Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa (28996 Views)

Private Firm, SecureID To Manage Abuja-Kaduna Rail E-Ticket For 10 Years / Jamil Abubakar To Pay Flight Ticket For 5 People That Have Never Been On Plane / RUSSIA 2018-how To Get There.first Hand Experience Of A Brazil 2014 Attendee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by forghon: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Let me sharply call Neymar my long time frnd give me her details she’s goin to Brazil without a visa
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Jackbell17: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ok. And it's a do or die, abi?
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by horhizah(f): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
There's no cause for alarm, all she needs to do is to call the airline and ask for a reschedule.
If the new date is same price as the old, she won't need to make any payment, but if it's higher, she'll just pay the difference. I'm very sure this will save you a lot of stress.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by olah23(m): 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
This is a big lie it was 11 before they change it last year Nov to 21 days
adigunomomama:

First, brazil visa takes up to 40 to 90 days to process, even if you have a letter from the policia federal for urgent visa here in Nigeria, the consulate will still do some administration process and background check to issue the visa so buying a ticket is NO NO NO.

Go to the airline and change the date of the ticket or ask for a refund before the date get close.

Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by sleek82(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
enuelsmith:
Your mother should have known best, she doesn't need to purchase airline tickets before issuance of visa, what the embassy wants was only a reservation..Invariably, if she got denied, she might lost 60 percent of the total ticket money, and that is subject to the categories of the ticket purchased..some tickets doesn't allow for refund
did you read the part he said she doesn't speak English and it's her first time? He should just call the airline to postpone the dates....it would probably cost him like $100-200 depending on the new dates he chooses
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by midehi2(f): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2018
GiftEnya:

Will an interview be held for her the same day she goes to submit these documents?
Dear, if she has not been granted visa 2 days before date of travel, it's better she do date change on her flight ticket (which will cost little) or as well let the airline open the ticket for her (which is always duration of 1yr) until she's granted the visa. u are supposed to do just return ticket reservation not buying return ticket, take this advice than cancelling ur ticket cos it might not be refunded or they might refund little.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by fabienjoe: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
GiftEnya:

Please can she use certificate of incorporation of another company she has no affiliation with?

I want to borrow fromy friend but will they not question her?

Why are Nigerians inherently dishonest? Borrow that for what exactly? Pass it off as hers? SMH! This is why Nigerians face one of the most rigorous processes for visa in the whole world. They can go to any length to deceive.
Firstly your mum did not have to pay for her flight before the visa application. No country requires that. You can book a flight and print it out. You pay no dime for it. You can do it in any cybercafe with less than N500. No embassy requires you to provide a letter of incorporation if you didn't State in your visa form that you run a business. What they usually need is evidence of employment. A letter from your employer and payslips would do for that one, not forgetting a leave letter corresponding with the intended travel period. Students should provide school ID cards and apply to travel during the holidays.

However, since she's a trader but obviously didn't register her business with CAC, she can go with any evidence that she runs that business like copies of invoices from suppliers and ones she issued to customers, tax clearance certificates, rent and other bills for the shop etc. and bank statements showing he cash flow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by yusfaith78(m): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
First of all, why would your mum pay for flight ticket she intend to use for visa? She only needs a flight reservation. Anyway, she can do a date change of the ticket she bought.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by nairalanduseles: 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
don't be discouraged just send lots of emails and calls explain u ve gotten ur ticket i was in the same situation when i was gonna go to the states my first time and they fast tracked it instead of 3 months i was given in 2 weeks .......try to get to the consular ........they just need to be sure she is genuine

NB...PLS DON'T PAY ANY BRIBE......CALL URSELF
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by nairalanduseles: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2018
midehi2:

Dear, if she has not been granted visa 2 days before date of travel, it's better she do date change on her flight ticket (which will cost little) or as well let the airline open the ticket for her (which is always duration of 1yr) until she's granted the visa. u are supposed to do just return ticket reservation not buying return ticket, take this advice than cancelling ur ticket cos it might not be refunded or they might refund little.

u don't even need a return ticket bro
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by chigoizie7(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
jaymichael:
I don't know how these consulate things work. Our former landlady (above 70 years) at Ajegunle wey no even fit pidgin not to talk of English was given a two year American visa. She said she told them she wanted to go see her daughter and her children. They asked her through an interpreter for how long is she gonna spend, she said if they give her 2 weeks, one or two month is ok. The consular officer said 'no no no no no too small' they stamped her a two year visa for her first time traveling outside Nigeria.

