Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship (3140 Views)

Now Trending , Amaechi Sold His Brother For Ordinary Ministerial Position / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election / FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by kobikwelu(m): 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
yep!! am not suprised!!!

only in abia,

as i said b4, OUK has a part to play in all the "goings" in the state, but i never knew that the state was sooooo deep in his pocket

very soon u go hear say him house-girl be commisioner
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Cenor(m): 4:50am On Jun 16, 2010
Mr Poster, link us to the source of the news,Given the fact that Orji's family interest in Politics is a curse to Abia State.
whether your info is true or False to a reasonable extent it might appear Closer to their Blueprint.
No doubt,the incumbent governor is operating on a rubber stamp capacity,while Orji & her Mum does the bidding!!!
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by san26dy(f): 4:58am On Jun 16, 2010
It is terrible. I don't understand where that state is heading.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by otondo55: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2010
One of the worst state so far.

No road in Aba as a table land,

No Water, no light,

No security of life and property,

for 2 weeks no banking activity

as the robbers wage war on them,

killing people.

There is no government in Abia State, yet another imposture !
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2010
ReachRich:

There may be some truth in the news.T A Orji is no longer in the good books of Orji kalu.OUK is yet to open up on who he'll support 4 gov come 2011.There are indicatns that he wont support the incumbent gov who has sidelined his brother,Mascot and his mum in d award of contracts and other juicy packages they were getting wen OUK was in power.
why can't those kidnappers and armed robbers do justice to these people instead of terrorising innocent citizens.bunch of idio.ts
otondo55:

One of the worst state so far.

No road in Aba as a table land,

No Water, no light,

No security of life and property,

for 2 weeks no banking activity

as the robbers wage war on them,

killing people.

There is no government in Abia State, yet another imposture !

Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Riot5000: 10:08am On Jun 16, 2010
AND THE RECYCLE, THE KIDNAPING, THE EMBEZZLEMENT and MEDIOCRITY in governance CONTINUE.
IGBO, WTF has gotten into you?
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Riot5000: 10:09am On Jun 16, 2010
LET ME REPHRASE, ABIA IS A DISGRACE TO EVERY IGBO MAN, WOMAN and CHILD.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by delegiwa(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2010
EzeUche:

Maybe, I am just fed up with the lack of development in Abia State.

Driving from Umuahia to Aba can be quite treacherous with all those police checkpoints and those huge potholes. It is a disgrace.

Abia State is a mess. I have come to the conclusion that PPA is the main culprit. Lack of development means businesses are not being attracted to come to the state.

In Arochukwu, people can go without power for TWO WEEKS! We dey suffer o!

That is why my family has always supported PDP when it comes to state politics.

Nwanne, nda mgbe iruru ulo? O dikwala anya ka mgbe ukwu m ruru ulo oh.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by omamokta: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
This is personalising governance, another dynasty in the making. Up OUK!
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by NET1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2010
We (Abians) need a change in Govt. Enough of the OUK parade of silly, egocentric fellas imposed as leaders.

.NET
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by DoubleN(m): 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2010
Every time i think of Abia state,i feel like crying because we have only a bunch of sycophants as politicians. Are they trying to say that when OUK brought Mascot from obscurity to make him the Chief of Staff that they did not know what game he was playing?Was it not in the same vein that an INEC returning officer in the 1999 election named T.A Orji was appointed to become the Chief of Staff only to be made governor while in EFCC custody after 8 years of raping by OUK?Now the same move is about to be played again. What a big pity!
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by damilola15: 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2010
davidif:

[size=28pt]HA HA HA HA. HOW COULD SOMEONE'S NAME BE MASCOT?? grin grin grin grin NIGERIANS UNA NO GET SHAME. EVERY SENSIBLE PERSON FROM ABIA SHOULD BETTER VOTE AGAINST THIS MAN OR YOUR STATE WOULD BE THE JOKE OF NIGERIA. [/size]
Lol, the name is the first thing that caught my attention. Anyway who would he have supported b4.
Watch out Abia people, your start is becoming just like Kwara State.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by emiekay: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
What are the so called ngwas are doing in Abia state that orji uzo kalu and his shameless mother have turned Abia state especially Aba a land of ghost.it is quite unfortunate that Aba is no longer safe to live.But orji what goes up must surely come down.ur doom is very near.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by chidichris(m): 8:08am On Jun 17, 2010
orji uzor kalu made his stance known to everyone during the third term agenda. he said, he entered the base with obj the same day and that constitutionally, they were supposed to leave the same day hence he made it clear that if obj remained in power for 100 yrs, he will do the same. when third term failed, he was the first gov to hand over power.
today, obj has remained the hand behind the scene. controlling through his position as the bot chairman of pdp and if u look closely to the abia state politics, OUK is the power behind the scene.
my worries here is, why are ppl who are not even abians become uncomfortable with the situation in the state while our country is not better in anyway. what we have in abia state is a photocopy of the nigerian situation hence we must accept abia state as we have done in the situation in nigeria.

