Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? (1521 Views)

If God Almighty Said That No Other Gods Exist Before Him....then Explain Juju / What Happens To Our Spirit And Soul After Death? / Did Jesus Exist Before Abraham? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Jacksonville:
I ponder so. A man of God once said "semen n egg meets so you can look like someone but u are not an actual product of that process. But u were created specially before that process and God knew u before u were conceived "
well, if u want to believe in God, u should atleast give Him some credit, God is not a medieval being, He created all those who are creating what we see these days and it stands to reason that he is definitely more brilliant and creative than His creations... It is not hard to imagine that He simply used fertilization as a means to simplify the process of conception to humans... So egg and sperm as u said would simply be a mechanism, there is nothing extra special going on behind the scenes, it is what He has made it to be.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

in other words, consciousness is a spirit.
Since the other guy said energy is equivalent to spirit of human.

So, this spirit of a man, does it have memory? Or depends on a physical's memory?

I can't say it's a spirit. I don't know.
But I think it's like a valet to some energies. When someone looses his consciousness, he's either in a coma or mad, almost same as being an infant. All I know is consciousness connects and synchronises us with our immediate environment. It's the simplest form of energy we can relate with.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by ITbomb(m): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:

Consciousness is an energy
I would rather say that spirit is the energy - everlasting, the consciousness is developed by the soul.

The level of development of this consciousness - the soul is view here as the level of "spirituality" of a man.
Few people develop to a stage where they can project this consciousness to the energy realm - the spirit while some only achieve this at physical death.

There are people that attempt to project this consciousness but were not ready and the high energy activity at that realm renders them useless here on earth and out there.
At times, I warn people at spiritual exercise but people like the Ecks would argue that they have their spiritual guide who will protect and guide them.

It is my firm belief that our purpose on earth is to develop this consciousness so that we can be relevant in the spirit realm - which is the real existence
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:

I would rather say that spirit is the energy - everlasting, the consciousness is developed by the soul.

The level of development of this consciousness - the soul is view here as the level of "spirituality" of a man.
Few people develop to a stage where they can project this consciousness to the energy realm - the spirit while some only achieve this at physical death.

There are people that attempt to project this consciousness but were not ready and the high energy activity at that realm renders them useless here on earth and out there.
At times, I warn people at spiritual exercise but people like the Ecks would argue that they have their spiritual guide who will protect and guide them.

It is my firm belief that our purpose on earth is to develop this consciousness so that we can be relevant in the spirit realm - which is the real existence
Consciousness is an energy
And the fact that it controls the body regardless of the spirit and soul makes it more powerful, we can choose what we do because we are conscious of it, spirit and soul as you said are not meant for this realm. And with various beliefs we do take our consciousness with us to the other realm where the Spirit and soul are in charge. Here, consciousness rules. But the question is which of them comes first after the body.

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

in other words, consciousness is a spirit.
Since the other guy said energy is equivalent to spirit of human.

So, this spirit of a man, does it have memory? Or depends on a physical's memory?

conciousness is not spirit... Not in my opinion anyways, conciousness is more like activation, imagine humans were phones, ur body would be like the case of the phonem the spirit will be like the battery, the conciousness would be like the OS; whether its windows, android or iOS... They all work hand in hand but if ur phone case is damaged u can just remove the battery and still use it for another phone, however the battery does not carry the things u stored on the previous phone
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
yes, the energy exitsted... The particular amount of energy that exists is not known... But some energy is converted already while some are transitioning, that is they donot have vessels or bodies yet and also some bodies exist without this energy e.g. Stillbirths and maybe coma patients... The theory supports the notion that 'mad people' are human bodies in conflict with their spirit energy

i am still curious and it is getting deep.

Does this energy give life to a body or what?

People who are mad or coma tends to have mental problem, what does madness and coma have to do with the energy?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by ITbomb(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

okay, does this spirit have memory, i mean for remembering past event?
Depends on how developed the soul was at the previous time.
If it was not developed at all, you won't remember nothing but if it was very developed, there is a very slim possibility of it coming for another time on earth except it's on a mission
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:

Depends on how developed the soul was at the previous time.
If it was not developed at all, you won't remember nothing but if it was very developed, there is a very slim possibility of it coming for another time on earth except it's on a mission
To support this point, this is the reason why some people returns to this realm as infants bringing with them few memories of their past life. But as they grow, it either fades or waxes stronger, but in most cases, it usually fades.

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

People who are mad or coma tends to have mental problem, what does madness and coma have to do with the energy?
just like u cant insert the battery of ur phone on top of ur phone or on top of ur screen a battery has its place, it cant be fixed anywhere, so also, ur spirit cant abid in ur ass or in ur peenis, it resides in ur brain... Hence a damage to rhe brain is most likely going to cause issues with the energy a human carries in the form of their spirit... Not all damage to the brain may cause this interaction with energy however.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

this energy gives reasonable life and a medium for conciousness to a body... This means a body can stay active or 'alive' without a spirit for a particular time without the spirit but this form of being alive is limited in the form that the human will not be concious but the body must have an external source of energy like life support for coma patients etc... I used to own a blackberry curve 4, that phone was awesome, if i removed the battery of the phone it would die except it is plugged to a charger... It would still be active for the period it is plugged and limited in function
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
I was even thinking Energy tapped from others are converted to a more powerful energy considering the fact about ritualists. They know about this energies but with different explanations using the most easy ways in which the brain can comprehend.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
conciousness is not spirit... Not in my opinion anyways, conciousness is more like activation, imagine humans were phones, ur body would be like the case of the phonem the spirit will be like the battery, the conciousness would be like the OS; whether its windows, android or iOS... They all work hand in hand but if ur phone case is damaged u can just remove the battery and still use it for another phone, however the battery does not carry the things u stored on the previous phone

hmmm nice.
What you are saying is that the body needs the spirit to be conscious of itself and environnment

It means i can create 'human' like God.

