Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

How A Jehovah Witness Because Of Blood Transfusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Jehovah Witness Because Of Blood Transfusion (197 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Jehovah Witness Because Of Blood Transfusion by chikachuks1(m): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
A young Nigerian woman has narrated the sad story of how a friend died due to religious beliefs. The young lady identified as Jewel Chika Okparaeke shared the tragic story on social media.

The lady who revealed that the deceased was a banker in Jos, noted that the sad incident had occurred after the man had an accident on his way home from work.

Okparaeke stated the man was immediately rushed to a private hospital where he was advised to do blood transfusion due to the loss of blood he suffered after the accident occurred.

According to the lady, the banker’s wife and family members who are Jehovah’s Witness members refused to do a blood transfusion. She explained that the doctors tried their best to convince the family and pastors but they refused to give consent.

The lady further noted that the story became more heartbreaking after the man who is also a Jehovah’s Witness member begged his family to give consent for the blood transfusion.

She explained that the family refused, claiming that the Jehovah would save him. According to her, when his younger brother who is a student tried to interfere the family moved the man to another hospital

“I am heart-broken!!! Lost a colleague in the industry to some religious fallacies. I am angry, I have been restless since I heard how he died. Bros is big top Oga in one of the Banks, He had an accident Saturday night on his way home, He was rushed to a very good private hospital, everyone can attest they are good. Bros needed blood urgently cos he had lost so much blood.

They called his wife and family and they refused to give consent to be transfused cos they are Jehovah witness, the doctors tried all they could, according to reports the pastors and others stayed put and refused. Where my heart shattered is that,I learnt bros was begging his family to help save his life, he asked they give consent, they refused and said Jehovah will save him if he wants.

His younger brother tried but the moved bros out of the hospital to the one owned by JW.. The younger brother is just a young student so he couldn’t do much to help his brother. Bros died in the JW hospital, I am broken. I am so hurt hearing this careless death. Do I have any Jehovah witness member as friends on my list? Why exactly do you people do this?
http://www.christianityupdate.com/blog/blood-transfusion/
Re: How A Jehovah Witness Because Of Blood Transfusion by matrix199(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
I had same experience some years back with a friend. I lost him because of his Jehovah Witness belief.

It's so disheartening that people don't seem to reason out the insanity in some religious beliefs. It's suicidal itself to reject any life saving procedure. Jesus didn't reject the "water(vinegar)" the Roman soldiers offered him on the cross, even though he knew his time was up.

The flesh/body is not going to heaven, it was not designed to. The spirit is! The leadership of the Jehovah Witness should disprove these anomalous beliefs of theirs to avert the untimely waste of lives of their members.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Lord Grant Us The Humility To Accept Our Wrong Doings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.