Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (104748 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 12:10am On Jul 19, 2021
carbonado:
... Yeah, she is but na football age be that... cool, the only guys that real age can be authentic are the ones born outside Nigeria. If you know, you know.
How can that be football age?

She's been with the team since 2003... Spent most of her life in the US
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:18am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

They are 3 in number
one already qualified
Are you saying another one has been cleared from the remaining 2?
.. Two will play atleast, chinney has been granted to play, however, she was granted has a naturalized player. Nneka and Elizabeth williams were denied because they have played for too long for the us national team. The problem is, you can only have one naturalized player on your team. So elizabeth williams and nneka ogumike are appealing to court of abritation, siting development of female basketball in Nigeria. Chinney will play, however, she is apealing being regarded as naturalized pkayer as against being a "national".
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:19am On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

How can that be football age?

She's been with the team since 2003... Spent most of her life in the US
.. If you know, you know, that what i will twll you... Spending most of your years is different from been born in the usa.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 12:21am On Jul 19, 2021
Final
62:93

31 points difference
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 12:22am On Jul 19, 2021
carbonado:
.. Two will play atleast, chinney has been granted to play, however, she was granted has a naturalized player. Nneka and Elizabeth williams were denied because they have played for too long for the us national team. The problem is, you can only have one naturalized player on your team. So elizabeth williams and nneka ogumike are appealing to court of abritation, siting development of female basketball in Nigeria. Chinney will play, however, she is apealing being regarded as naturalized pkayer as against being a "national".

Williams actually played today
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 12:23am On Jul 19, 2021
carbonado:
.. If you know, you know, that what i will twll you... Spending most of your years is different from been born in the usa.

There is no age issue with Aisha
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 12:24am On Jul 19, 2021
carbonado:

So Precious Achiuwa is using football age too?
Hakeem Olajuwon also used football age?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:24am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

Williams actually played today
.. Yes... She did..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Famocious(m): 12:29am On Jul 19, 2021
How I wish we could convince Arike Ogunbowale to play for us, her addition would make a big difference..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:31am On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

.....lmao,if you know, you know, that is what i will tell you. Btw, i played basketball, a particular player on this squad(d'tigress) is my coach daughter. It is not even you that will give your self the age, it is the coach.. I am not speaking on this anymore. Spead and light.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:32am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

There is no age issue with Aisha

.. Okay...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2021
Famocious:
How I wish we could convince Arike Ogunbowale to play for us, her addition would make a big difference..
she is in WNBA all star team... i think she would rather wait for US callup.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Famocious(m): 12:35am On Jul 19, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
she is in WNBA all star team... i think she would rather wait for US callup.

She won most valuable player of the WNBA all stars Vs Team USA
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 12:39am On Jul 19, 2021
carbonado:
.....lmao,if you know, you know, that is what i will tell you. Btw, i played basketball, a particular player on this squad(d'tigress) is my coach daughter. It is not even you that will give your self the age, it is the coach.. I am not speaking on this anymore. Spead and light.

In other words, you are saying you have proof that Aisha is using football age?
Somebody that's 35...

She got married like 2 years ago and changed her surname from Mohammed to Balarabe...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2021
Famocious:

her stock is rising so i doubt she would look our side especially with our NBBF in shamble... who want such a mess
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Famocious(m): 12:51am On Jul 19, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
her stock is rising so i doubt she would look our side especially with our NBBF in shamble... who want such a mess

You are right sha. She has a better prospect of winning laurels on a big stage with the US team than with our ladies..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:52am On Jul 19, 2021
Famocious:

... Arike is a good shooter,been following her since her college days, she would have been a good addition to the Nigerian team, however, i dont think she wants to play for us at all, as no interest came from her or her camp whatsoever. We will miss Evelyn Akhator..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Famocious(m): 12:53am On Jul 19, 2021
carbonado:
... Arike is a good shooter,been following her since her college days, she would have been a good addition to the Nigerian team, however, i dont think she wants to play for us at all, as no interest came from her or her camp whatsoever. We will miss Evelyn Akhator..

Any reason why Akhator was dropped?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 12:55am On Jul 19, 2021
Famocious:

Any reason why Akhator was dropped?
... To be honest, i do not know,i have a feeling it is due to injury, because, i never saw her in any of the camps they had recently.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 1:49am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:
That Grinder is tall
Yea
She’s massive at 6’8”
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 1:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

Okay..thank you..

I've been checking Facebook....I watched D'tigers games there,but can't find any live stream for this one so far...
Sorry, I was away at a function during the game
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by hismail1(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2021
Thought yesterday was the last day for final squad submission.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 10:22am On Jul 19, 2021
hismail1:
Thought yesterday was the last day for final squad submission.

I was about asking too.

Any information yet ?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

I was about asking too.
Any information yet ?
The NBBF like to delay this kind of announcement
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hopefully they should within 3 days' time.
Danielnino00:

The NBBF like to delay this kind of announcement
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by somehow: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Female basketballers with Nigerian names representing other countries in this year's Olympics:

Canada

Natalie Achonwa (Igbo)
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe (Edo)
Miranda Joy Ayim (Igbo)

Japan
Monica Okoye (Deltan)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:

You still dey reply am sef

You get strength

Negative people don't try to believe the opposite and most times don't even have proof to support their claims

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
D'tigers final list.
Josh Okogie
Jahlil Okafor
Jordan Nwora
Precious Achiuwa
Chiemeze Metu
Miye Oni
Gabe Vincent
KZ Okpala
Ike Nwanu
Obi Emenago
Ekpe Udoh
Caleb Agada

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Danielnino00:
D'tigers final list.

Josh Okogie

Jahlil Okafor

Jordan Nwora

Precious Achiuwa

Chiemeze Metu

Miye Oni

Gabe Vincent

KZ Okpala

Ike Nwanu

Obi Emenago

Ekpe Udoh

Caleb Agada

I knew Gabe Vincent would never be dropped, unless he is injured
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
D'tigress final list
Adaora Elonu
Aisha Balarabe
Elizabeth Balogun
Promise Amukamara
Atonnye Nyiginfa
Erica Ogwumike
Ezinne Kalu
Ify Ibekwe
Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpannah
Amy Okwonkwo
Oderah Chidom
Victoria Macaulay

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
PDPGuy:

I knew Gabe Vincent would never be dropped, unless he is injured
Would you pick him as our starting Point guard ?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
It’s sad that the time was too short for CAS to hear the Ogwumike sisters’ appeals..
But I hope they’ll be cleared in time for September’s Women’s Afrobasket.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (99) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.