Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger (33060 Views)

Adesina: I stopped attending a church because pastor always attacked Buhari / Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari / I Hate Trains. I Hate Bridges. I Hate Rice. I Hate Tallest Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by presidency: 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
I HATE TRAINS. I HATE BRIDGES. I HATE RICE. I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

By Femi Adesina

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them. You realize that they need prayers. They hate everything good. They hate anything uplifting. They hate development. They hate their country. They even hate themselves.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity

Source: https://www.femiadesina.com/i-hate-trains-i-hate-bridges-i-hate-rice-i-hate-tallest-building-east-of-the-niger/?fbclid=IwAR2Of9HOslSY4hzXVIKEqh9_OM6Cdtp9wpcCjnOwVGjyosqCQMQGF1jDa7g

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Friendlyjoe: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2020
Too long, summary please

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by dukeprince50: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
I will not read it.
Modified, please whoever cant read this lengthy stuff should just read the last paragraph, I think that's the summary
cc friendlyjoe

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by dukeprince50: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
just look at the lengthy thing Adesina typed, him really get plenty time, u sure say those people deh do anything for their office instead of watching BBnaija and nollywood with laptop, I am asking cos of what so called civil servants do in office

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Franzinni: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2020
Let me summarize

Femi is blowing his masters vuvuzela...

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Friendlyjoe: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
I will not read it.
Modified, please whoever cant read this lengthy stuff should just read the last paragraph, I think that's the summary
cc friendlyjoe

At that point, you pity them. You realize that they need prayers. They hate everything good. They hate anything uplifting. They hate development. They hate their country. They even hate themselves.

Some of those critism are objective sometimes tho. For how long can we settle for less and applaud every infrastructure as if there are doing us favor for implementing basic amenities. They made this same promices to us while campaigning for thier various offices, right?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by dukeprince50: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
Friendlyjoe:

Some of those critism are objective sometimes tho. For how long can we settle for less and applaud every infrastructure as if there are doing us favor for implementing basic amenities. They made this same promices to us while campaigning for thier various offices, right?
They want us to celebrate mediocrity.
me I do not need much from my president, His excellency President Mohammadu Buhari than to give us a country that we can freely do business without fear of those who will dupe us and collect our money(yahoo-boys) and also fear of bandits, cultists etc, the country is not safe for industrialization.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Friendlyjoe: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
They want us to celebrate mediocrity.
me I do not need much from my president, His excellency President Mohammadu Buhari than to give us a country that we can freely do business without fear of those who will dupe us to collect our money(yahoo-boys) and also fear of bandits, cultists etc

Facts

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by dukeprince50: 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2020
presidency, u deh hear our complaints abi? no be to write lengthy thing den dissapear.
BTW, I need one appointment for Aso Rock, epp me pass the message to PMB

14 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by reccy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
Dear Femi, you don't need to say all these, we know them and and their traits as you can see some of them above, they can't read it, they need summary, but bring how boko haram kill soldiers and Bandits ravaging villages, you see them reading it and saying all sorts of rubbish to my amiable president. That's what give them joy and that's what they believe is true but that's not what we are after.

Dear president, just know every reasonable and patriotic Nigerians are behind you and praying for you to succeed and make Nigeria great.

Thumbs up Mr Femi, you couldn't have said it any better.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by dukeprince50: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
reccy:
Dear Femi, you don't need to say all these, we know them and and their traits as you can see some of them above, they can't read it, they need summary, but bring how boko haram kill soldiers and Bandits ravaging villages, you see them reading it and saying all sorts of rubbish to my amiable president. That's what give them joy and that's what they believe is true but that's not what we are after.

Dear president, just know every reasonable and patriotic Nigerians are behind you and praying for you to succeed and make Nigeria great.

Oga call a spade a spade, in as much as PMB is trying his best, we need him to set things right so an average Nigeria can benefit, 40% his empowerment program is taken by so called politicians. its painful

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Lorathy(f): 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
What doe he now like
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by allen113: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2020
K
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Coldie(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
Those people all those things Are not their problem is just Biafra fantasy that's disturbing them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
THIS WHOLE PIECE ABOVE IS WHAT EACH AND EVERYONE OF US @ STANDS FOR......especially on this forum.
No more, No less.
Before you ever quote our post to castigated usbhere again, read this piece, if not, you may not end well in life.
No be curse,
NA FACT!!
https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=93074450&redirect=%2F6068709%2Ffemi-adesina-hate-trains-bridges%2393074450

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.
Those are the ones we call children of hate, frustration and perdition.
They abound here,
You see them in anguish and serious bitterness everyday.
Those kind of people will never ever know peace or be happy everyday of their lives.