@poster, u are ill informed about the state and such topics must come from ppl with enough information. abaribe was never a gov in abia state and what u think does not make sense in a state where u know nothing.
which state are u from and is ur state doing better than abia?
if u mention ur state here, i personally will convience u that ur state is not different from abia state hence i urge u to begin ur charity from home.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Cenor(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2010
Insert Quote
orji uzor kalu made his stance known to everyone during the third term agenda. he said, he entered the base with obj the same day and that constitutionally, they were supposed to leave the same day hence he made it clear that if obj remained in power for 100 yrs, he will do the same. when third term failed, he was the first gov to hand over power.
today, obj has remained the hand behind the scene. controlling through his position as the bot chairman of pdp and if u look closely to the abia state politics, OUK is the power behind the scene.
my worries here is, why are ppl who are not even abians become uncomfortable with the situation in the state while our country is not better in anyway. what we have in abia state is a photocopy of the nigerian situation hence we must accept abia state as we have done in the situation in nigeria.

@PosterChidichris,I wonder what you are doing in Dubai,that's If you are really there,Pls come back to Aba & Reside,Most of us may not come from Abia but we definitely have families there,Like me,I used to Live there before i left the country & my family is still there.So the things that happen where you live are things that will obsess ur mind.

@poster, u are ill informed about the state and such topics must come from ppl with enough information. abaribe was never a gov in abia state and what u think does not make sense in a state where u know nothing.
which state are u from and is your state doing better than abia?
if u mention your state here, i personally will convience u that your state is not different from abia state hence i urge u to begin your charity from hom

Currently,believe it or not Abia is topping chart in Armed Robbery&Kidnapping.You talk as if you feel something for your state,if you do,you would be back home to join the anti-OUK.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by cpatra(f): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2010
Well, from what I heard, the Abians are practising monarchial system of govt. Heard also that Orji Uzor's mother is the elegant queen. So appointing her sons and nephews as prime ministers of Abia state, she's still playing by the rule of the game. Since they are emulating their colonial masters(UK), Who am I to say no. I wish them luck.

Long live the Queen of Abia.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Kennyblues(m): 10:07am On Jun 17, 2010
Abia is fast becoming another Kwara of sort having one dictating what happens in the state, Go have mercy,

Watch out for me; am coming out.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Drugoo: 12:28am On Jun 19, 2010
Mascot is the rite man for the seat, we re tired of a four years stand still government
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by jookco(m): 3:28am On Jun 19, 2010
My brothers Orji is a curse to the people of Abia state and I bet you his time is up, I'm from the same Local Govt with Orji Kalu ut we are all fed up and tired with that Criminal, the Fomer Local Govt Chair who I know very well does not return with kobo, after serving the adminstration as the Bende Local Govt Chair Chukwu Ngozi is strugling to survive in the Village taking lands from local farmers because the Odiuko Orjis mum collect lots of money from the local.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by desgiezd(m): 3:44am On Jun 19, 2010
As Orji Uzor Kalu's brother is marked for 2011, I hope OUK's wife is warming up for 2015 while the mother would also be getting ready for 2019. By 2023, his first child should have been matured enough to mount the family throne.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by mensdept: 4:13am On Jun 19, 2010
I went to Abia state in March. It was actually what I read it to be on Nairaland. It's a pretty worthless state as far as development. I didnt like Lagos so much, but looking at Abia, there's no need to even go that state.

This doesnt mean Abia people are inferior, but that there's no leadership in that carved out region of the world.

Are we no longer reading about the French and Russian revolutions? I know it sounds crazy, but that sounds better than "Ewoh, God will provide o'
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by seanet02: 5:31am On Jun 19, 2010
This is a thieving family. They just want to finish the state.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2010
mens dept:

I went to Abia state in March. It was actually what I read it to be on Nairaland. It's a pretty worthless state as far as development. I didnt like Lagos so much, but looking at Abia, there's no need to even go that state.

