Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share (32962 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Photos Of Pius Adesanmi That Died In Ethiopian Airlines / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by obi58: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
hollowpot15684:

What is government business with Airline?

'Nigeria' is a Brand, and that is what Government is selling to Investors.

You for kuku ask what government's business is with government as they seem incapable of running anything so lets us kuku go ahead and privatise government grin
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by jaxxy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
fyneguy:

For instance, if the 5% amounts to $15 Million, government will retain it and take out the difference.

Dats not taking ur money out and Collecting ur profit from ur stake and dat will only happen based on the performance of the company.

This is a start up arline with no track record just hopes and uncertainty. U might even never get ur money back if the airline does poorly.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Terminator1234g: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
PointZerom:
Fly NigeriaCoffinAir.com at your peril
kiaaaa
Ipob sadists.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by tiwiex(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
overseasnbeyond:

Racist comment be more objective bro.
Maybe he was too broad in his response. You know there is a group economic trend going on with n Africa now? African leaders are beginning to question the low intra African trade which is essence of the African trade union. I tilk a bias towards Ethiopia too. They are experienced, they have a strong track record and they have respect for Nigerians as fellow Africans. Yes, I said it. Qatar would think they are doing us a favour while Ethiopia would be a bit more realistic an a partnership with an equal brother. Cultural similarities and even religious. These things might sound minor.l but this is a sort of marriage. We better fly along with Ethiopia if its for the long haul. Lol. Did I mention, their ladies are hotttttt. I really don't see a long term social and cultural fit with Qatar. I don't think you should call it racism. Just call it group economics. Its time we work together to save our continent. Qatar no send us.

PS: I have been to Ethiopia and the Emirates. As a Nigerian, you feel at home in Ethiopia. I advise we mix business with some social gains. Don't let's also forget this is mostly tourism and commerce. It will pay us down the line. This is the first step to join the Africa trade union. If we miss this, we wasted an opportunity for the continents benefit.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by docadams: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
hammer6F:
ETHIOPIA IS GOOD FOR THE AFRICAN BROTHERHOOD.

ALSO, ETHIOPIA HAVE SHOWN MORE COMMITMENT TO NIGERIA.

LET US NOT FORGET THOSE WITH US IN OUR TIME OF TROUBLE AND NEED.

I AM REMEMBERING WAT ETHIOPIA DID IN KADUNA WHEN ABUJA WAS CLOSE.

Your submission wins the debate. ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES has it.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Imustreturn(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
hammer6F:

even Enugu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
PointZerom:

Your mumu never do?
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by ifnyioj22(m): 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Which way Nigeria?

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by tiwiex(m): 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
arsenal33:

The MD of Ethiopian airline is a white man
Are you sure about that? https://www.staralliance.com/en/ceo-biography?pageName=ceoBiography&airlineCode=ET

Please get your facts right. I have seen him on TV interviews in the past. Na Ethiopian.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Izunwa(m): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
God just picked his call tongue

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by gcof(m): 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
Rich4god:
All these background news sef... All we need na for the plane with our name to fly...
lol even if your country is not getting a part of the profit in any way?
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by gcof(m): 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Izunwa:
48million Naira or dollars?
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by BedLam: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
hammer6F:

Dude. This is business and Qatar airways is a 5 star airline, if you know what that means? Plus they usually get subsidy from the Govt of Qatar which means they have too much money to run it.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Dee60: 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
What led to the collapse of Virgin Nigeria? Has the business climate changed?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by BedLam: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
dvee2:

That is what the minister is trying to explain and people don't want to listen. Nigeria is only selling the brand name. The airline is going to be almost fully owned and run by private entities. That is the normal practice nowadays, Government have no business running it that was why previous arrangements didn't work, that is why South African airline and Kenya airline are not making profit.
But Ethiopian airline is making profit because it is privatised,it is not being run or owned by Ethiopian government. So if they buy into Nigeria Air,it is not the Ethiopian government that is buying,it is a private coy
Ethiopian airline is fully owned by the govt and no one in that coubtry dare runs any other airline. Go and sit down or brush up on facts.

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Antipob777(f): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
When does this happens because I haven't flown on this planes before and can't said which I prefers.