They hate our darling country all because the thieves and looters they want back in power never succeeded.
May the Amadioha, Ogun and Sango y'all believe in strike all the enemies of Nigeria down.
May sorrow live with them constantly in life.
Those are the people that are always happy to read about negative news and bad things happening.
You will never see them on positive threads and threads talking about the development going on around the country.
Hatred and bitterness has eaten deep into their empty skulls.
Swines everywhere.

Quote us NOW if you are one of them.

Godons1:
God bless President Buhari and his team, we Igbos love him. We Igbos have never seen the rate of construction sites, scattered across the East. Buhari has turned the East to a construction site. Everywhere you go, you see presence of federal Government in the EAst.

Bighead9:
Guy relax, I'm an Igbo Man and a patriot.
Nwoke mara ihe nke egwu.
O di mma oru gi.
Chukwu gozie Nigeria.
Chop knuckle cheesy
We love those your pictures dieeeee..... kiss

Btw,
we no be guy o.
We are simply WE!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by BuhariNaWah: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
And so?

No one cares, so go look bush!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by iamnicer: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
Oga Are you Normal ?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
reccy:

You will still see some children of hate, perdition and frustration that will not be happy with this news.

They are coming soon.

Modify : The swines are even already here!
They never disappoint.
Good news will always be far from you bastards.
Enemies of the state, Nonentities

Hatred for your country will not kill you guys one day soon.
Hatred kills faster than HIV.
We are sure the wall clock in your houses is permanently at 8' O Clock twenty-four hours of the day!
Pathetic tins!

Quote us and let the world know the enemies among us if this comment gets to you.
Animals!!!

FEMI A, HIT dem till dem quench!!
Dem go dey alright las las grin cheesy wink
DEM MANNA say so tongue

Corporate2020:

Good news from your country gives you headache, your head will ache for long.
God bless you for these true words.
May all enemies of Nigeria die one after the other.
Those who never want any good news concerning our darling country.
It is happening to them already.
Dem swines tongue

ihatesycophant:
Anything bad about the country always give them orgasm. Of what use is country bad new to them when the thing will still directly or indirectly affect them, but they don't mind. These people need serious deliverance.
Don't mind them, they are nothing but hypocrites.
The bad news they pray for will knock at their doors pretty soon.

naturallysimple:
Its just fucking mistaking fighting with a pig, he will just drag you to the mud. If some people want to see negative only, is their constitutional right and for those that think buhari is behind their laziness or the reason their father is not rich i pity you all. May Almighty bless my dear country and me
Words of a great man.
God bless you and yours Mr Simple.
Cheers.

div111:
stfu
One don quote us o cheesy
Dem know dem name!
tongue tongue tongue

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by IamWonderful: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
Although Buhari is an epitome of failure and lies, his government is a total disaster to Nigeria, but some people especially from the south east are filled with bitterness and hatred, no never appreciate anything good no matter what or how good it is.

9 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by ForeThinker: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
Nawaao
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by bolaayenimo: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
Hypo....
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by chukwuibuipob: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
sad Kulikuli in those days
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Dshocker(m): 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
ok
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by wisest10: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Na wa o..so person get time read this thing..kudos to them..
That's the reason I hated biology and government..
learn to keep it simple, who wise go understand

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Booda Femi Elejor ni yín jare
Hunger dey... I can't read.
Please next time do summary jàre. This is comprehension
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Amspecial: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
angry
Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by Godons1: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
God bless President Buhari and his team, we Igbos love him. We Igbos have never seen the rate of construction sites, scattered across the East. Buhari has turned the East to a construction site. Everywhere you go, you see presence of federal Government in the EAst.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by chukwuibuipob: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
sad All fingers point to children of 8, darkness/DESTRUCTION from bEAST aka fl@thead iPOBPIGS sad sad sad lipsrsealed undecided cool cool grin cool grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: I Hate Trains, Bridges, Rice, Tallest Building East Of Niger by ednut1(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
I hate Chinese potential takeovers

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leaked Audio: My Name Was Wrongly Mentioned - Olofa Of Offa / Nnamdi Kanu And His Crew Don't Represent The Igbos - Igbo Broadcaster / Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.