Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Prostitution Banned In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prostitution Banned In Abuja (9710 Views)

Thuraya Phones Banned In States On Emergency Rule / Spanish Police Smash Nigerian Prostitution Ring / Building On Weekends & Public-Holidays Banned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
LOVE.4BUG:

I'd loved that grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
I really do not see much sense in wat he said there. its simple - remove the honey & u won't have to worry anymore 'bout the flies, aight.  wink
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Ranoscky(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2010
Ehnn shocked shocked shocked. . .Na true? shocked shocked shocked. . Na'em be say to chop 1 mouth now go cost like 2,500. ah, O ma se O! cry cry cry
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Shaunscot(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2010
Maybe one of them ran away with his loot. grin
Now the rest have to suffer for it. cheesy grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by harakiri(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2010
pine_ed:

I really do not see much sense in wat he said there. its simple - remove the honey & u won't have to worry anymore 'bout the flies, aight.  wink

You don't see much sense in what i said. . .yeah? I'll break it down for you.You did economics in school right? Now there is this thing called DEMAND and SUPPLY.For the continuance of the supply of a "product", there must be a DEMAND for it.I viewed your pix and saw some TV sets and i presume you or someone you know may be in the electronics business.If this is true, would the electronics be put up for sale if there was no demand for it or no customers? I think NOT!

It's that simple.To curb this menace, you must punish both the "sellers" and "customers".Anything short of this is comparable with the anomaly of Sharia law where the guy who commits adultery is allowed to go scot free and the unfortunate woman who was probably despoil.D has her head bashed in with huge stones hurled by demented religious fanatics!

End of!
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by SkySpirit(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Its really difficult if not impossible to stop prostitution in Nigeria or any part of the world,
but i think this is just another maloistic way of doing things, not because the minister has
the interest of the public at heart. The next thing now some fundamentalist Islamic govts
would start sending him money just the way that psycho of a Yerima was. Prostitution no
doubts is ungodly but is just part of human nature.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by ud4u: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
Are they not inclusive[b][/b]
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by 080Nigeria(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2010
I am totally against prostitution. But I do think that Nigeria is a free country and it is not the most important of our problems, so why concentrate efforts on it? It would be a good idea when our public office holders are accountable enough and governors stop marrying 13 year olds in the name of religion. Until then, any attempt to curb prostitution would only be clamping down on the poor and defenseless. Don't we know about the atrocities our so-called leaders commit?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Jarus(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
While I don't see this solving the prostitution menace in the country, I am in support of this move. And like has been mentioned before, their patrons, who are mainly politicians, should also be brought to book.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Reptyle(m): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
Nevr knew prostitution was legal in Abuja before now lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

BTW, how come the word "pro$titute" becomes "love-peddler" but "prostitution" doesn't change to "love peddlING?" Just wondering smiley smiley smiley
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by joel123(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2010
Nothing but theory.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by slap1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
Jarus:

While I don't see this solving the prostitution menace in the country, I am in support of this move. And like has been mentioned before, their patrons, who are mainly politicians, should also be brought to book.

How? For what?
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by EzeUche(m): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world. Why ban it? Some men find visiting a pro$titute each night easier than finding a wife.

The perform a skill that some women do not like doing so why ban them? They are necessary to any society.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Laughter1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
190:

Cheii
This is bad news ooh~

loooooooool @ 190! Business don spoil she?, lol
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by cpatra(f): 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2010
shinaidowu Prostitution Banned In Abuja
« on: Today at 09:25:37 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The New FCT Minister (dont give a damn whats his name is) has given a 24hours ultimatum for all love-peddlers to evacuate Abuja. These Nigerian politicians never cease to amaze me. I was just wondering when i heard the news and the following questions came to my mind,
1. Are love-peddlers the problem of Nigeria today?
2.How do differentiate who is a love-peddler and who is not (not talking about those residing permanently in brothels) that is with the outrageuos dress sense . what a pity, many will now lose their job. mass unemployment.lol
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by BeautfulB(f): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
@topic: that’s great I fink they should impose that law in port Harcourt
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by emmydee(m): 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ hatch#:

What Shinaidowu is simply saying is that, banning of prostitution is a second degree problem, not first degree. That we have
1001 first degree issues to tackle at this time.
More than 75% of women who are love-peddlers in Nigeria today do so out of frustration, lack of job, poor income, dependency problem.

Our govts should wake up, we have the money, let them make lives a little bit easy for Nigerians. People graduate without jobs to do,
meanwhile our govt is budgeting 10B naira for Independence Day celebration, over 50 B naira to renovate an airport runway!
what a waste!

