Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari (32665 Views)

Adesina: I stopped attending a church because pastor always attacked Buhari / Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger / The Man Who Attacked Buhari Vs The One APC Presented, Any Difference?? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 9:04am On Nov 05, 2021
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, says he stopped attending a branch of a church in Abuja because the pastor was always attacking the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Adesina said this in an article on Thursday titled, ‘This Kumuyi is simply different’, which was written in support of a statement by the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi.

Although Adesina did not mention which church he stopped attending, his public profile states that he is a member of the Foursquare Gospel Church where he was ordained a pastor and has attended since 1988.

In the article, the President’s spokesman said it was unfortunate that some pastors had turned their pulpits to soapboxes upon which they spew hatred.

He wrote, “I used to attend a church in Abuja from 2015 to 2018, till the pastor began to see himself as someone who must bring the Buhari government down. Sunday after Sunday, it was all sorts of criticism from the pulpit. But I endured, since it was a branch of a church I had attended for over 30 years. Till one day, he overdid it.

The Dapchi girls were abducted and there was no name the pastor did not call President Buhari that Sunday. It was horrendous that such things could come from the pulpit. But I suffered long and sat through the sermon, or rather, what was supposed to be a sermon. I then went home, wondering what the church of God was turning to.”

Adesina said after most of the Dapchi girls had been rescued, the pastor did not deem it fit to commend the President in subsequent service.

The President’s aide, however, praised Kumuyi for saying last week that Christians should not “disdain those in power because they appear not to be delivering on electoral pledges”.

He stated that while a former Vice-Chancellor of Ajayi Crowther University, Prof. Dapo Asaju, was within his rights to be angry over the state of the country, it must be noted that the Buhari regime was doing a lot to change the nation’s fortunes.

Adesina said there were some men of God who predicted that Buhari would lose the 2019 election but it turned out to be a fake prophecy.

“Irrespective of the titles they bear, I hear bishops, apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists, cursing the government, and issuing doomsday notices. One even said publicly that the Buhari administration was over, before the 2019 elections. But the man won handsomely, and that preacher still struts and frets on the pulpit every week, not repenting in sackcloth and ashes,” said Adesina.

He noted that during the #EndSARS protests of 2020, some pastors came out to support the youths who were protesting but they quickly recoiled into their shells when the protests got out of hand.

Adesina added, “Pastor Kumuyi also says if you are a true believer in Christ, you wouldn’t go on the rampage, destroying government property… But that was not what we saw in the country in October last year. The country was almost burned down under the subterfuge of EndSARS.

“And sadly, they were encouraged by pastors and preachers, who simply hate the fact that a Fulani man is their President. Many of them are on record as having encouraged the protesters, till things went ugly, turned awry. And the pastors vanished into the thin air. Not a word of caution or restraint as the cities were burning, and policemen were being killed, and even eaten up.”

https://punchng.com/i-stopped-attending-a-church-because-pastor-always-attacked-buhari-adesina/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1636098683-1

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by lomprico(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2021
Femi getat!

if all pastors and imams attack all evil politicians, Nigeria will not be this bad.

N.B All our politicians are evil.

366 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2021
It happened to me too, and it's very common in Abuja.
It's so demoralizing and discouraging listening to people you've held in high esteem in the Christendom spilling hate, inciting congregants to be lawless and so on.

Any church that spilled hatred from the pulpit against anyone or tribe, incite people against constituted authority, lump unfounded conspiracy theory to arouse sentiment, count me out.

The conviction i have had as a Christian is that of love and not of hate, for God is love. So anything outside this is heretical to me.

76 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 9:10am On Nov 05, 2021
I'm sure the church won't miss him either ...

GOD bless that Pastor, evil is meant to be condemned and not praised.

571 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by JavaScript90: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2021
This man has mouth diarrhea. Must you be a perpetual slave to the Fulani?
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Chimeluv(f): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Zombieshina angry

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Nonexisting: 9:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Hypocrite. In less than two years, you will be back to your senses and that time, street boys will starting throwing stones at you. Ask Reuben Abati and Doyin. Reuben is back to hustling for brown envelopes just like every other journalist.

234 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2021
That was a fearless pastor you had there, speaking truth to power!

302 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by vibre: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2021
Aufbauh:
It happened to me too and it's very common in Abuja.
Fulani terrorists dey attend church too shocked
Auzubillahi!!!

278 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Ofunaofu: 9:31am On Nov 05, 2021
Are prophets not meant to speak truth to power

Femi, you stopped attending the church because the pastor was always speaking the truth about Buhari government of which you are part and parcel of

154 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by RZArecta(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2021
This guy is a fúcking lunatic grin

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by marveangel(m): 9:37am On Nov 05, 2021
You don't like hearing the truth

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2021
vibre:

Fulani terrorists dey attend church too shocked
Auzubillahi!!!