This doesnt mean Abia people are inferior, but that there's no leadership in that carved out region of the world.

Are we no longer reading about the French and Russian revolutions? I know it sounds crazy, but that sounds better than "Ewoh, God will provide o'

You have been reading my mind. Nigeria needs a revolution like what happened in France and Russia. People haven't reached their limit yet.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by maduka001(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2010
Abia is just a failed state
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by maduka001(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2010
Abia is just a failed state
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2010
I don't even need the source of this news because I heard this in Aba during Christmas from someone in Political circles.

Mascot has always been penciled to take over from Theodore Orji but when? we thought it will be after 2015 but now 2011 shows that Theodore Orji has clashed with OUK.

But OUK is not necessarily popular in Abia he just has a firm grip on politics of the state. However if Onyema Ugochukwu does run again from PDP. They will give the Kalu's a run for their money.

Shortchanging Theodore Orji could also mean you will have an incumbent Governor working for the enemy camp secretely.

But I doubt Theodore Orji will risk an open fight because the guy is in a hole. They have all sorts of dirty infos on him and having Mascot as his COS never gave him a breathing space.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Charlesook(m): 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2010
orji uzor kalu and his mother will never see peace and this is the begining of their sorrow. i bet it, his brother will never win, their juju don fail kpatakpata!
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ubandire(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2010
chidichris:

which state are u from and is your state doing better than abia?
if u mention your state here, i personally will convience u that your state is not different from abia state hence i urge u to begin your charity from home.

PLEASE WHAT KIND OF HUMAN BEING ARE YOU?CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN PERSON SO WE CAN SORT THIS THING OUT,IT'S GETTING TOO MUCH.I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW THIS COUNTRY WILL GROW WITH YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE.PEOPLE ARE LAMENTING EVERYDAY IN ABIA STATE,BANKS GO ON STRIKE OFF AND ON,TO PROTEST THE EVER RISING CASES OF INSECURITY.LOCAL GOVTS GO ON STRIKE FOR OVER 9 MONTHS,JUDICIARY HAS BEEN ON STRIKE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER,INFACT NOTHING IS MOVING BECAUSE OF YOUR ROLE MODEL,AND YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO TALK BALDERDASH,LOOK AT THE OKIND OF PEOPLE YOU LOOK UP TO.I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE THERE MUST BE REVOLUTION IN ABIA COME 2011,WHETHER YOU AND YOUR ROLE MODEL THE THIEF LIKE IT OR NOT THIS ALLIANCE OF EVIL MUST CRASH.ONCE AGAIN DON'T LET ABIANS CURSE YOU,COWARD.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ReachRich(m): 9:45am On Jun 25, 2010
T A Orji must be kicked out of office come 2011.He is the worst governor in Nigeria.Abians i encourage u to get ur voters card ready.Vote for anyother candidate of ur choice apart frm the rogue T A Orji.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by isimili: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2010
What is it with my Igbo people? An Igbo saying goes like this"anyi aga anosi madu madu na esikwa muo muo" meaning how can we be human beings and be acting like foolish spirits. is this governorship thing hereditary? is this still a democratic government? God save us. Very soon Orji will wake up someone from the grave and impose him on Abia as their governor. I think that my igbo people lack the ability to understand the difference between democracy and common sense. I heard from the grapevine that what really caused the saga in Anambra state PDP primaries was that one of the illiterate self acclaimed king maker wanted to contest against his equally illiterate brother but was stopped. As a result he changed his mind and wanted his sister's husband who is educated to be the governor while his wife's younger brother will become the deputy. His mistress will be the SSG. And to conclude the madness he will retain the right to appoint all the commissioners. This irked up members who thought that given his influence in the state he was going to have his way. They therefore prematurely dragged in Soludo as the only credible challenger despite him not being a registered member. This irked up others who them put spanners in the work and "okuku wee gbasaa okpesi"meaning the crazy chicken scattered the agenda. please forgive my poor translation. Orji should be careful because Farida may get angry and cause problems for him.Ibori is an example. farida no de smile o. the woman de stressed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would Sim Registration Eliminate Kidnapping In Nigeria? / Germany To Boost Nigeria Power Sector / Who Gets 2015? North Or East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.