So, the new FCT minister has plenty of first degree issues to tackle, not issues like prostitution!
thats my point.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by wazobiang: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2010
good but a stupid quick win if u ask me.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by CarlosVent(m): 4:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
better
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by SLIGHT(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
I won't be suprised if one senator comes out nd opposes the ban.As long as humans have insatiable sexual lust prostitution cant be banned.Even the most secular and conservative societies have not been successful Its a human thing that also results from so many things poverty, rejection, illiteracy, joblessness, drugs, depression etc it can only be controlled by better orientation campaigns, providing alternative jobs and maintenance of societal moral values.I tell these prostitutes are ready to give up prostitution if given better alternatives.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by SLIGHT(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
I won't be suprised if one  senator comes out nd opposes the ban.As long as humans have insatiable sexual lust prostitution cant be banned.Even  the most secular and conservative societies have not been successful Its a human thing that also results from so many things poverty, rejection, illiteracy, joblessness, drugs, depression etc it can only be controlled by better orientation campaigns, providing alternative jobs and maintenance of societal moral values.I tell these prostitutes are ready to give up prostitution if given better alternatives.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Remii(m): 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
lol, was it legalised before, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Fdeveloper(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2010
I would like those who are vehemently opposed to prostitution to explain to me exactly how the existence of prostitution personally affects their lives to the extent where they are calling for a ban.  To the best of my knowledge, no prostitute will come to anyone's private house uninvited and in the same way nobody is forced to go to any clubs or brothels where prostitutes are known to operate so why such strong emotion about an act between two consenting adults in private?  Please don't respond with religious arguments as not everybody believes in God.

To give another example, I don't smoke and I therefore don't allow or condone smoking in my house or in my car but I would never go to my local public bar and start shouting that the government should ban smoking there because I don't like it as the owner would rightly tell me if I don't like it I can always leave and find a bar where the owner doesn't permit smoking.

As has been rightly mentioned above, we have many more serious problems that deserve the undivided attention of our political administration and i see this as just grandstanding and playing to the large number of hypocritical people we seem to have in our society.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by maddock(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ naikaking and emmydee. Thanks guys,hatch is just trying to be mishevious,and its people like him that solicit the services of these love peddlers.I don't know why people can't respond to issues without insulting others.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by wirinet(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
Fdeveloper:

I would like those who are vehemently opposed to prostitution to explain to me exactly how the existence of prostitution personally affects their lives to the extent where they are calling for a ban.  To the best of my knowledge, no love-peddler will come to anyone's private house uninvited and in the same way nobody is forced to go to any clubs or brothels where love-peddlers are known to operate so why such strong emotion about an act between two consenting adults in private?  Please don't respond with religious arguments as not everybody believes in God.

To give another example, I don't smoke and I therefore don't allow or condone smoking in my house or in my car but I would never go to my local public bar and start shouting that the government should ban smoking there because I don't like it as the owner would rightly tell me if I don't like it I can always leave and find a bar where the owner doesn't permit smoking.

As has been rightly mentioned above, we have many more serious problems that deserve the undivided attention of our political administration and i see this as just grandstanding and playing to the large number of hypocritical people we seem to have in our society.

You should know that men still possess their primitive chauvinistic instincts, they want to be free to have se.x with as many women as possible especially virgins, but would foam in the mouth to think of a woman having se.x with any number of men she chooses, whether paid or free. It is amazing that people scorn at women who sleeps with more than one man,  but heap praises on a man that sleeps with many women, it is a sign of power.

The most sexually perverts in the world are the rich powerful elites, they are the one that spends millions just to sleep with any lady of their choice.

Sooner or later, the minister would be banning mastur.bation and pre marital se.x. as if these are the main problems in Nigeria
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by cold(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
6 billion people on earth & they're all Hot. Commercial s.ex hawking under any guise can neva go away so why don't we adopt the Dutch model-legalise p.rostitution & tax it,thus bringing more funds in2 govt coffers.

This country would go haywire if this suggestion was eva put across to the public but who knows,it could be a money spinner like crude oil.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by sayso: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
see people he is not banning them,only trying to show the madam who came for another minister instead of him that business will soon affect her unless she agrees.Watch out in two weeks time when she will finish with the other minister,she will send for him to take his turn,then the law will disappear.no be sharon matter still dey ground,abi una don forget so quick
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by master2(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
[b][b] grin grin grin grin na today! 9ja politicians and their wayo wayo laws.[/b][/b]
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by mamagee3(f): 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
Better!

We can now reserve some decency in Nigeria.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by tpiah: 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ topic

heads will roll until the prostitutes are reinstated.

The New FCT Minister (dont give a damn whats his name is) has given a 24hours ultimatum for all love-peddlers to evacuate Abuja

let's wait and see where "they" will come at him.

he's so toast.
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2010
OMG!!! grin I had plans on those Abuja bevies. why can't they just ban corruption and let the love-peddlers (according to SeunBot) be angry
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by Ibime(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2010
Nonsense and Ingredients. . .
Re: Prostitution Banned In Abuja by chamotex(m): 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2010
. . . No more show for Ibime grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge / 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria: Why You Need To Vote For GEJ 2015. / Tweet Reactions To Richard Branson's "Biafran" Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.