A landlady of over 70 is not going to America to hustle or live. She is going there to spend money.

Na 5 years dem for knack her.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by okwabayi(m): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ah ah, what do you want us to do again? The money don go na. It is one of the parts I hate about applying for foreign visas, your 45k+ NGN go disappear like fresh smoke and you can't complain.

This is Nigeria sha so I guess a way must exist. However know beforehand you may end up paying more than four times the amount required had you followed the proper protocol.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
This shows that Your mother was a novice and next time,Try to seek advices before going ahead to book ticket.Usually embassy would always warn not to pay for a flight ticket before Visa.You should only proceed in getting your flight ticket not until your visa has been granted.She ought to have to made what is called ' Online Reservation ' and then she can pay after some certain days...

You will never get your full money back.She probably didn't buy any Travel insurance policy and also selected the cheapest fare...She might only get maybe 30 percent of her ticket reimbursed, depending on the airline policy.

Now the flight date is around the corner so you need to alert the airline as soon as possible,If not she would not even get a penny back because that is called 'No Show'.

No show means that a passenger didn't show up on the departure date or probably arrive so late at the counter for check in and they were already closed.In such situation,The Passenger can argue and would have to pay some certain fine in order to get on the next available flight.The same policy is applicable,If you do not cancel the ticket on time and file refund claims.Either ways you are never gonna get the $1900 back ,if lucky you get part of it.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
jaymichael:
I don't know how these consulate things work. Our former landlady (above 70 years) at Ajegunle wey no even fit pidgin not to talk of English was given a two year American visa. She said she told them she wanted to go see her daughter and her children. They asked her through an interpreter for how long is she gonna spend, she said if they give her 2 weeks, one or two month is ok. The consular officer said 'no no no no no too small' they stamped her a two year visa for her first time traveling outside Nigeria.
you mean after reading your own comment,you still don’t know why she was given 2 years?i tire for you...she is 70,that’s just the reason......
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by ayo6hammiey(m): 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
GiftEnya:
Please help!!

I have searched all the Brazil travel thread but I got no info..
Part of the requirement for a tourism visa is that you must have a travelling ticket, certificate of incorporation, personal bank statement etc.

She has done her online registration but she encountered difficulty when trying to pay online processing fee of $44. What should be done?

Now she has booked her flight which cost about 1900$ and she's due to travel on July 30.
Visa processing is 11 days and I am not sure this deadline can be met because she needs a certificate of incorporation. She doesn't have one because she doesn't have a company with CAC.
Please house, what can she do to fast track this process. $1900 must not waste like that ooo abeg..

It's her first trip oversea and this is definitely a bad experience..

she should contact the airline she booked with and ask them to defer her flight stating she's got VISA issues. Though there may be no refund but the flight will be deferred to a convenient time for her
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Jossycare: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
jaymichael:
Its always 2 years oooo
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Diso60090(m): 12:08am On Jul 22, 2018
Na una get Brazil wey be say visa never come out you go dey buy ticket

