Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share (32956 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Photos Of Pius Adesanmi That Died In Ethiopian Airlines / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by overseasnbeyond: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
Dollabiz:
They’ve started again... so we can’t even run this successfully... nepa... to phcn ...to nigeria airways ..to nigeria air ...to auction smh
Bro. Government need not to be involved, see case of MTN n NTEL or whatever they call them.
Investors are after smooth business services and profit. Remember million of jobs to be created.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one I’m excited

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Bruemath(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Balet: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ethiopian Airline is costly, yo.....
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
I thought this would be a Nigerian venture, if the PMB administration sells off shares to non-nationalists in a transparent manner then truly the purpose would have been defeated.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Koolking(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
Great. Ethiopian Airline is undoubtedly one of the largest and most successful in Africa. But I would prefer Qatar Airline owns the largest share due to her experience in global aviation.

Long live the federal republic of Nigeria
Long live PMB

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by dvee2: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Badgers14:
I have neither used any of the airlines so not sure of their services. But I am proud of Ethiopia airlines, it looks like a well run organization ( considering African and their mostly mismanagement attitudes).

Qatar is not bad either.

But what I find interesting tho is how Nigerian Air is not even fully operational and companies are fighting to be the majority shareholder.

That is what the minister is trying to explain and people don't want to listen. Nigeria is only selling the brand name. The airline is going to be almost fully owned and run by private entities. That is the normal practice nowadays, Government have no business running it that was why previous arrangements didn't work, that is why South African airline and Kenya airline are not making profit.
But Ethiopian airline is making profit because it is privatised,it is not being run or owned by Ethiopian government. So if they buy into Nigeria Air,it is not the Ethiopian government that is buying,it is a private coy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by mybestlove(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
No comment.

Eyes wide open
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...i'll prefer Ethiopian airlines because they are african based and very stable history behind them...
A direct competitor? One that can compromise our national carrier at any time?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by dvee2: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:
I thought this would be a Nigerian venture, if the PMB administration sells off shares to non-nationalists in a transparent manner then truly the purpose would have been defeated.

Global practice now is that government invites investors to invest and run business for its people to benefit. Government hands off running business

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by arsenal33: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...i'll prefer Ethiopian airlines because they are african based and very stable history behind them...
The MD of Ethiopian airline is a white man

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by HolyHero: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ethiopia is the only ally we have in Africa... there's no way we won't give it to them
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
hammer6F:
ETHIOPIA IS GOOD FOR THE AFRICAN BROTHERHOOD.

ALSO, ETHIOPIA HAVE SHOWN MORE COMMITMENT TO NIGERIA.

LET US NOT FORGET THOSE WITH US IN OUR TIME OF TROUBLE AND NEED.

I AM REMEMBERING WAT ETHIOPIA DID IN KADUNA WHEN ABUJA WAS CLOSE.

What did they do?
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by fyneguy: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2018
jaxxy:
K... Crazy desperation

Government can do that to quicken the take-off and encourage investors, thereafter gradually take out the money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Icon4s(m): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blue3k:
I haven't flew with either carrier. My mom has has flew with Quatar airways and she thinks they're service is top notch. I guess Qutar since they have impeccable service.

Past participle of fly is what?

(a) Flied (b) Flew (c) Flown (d) Flyer

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
But why can't we run this country so that its assets benefit the millions of people of this country. Qatar and Ethopia are running their own airlines, and not handing it over to Nigeria or other countries.

Why should we handover our own airline to other countries to benefit from and steal all the wealth it will create while our people are walloping in abject poverty?

This insanity must stop. If Buhari cannot find Nigerians that can power this new airways, let him not do the deal at all. The next administration will find those Nigerians who can manage the country's airline so that it benefits Nigerians, not other countries. Do Ethopians not have the same brain like Nigerians do?

It is very tiring and hopeless and demoralizing being a Nigerian. I am tired of being a Nigerian.

THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MUST STOP THIS NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by fyneguy: 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
EmekusTHEgreat:

It is risky to sell to nationalists. They have not managed their airlines well. However, marginal % can be offered to Nigerians as shares, and some Nigerians can be appointed as Non-executive board members.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Amberon11: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Qatar airways is bomb. Flew with them twice and I can say they're the best I've used. They're planets away from Ethiopian air.
Blue3k:
I haven't flew with either carrier. My mom has has flew with Quatar airways and she thinks they're service is top notch. I guess Qutar since they have impeccable service.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by jaxxy(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
fyneguy:

Government can do that to quicken the take-off and encourage investors, thereafter gradually take out the money.

Take d money out how and still call it ur own? Take ur money out and they will change ur name so fast u won't know wat hit u.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Past participle of fly is what?
Flown flew and flied! English no easy oh. My guy correct am with love
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Guestlander: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
namet:
But why can't we run this country so that its assets benefit the millions of people of this country. Qatar and Ethopia are running their own airlines, and not handing it over to Nigeria or other countries.

Why should we handover our own airline to other countries to benefit from and steal all the wealth it will create while our people are walloping in abject poverty?

This insanity must stop. If Buhari cannot find Nigerians that can power this new airways, let him not do the deal at all. The next administration will find those Nigerians who can manage the country's airline so that it benefits Nigerians, not other countries. Do Ethopians not have the same brain like Nigerians do?

It is very tiring and hopeless and demoralizing being a Nigerian. I am tired of being a Nigerian.

THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MUST STOP THIS NONSENSE!

Haven't we done that before resulting in a series of monumental failures? Ajaokuta is a sad example, Nigeria Airways, Nitel, Nipost and many more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by TheUbermensch: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
overseasnbeyond:

Racist comment be more objective bro.

It's not racist rather it's strategic.

Nigeria has always had good relations with Ethiopia and Ethiopia has demonstrated itself as a giant in the continent. They are in the continent so they would definitely know how to handle challenges as regards air travel.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by mikool007(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mtcheww.....will this add money to my account, if they like they should sell it to Iraq tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by tiwiex(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
Ethiopians also will integrate better with us as Africans culturally. They love Nigerians to bits. Qatar will be strictly a business relationship. But why do I think we would go with Qatar? I hope there will be some objectivist and transparency towards the decision taken.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by fyneguy: 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
Whatever model government adopts should be such that it does not put further pressure on forex demand.

Maintenance and inspection facilities should be sited in Nigeria, in this regard.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by fyneguy: 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
jaxxy:

Take d money out how and still call it ur own? Take ur money out and they will change ur name so fast u won't know wat hit u.

For instance, if the 5% amounts to $15 Million, government will retain it and take out the difference.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
Tribalism is why failed in the past. You cannot plug square pegs in round holes and expect a good fit. Are you suggesting that we should handover everything to foreigners because we failed in the past?

I'm submitting that we have competent people in this country. Let merit and non-tribal consideration take hold in this country. Because Buhari can't find competent people who can manage and run an airline in the North doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Let us open up the country to every tribe, and that also means everything should not be located in Abuja or Lagos, for a project to be viable. Let us try, by ourselves, so that we get better as a people.

Countries become great by trying and failing and keeping on trying. America or even China would not be what it is today, if they hand given up and handed over everything to foreigners, because they failed in the past. Mind you America was once underdeveloped and technical mistakes and accidents still happen in China today.

Please, let us stop this defeatist mindset and see ourselves as capable of doing great things. Nigerians can run a successful airline. Let us not handover our airways to other countries.

Guestlander:

Haven't we done that before resulting in a series of monumental failures? Ajaokuta is a sad example, Nigeria Airways, Nitel, Nipost and many more.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by ashcall(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
ashcall:
That will be
Great
with these two coming on board will boost the capacity and acceptability of the airline ✈

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Divers Enter Third Mainland Bridge Water? / Nigerian Man Dies While Swimming In Italy(photos) / Relocating To An African Country: Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.