According from what i learnt today, i can make a silicon body, make some chip. Program it to act in a way i want and insert it.

Viola

here is a robot.

Funny though..

This world is funny.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by CountDracula(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

hmmm nice.
What you are saying is that the body needs the spirit to be conscious of itself and environnment

According from what i learnt today, i can make a silicon body, make some chip. Program it to act in a way i want and insert it.

Viola

here is a robot.

Funny though..

This world is funny.

LOL... Definitely u can if u have the resources, the energy is not easy to channel though and humans have been battling with that since we understood that 3*3=9
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Humchi(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
CountDracula:
LOL... Definitely u can if u have the resources, the energy is not easy to channel though and humans have been battling with that since we understood that 3*3=9

thanks to you all have put out answers to many questions.

I am grateful for your efforts thanks.

Senorfax
countdracula
ITBOMB

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by ITbomb(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
SenorFax:
I was even thinking Energy tapped from others are converted to a more powerful energy considering the fact about ritualists. They know about this energies but with different explanations using the most easy ways in which the brain can comprehend.
Most revelations and explanations from the spiritual to physical falls victim to the limit of the decoder/encoder - the soul (and brain as you said)

There's how we put it back then.
Spiritual impressions on each recipient are like pictures not letters or words.
It is the level of development of each vessel that determines the accuracy what it sees

For instance, we have a case where a similar impression about a person is revealed to two different vessels. One is herbalist with limited exposure while the other has a higher exposure

The limited herbalist tells the man that he sees a white basin on his roof while some people where standing facing a mirror, so he should do something about people placing items in his house to monitor him.

The higher herbalist saw vividly (because his brain can relate to it), a satellite dish and television set and tells the man that he is going to purchase some new household items

It was a controversial example back then but till today, I look around and still relate to it

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by SenorFax(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:

Most revelations and explanations from the spiritual to physical falls victim to the limit of the decoder/encoder - the soul (and brain as you said)

There's how we put it back then.
Spiritual impressions on each recipient are like pictures not letters or words.
It is the level of development of each vessel that determines the accuracy what it sees

For instance, we have a case where a similar impression about a person is revealed to two different vessels. One is herbalist with limited exposure while the other has a higher exposure

The limited herbalist tells the man that he sees a white basin on his roof while some people where standing facing a mirror, so he should do something about people placing items in his house to monitor him.

The higher herbalist saw vividly (because his brain can relate to it), a satellite dish and television set and tells the man that he is going to purchase some new household items

It was a controversial example back then but till today, I look around and still relate to it
Exactly, you are so on point.
I once told a friend that revelations can be puzzles too, where some sees the head, the other sees the toe. They might be yet to meet someone who will show them the trunk. Combining them will give you ve a bigger picture rather than dwell on the head as a good luck and toe as a bad omen.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by ITbomb(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:

Viola

here is a robot.

Funny though..

This world is funny.

It's being done already but scientists always stop at where they thought they were about to repeat God's "mistake" as they put it and that is FREEWILL

The latest attempt at the highest level of Artificial Intelligence and freewill ability saw the robot starting to write another program in a machine language the scientists couldn't understand, they had to shut it down.
It happened recently, you can Google it
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by GodSon34(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yes our spirit exits before our birth. It is the Spirit/Consciousness that allows the baby to have life before birth. That is, able to kick inside the mother’s womb. The Spirit is the essence of Man. At birth, our Spirit and Soul are one (United). That is why babies are innocent until they develop the free spirit or soul
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by GodSon34(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
The Spirit is Consciousness!
CountDracula:
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
ITbomb:
Yes, our parents didn't exactly transfer their personality to us, rather we as spirit beings where drawn towards homogeneous spirit and then we entered some weeks after conception

Was that drawn from bible peraonal opinion?
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Humchi:
Did our spirits exist before our birth?

Please i need answers from the knowledgeable ones and i have set of questions to ask.

It depends on what you mean by spirit. We don't have a conscious spirit part. We are flesh with a spark of life - breath of life.

1 Like

Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by GodSon34(m): 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
Evidence of a general lack of knowledge of Self. Man is made up of a Spirit (Adam) and a Soul or free Spirit (Eve). Both of whom are within the Mind (Temple of God) of Man. Adam = Spirit = Consciousness. The fruits of the Spirit are Love, inner peace, self-control, creativity, faith, hope, etc. This is the Conscience- that quiet voice that opposes the soul. The fruits of the soul are anger, envy, lust, ego, fear, intellect, etc. The purpose of life is to bring the soul under the control of the Spirit (Godhead). This is what marriage means, the union of the soul and spirit. The two become one Mind (yin/yang)
JMAN05:

It depends on what you mean by spirit. We don't have a conscious spirit part. We are flesh with a spark of life - breath of life.
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Feb 16
Humchi:
Did our spirits exist before our birth? Please i need answers from the knowledgeable ones and i have set of questions to ask.
Scripture has it that man had no spirit before his birth and after his birth. Rather, men can become born of spirit only when each chooses to become born-again - John vs 5-8. undecided
Re: Did Our Spirit Exist Before Our Birth? by Zaheertyler(m): 1:27am On Feb 18
Rule number one of thermodynamics

(1) (2) (Reply)

If My Pastor Is Wrong What Do I Do ? Rebuke Him? / Anniversary: The Boys'Brigade @137 And The Boys'Brigade Nigeria @112 / Bewarned: 3 Days Darkness On The Earth In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.