Most of you kids and those that egg you on are just Christian by religion and not by your way of living.
However the Buhari administration has really exposed a lot of MoGs and their sheeples, that they're generally fickle, hypothetical and greedy of gain.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by nairavsdollars(f): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2021
If you are Otedola now, the church will miss you. They didn't even know you stopped attending. Buhari’s media aide,my foot

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by OssyMalik: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2021
He should attend mosque with Buhari na!!

Fulani slave

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by sapientia(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2021
Lol

A pastor stopped going to church because another pastor attacked the unbeliever feeding the former.

Adesina must be tapping from a vast unending foolishness reserve same way Odin taps the Odin force

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by NOC1(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2021
Hahhahahaa, some religious leader sound stupid sometime, just like the one speaking about that Catholic and Anglican thing in Anambra.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by vibre: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2021
Aufbauh:

Most of you kids and those that egg you on are just Christian by religion and not by your way of living.
However the Buhari administration has really exposed a lot of MoGs and their sheeples, that they're generally fickle, hypothetical and greedy of gain.
Will you shut your smelly mouth? Look at this foolish and senseless nincompoop who spends his days defending the most incompetent, clueless and wicked clown ever to become president in this country. You're calling people kids, is there anything that shows that you are more sensible than a five year old kid? Abeg carry your cows enter bush make we see road. Mumu

167 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Validated: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Olodo, start attending mosque now so that Buhari will know you are really ass-licking his smelly ass.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2021
Femi Adesina should start attending mosque where they celebrate and praise his pay master to high heavens even in the face of calamitous leadership

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Femi Adesina should start attending mosque where they celebrate and praise his pay master to high heavens even in the face of calamitous leadership

Religious fanaticism is the inspiration of most anti-buhari wailers. The opposite of the position he stated isn't to bring Muslims into your fanaticism but to ask why a pastor instead of preaching about God's words choose to preach about his hate for Buhari.

This is how your co-tribalists started violence in the SE because you hate PMB. You killed your kins and destroyed their properties because you hate one man.

Imagine now taking that hate to replace the single day of the week dedicated to speaking about God. Sad hateful folks!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Lanretoye(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2021
E no go pass 2years again.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by System202: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Some pastors are useless. Just bcs their is no free money to buy Jets and loot then u start abusing Buhari is this what is taught in church. no wonder some set of people are always intolerant bcs they learned it form their men of God

8 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Obakoolex(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
It's not your fault Femi, but how do you explain Elijah in the Bible condemning king Ahab and jezzy for their bad governance

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Racoon(m): 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lost soul! Keep on with the asslicking-sycophant forming holy man.So according to this asslicker who have lost any iota of conscience, the wicked tyrannical and evil dullard is so infallible as a god that he can not or should not be criticise?

He has forgotten how the same Buhari have shamelessly criticised and blamed previous govt, even God for all the ills his clueless govt have wrought upon this nation?

Imagine a so called pastor of the Four-Square Gospel Church saying this shitcrap.Even the headslammers people criticise the president yet this apostate of a man is obsessed with unending cycle of foolishness.

Perhaps the zombie still thinks the failed president will be in govt forever.Nothing new! Femi Adeshina is a complete disgrace to the christain faith.You will never see a headslammer asslicking a Christian like this.Infact you are a kafir.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by hammer567: 1:47am On Nov 06, 2021
TYPICAL YORUBA MAN.

IF BUHARI DID NOT GIVE HIM APPOINTMENT, REST ASSURED HE WILL BE THE CHIEF PASTOR CONDEMNING BUHARI.

STOMACH INFRASTUCTURE!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by EagleNest(m): 8:10am On Nov 06, 2021
This Femi is finished.
How will life be after Buhari brutal govt? Kudos to the Pastors that spoke the truth and hurt Femi. We always know that truth is bitter but it must be said.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Leverage2021: 8:20am On Nov 06, 2021
Aufbauh:
It happened to me too, and it's very common in Abuja.
It's so demoralizing and discouraging listening to people you've held in high esteem in the Christendom spilling hate, inciting congregants to be lawless and so on.

Any church that spilled hatred from the pulpit against anyone or tribe, incite people against constituted authority, lump unfounded conspiracy theory to arouse sentiment, count me out.

The conviction i have had as a Christian is that of love and not of hate, for God is love. So anything outside this is heretical to me.
you headslammer

There is nothing wrong if a pastor speaks truth to power

Go to mosques were imams are issuing fatwa on innocent that get slaughtered

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari by Samunique(m): 8:21am On Nov 06, 2021
Femi has lost it completely bcs of food, just like ffk, I don't know what's wrong with the name femi, most especially political femi[s] they always act like Esau of the Bible.

So if all churches in Nigeria decide to speak against Buhari satanic governance and maladministration, femi will stop going to church or quit being a Christian?

Femi likes food !!!

43 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ondo Residents Overpower Truck Driver; Loot Food Items Branded In Tinubu Name / El-rufai: Online Petition For EU, UK Travel Ban Nears 25,000 Signatures Target / Senator Ita Giwa Dazzles At 2face #fortyfied Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.