By the way wetin your mum dey go do there
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Smith35(m): 12:25am On Jul 22, 2018
Well, I don't think they accept online payment. Find the account number on the requirement list and pay to the bank. There's a fee for 3rd party submission and its lesser to submit on ur own. Your mum made a mistake by buying a ticket. The Brazilian embassy won't necessarily ask to see a ticket n if they do, it only requires booking without pay.
Overall, getting d visa years ago was as simple as ABC. Even though I got multiple entry for a year, I went once n that was it. The fact that they rarely speak English just weak me but it was fun out there
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Gloriawinning: 5:04am On Jul 22, 2018
This is the worst thing I ever read , book ticket no visa ?? Abeg
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Gloriawinning: 5:06am On Jul 22, 2018
^ ^^ please I was being impatient sorry. what we don’t know we might fall short on, your mum might not have the same level of int’l exposure that I have . Just like when I had relationship issues someone else might think I could do better and be shocked by my rather silly choices . I wish you guys all the best
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by ekhai(m): 6:20am On Jul 22, 2018
Next time, only make reservation. It's acceptable in visas processing. If visas not granted, then cancel the booking.
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by eyinjuege: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2018
Sharpshooota:
I'm sure she Voted APC and wants to abscond...

The disgrace meted out to Nigerians travelling abroad is too much and embarrassing...
My friend even had to run a medical test all in the quest for a UK visa... While their people comes as they like into Nigeria... We are a laughing stock among the comity of nations ..
Sorry mister... Your mum ain't going anywhere
We stay here together

Nobody will ask you for a medical test for a tourist visa to the UK
Your friend's visa is probably one that allows her or him to work in the UK, and not a visiting visa
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Sharpshooota: 6:59am On Jul 22, 2018
eyinjuege:

Nobody will ask you for a medical test for a tourist visa to the UK
Your friend's visa is probably one that allows her or him to work in the UK, and not a visiting visa

Yeah.. You right...
Do we have that in Nigeria?
All these Chinese and Lebanese etc... Do they go through such before entering the country
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by Jarus(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2018
No one can be too sure, but if you see no reason you can be denied visa, you can do so.

Last year I booked flight even before applying for UK visa and picked my visa on the Thursday or Friday before my travel on Sunday.

Risky, but I was just confident there was no reason I will be denied UK visa.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by midehi2(f): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
nairalanduseles:

u don't even need a return ticket bro
return ticket reservation is needed for first time visa, no airline will carry you on one way ticket for first time visit except for 2yrs study visa
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by nairalanduseles: 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
midehi2:

return ticket reservation is needed for first time visa, no airline will carry you on one way ticket for first time visit except for 2yrs study visa

my bro am not gonna argue with u .....that was what i was told but the first time i travelled got a one way ticket bro and when asked at naija airport i told them return makes no sense .....
NB ...it was a year study visa
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by midehi2(f): 9:44am On Jul 23, 2018
nairalanduseles:

my bro am not gonna argue with u .....that was what i was told but the first time i travelled got a one way ticket bro and when asked at naija airport i told them return makes no sense .....
NB ...it was a year study visa
My guy, use ya sense na, you buy one way ticket for ONLY 1yr or more study visa, any other visa for the first time must be return ticket (whether you returning or not) its my job.

Moreover, am not bro but sis tongue cheesy
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by nairalanduseles: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2018
midehi2:

My guy, use ya sense na, you buy one way ticket for ONLY 1yr or more study visa, any other visa for the first time must be return ticket (whether you returning or not) its my job.

u are a typical Nigerian really rude why are u arguing that is what the agent told me to.
and i did buy one way and i travelled......so you try to ask your bosses i will not insult you even though you are veru rude....
just stay away i don't like rude people
Re: My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa by yesBOSS222: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2018
midehi2:

Hello Midehi2,

I think you are the one getting it wrong. If you're an experienced travel professional, you should be able to explain to him much better.

One way tickets are allowed for study visas, regardless of the duration.

The only exception where you MUST buy a return ticket, is if and only if, the embassy states it that you must do so, and they will inform you about this before or after your visa has been issued. Another exception is if you are going for study in Asia for example, where you study duration is more than a year, but you were being issued a 3 months visa (this is common to Asian embassies).

I expect you to know better dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamentations As Igbo Transporters Exploit Igbo Commuters In South East / Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria / 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.