Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,475 members, 7,857,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC (600 Views)

Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari / Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger / Bashir Ahmad Shares Photos To Prove That President Buhari Addressed Was In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Gossipninja: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2018
News From Zenithnaija.com

Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity has said Nigeria has a leader that the world respects. According to Adesina in an article tittled PMB AT ICC: PROUD TO BE NIGERIAN, Buhari , whom some people have tried (and still keep trying) to demonize, demean, and de-market, addressed the world and they were all ears.
Adesina said these of president Buhari’s speech and poise at the anniversary of the Rome Statute at the International Criminal Court (ICC), The Hague, Netherlands.
Proud to be Nigerian
I’ve seen him address the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Seen him speak at AU (African Union) summits. Seen him address the European Parliament at Salzburg, France. Watched him speak to the world a number of times at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). And on Tuesday, January 17, 2018, he stood ramrod straight to address the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, Netherlands. It was a time one felt tremendously proud to be Nigerian.
The world adulate Buhari
I have been on the entourage of President Muhammadu Buhari to scores of countries round the world, I have seen how he is well respected by global leaders, and how that reverence rubs off on Nigeria. I tell you, despite all the challenges our country currently faces, we have a leader the world adulates. His honesty, integrity, transparency, love for his country, personal discipline, and many others, are stuff that fairy tales are made of.
President Buhari was invited to the podium. Another bow, and those brisk strides again! A man they said, had died, and had been secretly buried this time last year! God is awesome.
That familiar voice came, and one never felt prouder to be Nigerian. The Fulani man, whom some people have tried (and still keep trying) to demonize, demean, and de-market, was addressing the world again. He was addressing a global audience, and people who mattered on this terra firma, were all ears, catching his every word. Again, really proud to be Nigerian.
What Buhari said
He delved into the history of the ICC, saying it was inspired by the Nuremberg trials after World War 2, which held people accountable for crimes against humanity, war crimes, crimes of genocide, and aggression. Such court, President Buhari noted, signposts hope for justice to many, and the world surely needs it.
A strong ICC, the keynote speaker added, is a catalyst for other justice efforts, expanding the reach of accountability. And then his prescriptions, going forward:
Let the court make room for hearing serious cases of corruption by state actors that severely compromise the development efforts of countries and throw citizens into greater poverty.
Also, the court could include cases of illicit financial flows where countries are complicit and obstruct repatriation of stolen assets.
“As AU Champion of Anti-corruption, these are issues dear to my heart,” President Buhari stressed.
Before concluding his address, the Nigerian President urged the ICC to avoid bias or political motivations in its dealings, and also challenged more states to accede to the Rome Statute, the 20th Anniversary of which was being marked.
He ended on a bright and cheery note. As Nigeria prepares for general elections next year, the process would be free and fair. There would be no repeat of the 2011 post-election riots and loss of lives, which led the ICC to commence preliminary investigations against Nigeria.
The applause was thunderous, as a man of integrity, Mai Gaskiya (the honest man) concluded his address. It was a day of glory for Nigeria, and all Nigerians of goodwill. Truly, a prophet often has more honour outside, than in his own country. But then, this prophet undoubtedly has honour everywhere.

News From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/femi-adesina-i-felt-tremendously-proud-to-be-a-nigerian-as-buhari-addressed-icc/

cc: Lalasticlala Fynestboi Mynd44

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by FarahAideed: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2018
I hope you will proud too when he is also facing charges there for numerous crimes against humanity soon .

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Homeboiy: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2018
See Me drinking this Sunday morning

all because of buhari

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by nzeobi(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2018
he is respected as Nigerias president and nothing more. but I think men should be respected for their actions and not their words

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Magichand: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2018
Homeboiy:
See Me drinking this Sunday morning

all because of buhari
Hahaha
Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Ojiofor: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2018
This sycophant Femi Adesina is the type of people Emir Sanusi had in mind as the worst enemies of Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Magichand: 11:18am On Jul 22, 2018
Birds of a feather tho
Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by BankeSmalls(f): 11:20am On Jul 22, 2018
I felt angry that a president with a death toll of over 10,000 souls in ethnic cleansing was allowed to stand in ICC without handcuffs and leg braces. grin

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Gossipninja: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
cheesy
Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by Lovemaester: 12:28am On Jul 23, 2018
Buhari is not a good leader but I blame GEJ who as a PhD holder and Niger deltan should have done so much such that buhari would never had stood a chance in 2015 but due to GEJ's ineptitude and gross misgovernance coupled with unprecedented looting Nigerians had to look for an alternative and buhari was the only one standing that is why no matter how much Nigerians insult buhari my hatred will always be directed at GeJ

p.s am a Niger deltan

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: I Felt Tremendously Proud To Be A Nigerian As Buhari Addressed ICC by yarimo(m): 1:28am On Jul 23, 2018
FEMI ADESINA you are not alone, majority of Nigerians are also very proud of president BUHARI addressing the ICC

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped Security Operatives’ Siege – Bukola Saraki / Governor Fayose And his Neck Collar Pictured With Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki / Ekweremadu: Buhari Harasses Opposition, Protects Thieves In APC – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.