Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (103257 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 14, 2021
PDPGuy:
The Aussie defense is the best in these exhibition series!!

Our shooting has been poor

Our defending has been too poor
We should have come back in the second half with ways to counter Golding and his fellow snipers

Wtf man
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 4:27am On Jul 14, 2021
FT: Australia 108:69 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 4:34am On Jul 14, 2021
kenddys:

Our shooting has been poor

Our defending has been too poor
We should have come back in the second half with ways to counter Golding and his fellow snipers

Wtf man

Right! I was expecting the likes of Nnamdi or Achiuwa to make life hard for Goulding from the 3-point area, but I don’t know why they left him wide open all the time
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 6:03am On Jul 14, 2021
I didn't bother to watch the game cos I knew the Australia team I saw against USA will beat us well. I believe Mike Brown knows what he is doing. We are in the same group and after this game, he must have figured out how to play them when the Olympic games starts. I didn't watch the game, but to beat this Aussie team, we have to be super aggressive and defend the perimeter well too. Playing just over 24 hours after our last game is a bad idea also, considering how physically we play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 14, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:
I didn't bother to watch the game cos I knew the Australia team I saw against USA will beat us well. I believe Mike Brown knows what he is doing. We are in the same group and after this game, he must have figured out how to play them when the Olympic games starts. I didn't watch the game, but to beat this Aussie team, we have to be super aggressive and defend the perimeter well too. Playing just over 24 hours after our last game is a bad idea also, considering how physically we play.

The Aussies had an advantage

Total overhaul of their starting 5

Good we lost when it truly did not matter

Because this guys had 4 players out!

We need to work on our 3's

Goulding made it look too easy this morning

What beal and lillard struggle to do!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
Breaking News!

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2021
Nneka Ogwumike won't be playing for us at the Olympics again...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2021
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Banuso99: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2021
Danielnino00:

On Wednesday, basketball's world governing body denied WNBA players Nneka Ogwumike and Elizabeth Williams the right to play on the Nigerian national team in the Tokyo Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
Danielnino00:

There are options that can do the job.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
It’s sad that FIBA denied Nneka Ogwumike’s petition. But there is hope that the remaining players in camp will rep Nigeria creditably.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
somehow:

There are options that can do the job.
Well..well...

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2021
Danielnino00:

Well..well...

Abi?

Soilder come
Soilder go

Barrack... ...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
Chiney Ogwumike, although approved to play for Nigeria as a naturalized player, will also appeal FIBA’s ruling to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The good news is that CAS could hold an expedited hearing on the Ogwumike and Balogun petitions and render the final ruling before the Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
BREAKING:

The NBBF have finally received D’Tigers and D’Tigresses jerseys for the Olympics
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by DearDealz: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2021
PDPGuy:
BREAKING:

The NBBF have finally received D’Tigers and D’Tigresses jerseys for the Olympics

Shameless government, after spending many months in the ports.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2021
DearDealz:

Shameless government, after spending many months in the ports.

What i dont understand is, were they paying duties before now?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2021
somehow:

I think the ministry of sport should take the major blame here
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by timay(m): 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
somehow:

Kits from sponsors are usually tagged as donated and should have duty waiver, but someone at the Port wants to play a fast one and and collect bribe as per the Naija way.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
Well,Well....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
timay:

Kits from sponsors are usually tagged as donated and should have duty waiver, but someone at the Port wants to play a fast one and and collect bribe as per the Naija way.

We have so much normalized corruption and irresponsibility in this part of the world
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
timay:

Not from the port authority, but there are process involved, while granting waiver, the next should be method of transport,

The sport minister, and Nbbf should be held accountable,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
We shall make it can I hear a loud AMEN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 10:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
USA women just fell to Australia 70-67 ... I believe we are playing USA this tomorrow....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
USA women just fell to Australia 70-67 ... I believe we are playing USA this tomorrow....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by drDoom3(m): 12:17am On Jul 17, 2021
carbonado:

For me
Oni
Moneke
Gbiniji.

Oni and Gbinije are arguably our best three-point shooters.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 3:20am On Jul 17, 2021
Danielnino00:
USA women just fell to Australia 70-67 ...
I believe we are playing USA this tomorrow....
The game is on Sunday at 10:30pm Nigerian time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 3:57am On Jul 17, 2021
Nneka Ogwumike and Elizabeth Williams have filed appeals to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in a last-ditch effort to play basketball for Nigeria in the upcoming Olympics, said two people familiar with the situation.

The pair were notified earlier this week by FIBA that their petition to play for the African nation had been denied because they played for the U.S. national program for too long. The people spoke to The Associated Press Friday on condition of anonymity because no official announcement had been made.

The two WNBA players would need to have FIBA’s decision overturned by Sunday’s registration deadline for the Olympics or have the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) grant them a provisional allowance and add them to the roster until a hearing can occur.

The CAS, which is located in Switzerland, helps facilitate the settlement of sports-related disputes through arbitration or mediation.

Williams, Ogwumike and her younger sister Chiney also sent a letter to FIBA Secretary General Andreas Zagklis hoping he might overturn the decision.

Erica Ogwumike is on Nigeria’s provisional roster as a Nigerian citizen, but Chiney was given permission to play for the country as a naturalized player. Because each country is only allowed one naturalized player, if her status remains the same and Nneka is granted permission to play but only as a naturalized player only one of the two would be able to play for the African country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.santacruzsentinel.com/2021/07/16/ap-sources-ogwumike-files-appeal-to-play-in-olympics/amp/
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Final squad announcement coming up...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
PDPGuy:

The game is on Sunday at 10:30pm Nigerian time

Why is there no publicity for this game....is it still coming up as scheduled?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
drDoom3:

Oni and Gbinije are arguably our best three-point shooters.

Oni best 3 p shooter?

Gbinije maybe but Oni?

In the last 3 matches, how many did he score?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
Game on... 6:4

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (99) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos / Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.