintained that if we were different Local governments like in other federal constituencies , each LGA will be allowed to give a shot at it.

The traditional rulers called on the political parties to be careful in their decision to ensure that the peace and brotherhood that has held Bende together will not be destroyed.

Barr. Benjamin Kalu an aspirant of  the Ikwuishi ( Bende South ) extraction, thanked them and encourage them to initiate a Bende leaders meeting soon to address this issue that is trying to split Bende .

He called on the people of Bende to follow the part of equity which has numerous benefits and thanked them for supporting him in this fight to balance the equation which he started in 2002.

Below are documents  signed by the leaders of the communities and how each zone has  been into elective positions since 1954 - 2019.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/446911/breaking-2019-document-signed-by-bende-monarchs-to-rotate-fed-reps-seat-surfaces-agreement-binding-says-elderphotos/

Re: BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
sad
Re: BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces by Igboblog: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hmmmmmm, na wa oooo. So na by rotation, no be by waiting the person fit do? Ok grin cheesy
Re: BREAKING! Document Signed By Bende Monarchs To Rotate Fed. Reps Seat Surfaces by OHOnairaland: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Back in my primary school time, we were thought how the name NIGERIA came about, the person that designed the Nigerian flag and what green white green signified. We were also tutored on the Nigerian coat of arm, the symbols thereon and what they stood for. I have grown up now as an adult only to realise that I don't know what our Naira - the Nigerian currency stands for nor how it came about. This is really shameful. I have not read about it anywhere and no school has ever thought me about it, not in the primary, secondary nor tertiary. Could there be a secrete surrounding the name as someone was making me believe recently? He said it meant Never Allow Igbos Rule Again. If it is not being taught, I personally think that such omission couldn't have been unintentional. Who can resolve the quagmire for me?

(1) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Emerges Osun PDP Governorship Candidate / PRESIDENT BUHARI Says, I’m Devastated By The Scale Of Losses To Victims / Reno Omokiri Dares Buhari To Lay Hand On Bishop Oyedepo For Speaking The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.