I held about the Quatar airline during the time I run my masters degeree in 2005. The Quatar plane is good as I held.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Hienna(m): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
anyone is okay jare
ethopian na brother
Qatar go make it easy to travel to asian countries directly rather than having a stop over in Johannesburg.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
fyneguy:

It is risky to sell to nationalists. They have not managed their airlines well. However, marginal % can be offered to Nigerians as shares, and some Nigerians can be appointed as Non-executive board members.

Don't forget that the net profits would be repatriated to these countries, gain which could have gone a long way to help the Nigerian economy
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Icon4s(m): 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
excellence44:

Flown flew and flied! English no easy oh.
My guy correct am with love

Oga chose one.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Dee60:

What led to the collapse of Virgin Nigeria? Has the business climate changed?
Exact question I was going to ask.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by maasoap(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
babeosisi:

It is taking off and landing in the news media
That's part of the change they promised

If I can remember accurately, your beloved party and his members sold off Nigeria Airways. When was the first time Buhari administration announced the coming back of the Nigeria Air? There is timeline for everything already. No need for scathing remark. We were all here when you guys were giving full backing to successive pdp administrations that were selling everything off. You guys were even telling us that "government had no business being in business".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by vRendoh(m): 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
3 years of CHANGE has given birth to 5% of Nigeria Air. Congratulation!
Is it not shameful we are talking about Qatar or Ethiopian Air participation? Una no get shame ?
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Rexnegro(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blue3k:
I haven't flew with either carrier. My mom has flew with Quatar airways and she thinks their service is top notch. I guess Qutar since they have impeccable service.

I have flew with Ethiopia airline believe me it's a top notch as well.. great service, nice and friendly air hostesses .... as for Qatar I have not but from afar am sure they have great services as well .
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by muffyt05: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
PointZerom:

Bad Belle,good news hater. Even if your breakthrough is from your enemy,must you reject?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Rexnegro(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
Izunwa:
which call ? sometin else can be added bro to beat his booked domains... 48 million KO 84 million ni
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by kolawoleibukun2: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
you will flew one of them one day as you haven't flown either yet.

Buhari day bring better one for you. all na still dream yet. election cajolery.
Blue3k:
I haven't flew with either carrier. My mom has flew with Quatar airways and she thinks their service is top notch. I guess Qutar since they have impeccable service.

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
Icon4s:

Oga chose one.
I choose the third of the first.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by mostyg(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
namet:
Tribalism is why failed in the past. You cannot plug square pegs in round holes and expect a good fit. Are you suggesting that we should handover everything to foreigners because we failed in the past?

I'm submitting that we have competent people in this country. Let merit and non-tribal consideration take hold in this country. Because Buhari can't find competent people who can manage and run an airline in the North doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Let us open up the country to every tribe, and that also means everything should not be located in Abuja or Lagos, for a project to be viable. Let us try, by ourselves, so that we get better as a people.

Countries become great by trying and failing and keeping on trying. America or even China would not be what it is today, if they hand given up and handed over everything to foreigners, because they failed in the past. Mind you America was once underdeveloped and technical mistakes and accidents still happen in China today.

Please, let us stop this defeatist mindset and see ourselves as capable of doing great things. Nigerians can run a successful airline. Let us not handover our airways to other countries.

Please refer to Reuben Abati article on national carrier and also read the conditions of the licence.
In summary, it must be private driven hence the licence becomes void.
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by mostyg(m): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
vRendoh:
3 years of CHANGE has given birth to 5% of Nigeria Air. Congratulation!
Is it not shameful we are talking about Qatar or Ethiopian Air participation? Una no get shame ?

License given says the airline must be private driven hence need for investors. If you can afford it, buy some shares.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by timothy2396(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
I think it's better we give it to Qatar considering the financial benefits... Don't forget they're hosting the next world cup, and nigeria air will really gain by conveying lots of passengers all over the world to Qatar.....
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by buchai: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
this na real opportunity
Re: Nigeria Air: Qatar & Ethiopian Airlines Compete To Own Largest Share by cytell56: 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
FriendNG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxEC5xd3UKk

This one nah another APC scam!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Killed By Car In Aba While Attending Church Meeting (Graphic Pics) / Nigerian Man Dies While Swimming In Italy(photos) / My Second Week As Bolt Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.